Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macnamee  (Read 34012 times)

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Friday, November 27, 2009, 17:11:44 »

i hope you are right dv.i have my doubts though
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Friday, November 27, 2009, 17:18:48 »

He hasn't been settled for sometime and was still commuting from London.The interest from
Norwich back in august,has undoubtedly played on his mind and with his contract up at the
end of season,it's likely that he was wanting to move on.Players these days can force the
issue,so please bear that in mind.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Friday, November 27, 2009, 17:27:56 »

of course players can force the issue,but so can the clubs.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Friday, November 27, 2009, 17:52:30 »

See ya...  don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.  He can fuck off for all I care, I'm confident we can get someone of the same standard if not better for peanuts...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Friday, November 27, 2009, 22:35:04 »

I bet he turns out to be absolutely quality for Norwich and will be the next Brian Howard in terms of "remind us why everyone got on his back so much?" in 18 months.

Agreed

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Friday, November 27, 2009, 22:41:08 »

trouble is if nowrich have been chasing him for as long as reported/speculated then his heart has never really been in it as he's probably always wanted the bigger club. Hence mixed performances

nice to see he's moved now we're in the same division

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #171 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 00:19:02 »

Its a shame but bye bye Macca. His perofrmance in the friendly v Portsmouth was jaw droppingly brilliant. Its probably best for all concerned for him to move on - if there's a fee involved even better. He's old enough now to be more consistent than he is. He's no Sir Don or David Moss is he? 
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 08:13:04 »

What exactly has Brian Howard done since leaving here?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #173 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 10:26:48 »

Well he's playing in a higher division than all of our current crop i.e. he's done alright since leaving us.
Lumps

« Reply #174 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 10:30:39 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/8382607.stm

"Norwich boss Paul Lambert said McNamee and defender Russell Martin, who has joined on loan from Peterborough, will provide the added cover he has been looking for."

Doesn't sound like he's going straight into the first 11 to me. If they go up this season we'll have him back on loan come next September.

Anyway, everything I've read and seen from highlights suggests he had his head turned when they came in for him in the summer, and he's not been the same player since. If he was on a longer contract we might have been able to force the issue but as it is fuck him, if he wants bench time at Carrow Road on more money he can have it.

And the comparisons with Walters - Bollocks! No where near the same class, and Wally was at the dog-end of his career when he was with us, not coming into his prime.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 11:30:46 »

Its a shame but bye bye Macca. His perofrmance in the friendly v Portsmouth was jaw droppingly brilliant. Its probably best for all concerned for him to move on - if there's a fee involved even better. He's old enough now to be more consistent than he is. He's no Sir Don or David Moss is he? 

Good post....people will laugh but Macca will be playing non lge footy within a couple of years...he had loads of chances in the team while others (Easton) who put more into the cause have been very dissapointed and left out...his performance v Huddersfield was a disgrace.....cant remember him having three good matches on the trot unlike Greer,Cuthbert,Douglas and Lucas....Good luck to him lifes too short for bitterness and we move on forward.

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 15:08:26 »

hahahaha
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 15:16:09 »

...if he wants bench time at Carrow Road on more money he can have it.

To be fair, if you offered most people more money for less work, they would probably take it.  Time will tell with Macca.  He will need to improve is consistency if he wants to move up a league.  Our division is full of players who could cut it in the Championship if only they would produce their best form week after week.  That's the difference between a Championship player and one from the lower leagues.  We all know what Macca can do.  Unless he starts doing it on a more regular basis, he'll be going nowhere (other than Norfolk).
adje

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 15:22:02 »

scored the winner against Liverpool?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DMR

« Reply #179 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 04:13:35 »

Some of the people who posted in this thread need a fucking CAT scan asap.

A bigger loss than Cox?
Fucking brilliant player?

Jesus cunting Christ.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: