Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Most embarrassing moment in a football ground  (Read 10664 times)
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 22:29:43 »

When my now wife fainted in the extreme heat on Stratton Bank against Barnsley about a hundred years ago.  It wasn't embarrassing at the time as I didn't notice - well it wasn't a bad game!

But rest assured it gets dragged out and exaggerated at every opportunity.

I splashed out for a seat the next time I took her.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 23:48:55 »

I remember when this lad sat a few seats away from me had a nose bleed and I had to take him to hospital.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 23:51:39 »

I remember when this lad sat a few seats away from me had a nose bleed and I had to take him to hospital.

Pre season game wasn't it?  Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 23:58:00 »

Yeah it was the WBA game
Barry Scott

« Reply #49 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 00:21:50 »

I can't recall having any embarrassing moments at the football ground, although i do recall when some lad proposed to his Misses on the pitch at half time, and a load of people started singing, "does she take it up the arse?" That amused me and i expect he was embarrassed.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 00:36:37 »

Mine's really lame.

I had a really, really bad headache watching Swindon play at QPR. The noise and jumping up and down was killing me, it was so bad that I had to go to the first aid people, get some pain killers and have a lie down somewhere quiet for 20 minutes. In my defence, the headache was a result of trying too hard whilst playing in a game against QPR fans earlier the same day.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 00:39:34 »

i do recall when some lad proposed to his Misses on the pitch at half time, and a load of people started singing, "does she take it up the arse?" That amused me and i expect he was embarrassed.

I love those videos of failed proposals at games, got to be one of the most embarrassing things that can ever happen to anyone - for both parties. Even funnier when the commentators start taking the piss and laughing.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 00:44:35 »

I managed to break my ankle at a game - on the terracing. It wasn't particularly embarassing at the time though - just pretty painful!
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 02:36:23 »

Swindon Town 1 : 3 Oxford United

But, this was over thirty years ago.

Also, some years ago the town had a free-admittance friendly game on a Sunday, several individuals were arrested trying to get in "for nothing?" behind the Stratton Bank.  Being a town fan can be embarrassing at times.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 02:38:22 by Crozzer » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 08:05:11 »

I can't recall having any embarrassing moments at the football ground, although i do recall when some lad proposed to his Misses on the pitch at half time, and a load of people started singing, "does she take it up the arse?" That amused me and i expect he was embarrassed.

Oxford away FA cup game?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
land_of_bo

« Reply #55 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 11:34:04 »

Turning up at half time of Charlton away when they played at west ham, think it was about 92, completely pissed. Got in for free but then strolled into terrace, sat on barrier, fell off and got thrown out.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 11:47:30 »

Mine was when I was actually playing in a 6-a-side tournament at the County Ground about 5-6 years ago.

In front of around 200 people in the Arkells Stand (including the likes of Paul Bodin and some other ex players who were also involved in the tournament).

I was running toward goal, the ball was played through to me, I was approaching the goal, one on one with the keeper, an almost certain goal.

I swung at the ball with my right foot, however I slightly clipped the ball with my left foot during the swing knocking the ball away. I completely missed the ball and fell right on my arse much to the amusement of the 200 people watching, and I get reminded of that moment on a regular basis.
Luckily no-one (to my knowledge) was filming it.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 11:53:56 »

I reckon mine is standing behind Clayton Ince’s goal with Samdy Gray and hurling drunken abuse at him.

Yep, that has to be up there.

My most most embarrassing moment has to be Rovers away in our League Two season when we had the chance to get promoted. Someone (incorrectly) told me Franchise were losing, so I started a merry jig up and down the front of the stand. Mex collared me and asked me what the fuck I was doing, to which I replied that Franchise were losing and we were going up. He corrected me and I sat down feeling like a right tool.
Barry Scott

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 12:07:00 »

Oxford away FA cup game?

You know what i think you could be right there. Certainly rings a bell.  Smiley
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 12:19:08 »

Yep, that has to be up there.

My most most embarrassing moment has to be Rovers away in our League Two season when we had the chance to get promoted. Someone (incorrectly) told me Franchise were losing, so I started a merry jig up and down the front of the stand. Mex collared me and asked me what the fuck I was doing, to which I replied that Franchise were losing and we were going up. He corrected me and I sat down feeling like a right tool.

you sure that was me? really cant remember that?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: