Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macnamee  (Read 34831 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 09:06:59 »

I was thinking he's unlucky also. How many players have to travel to Carlisle succesive weekends?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 09:39:20 »

I was thinking he's unlucky also. How many players have to travel to Carlisle succesive weekends?

The Carlisle players?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 10:00:28 »

Shut up, clever balls.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 10:21:40 »

As he was ineligible to play I doubt he left the comforts of his own home.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 15:45:15 »

Some of the people who posted in this thread need a fucking CAT scan asap.

A bigger loss than Cox?
Fucking brilliant player?

Jesus cunting Christ.

After watching the goal highlights of the '89-90 season, David Kerslake was putting more dangerous crosses that Macca ever did, as Kerslake was prepared to try and beat the opposing full back and get to the byline, which Macca hardly ever did. Yes the front two at the time were shear class in comparison now, but the supply of crosses which MacNamee did were, on the whole, poor. I cannot remember him beating at opposition full back and getting to the byline for over a year.

Good riddance.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 15:51:56 »

meh

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
adje

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 16:20:08 »

After watching the goal highlights of the '89-90 season, David Kerslake was putting more dangerous crosses that Macca ever did, as Kerslake was prepared to try and beat the opposing full back and get to the byline, which Macca hardly ever did. Yes the front two at the time were shear class in comparison now, but the supply of crosses which MacNamee did were, on the whole, poor. I cannot remember him beating at opposition full back and getting to the byline for over a year.

Good riddance.

bit like Beckham then!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 16:23:14 »

did you just compare McNamee to Beckham?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 16:28:41 »

I didnt-Summer of 69 did!

DMR

« Reply #189 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 17:10:59 »

I used to think adje knew his stuff but he's becoming more and more wrong!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 17:14:30 »

When has anyone seen Beckham beating the full back and getting to the by line?-thats the point I was trying to make

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 17:16:35 »

Kersy was class though.  Good defensively but a load of little flicks and tricks as well.  I remember him doing a lovely little behind the leg flick against newcastle in 93 and a nice little stab flick over an on rushing fullback around that time.  Really was good football in those days.

Never knowingly overstated.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 17:21:12 »

Kers was a class signing by Ossie.To convert him to fullback/wing back was even more of
a masterstroke.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 17:21:38 »

I've always been a big fan of McNamee, but I'm surprisingly not bothered by him leaving. He doesn't seem to be having the same effect on games this season that he did last. Not sure why, maybe its down to our style of play changing?

We seem to be more defence minded this season, perhaps just due to the fact we've got a solid defence who are confident on the ball and we can build from the back more - especially as we've got a very solid defensive midfielder in Douglas to hold things together.

I'm sure the loss of Cox has got a lot to do with it as well as they linked up well last season. At least, McNamee could put a ball in to the box and know there was a good chance of someone who can score being on the end of it.

I could be talking total shit of course, but as I said, I don't think the loss of this seasons McNamee is anywhere near as bad as losing him last season would have been.
Spencer_White

« Reply #194 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 18:51:36 »

Beckham has done a lot of damage to the old style of British wingers. Because of him so many wingers dont try and beat the full backs and end up basically wacking the ball into the defender.

Beckham can do it, but most players do need to make the space to cross.

Lets have O'Brien and Macklin on the wings, beating the opposition for pace, that will give the crowd some real excitement.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: