Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: West Ham v Millwall  (Read 14788 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 17:07:48 »

Even if no trouble occurred a hostile atmosphere was always going to happen.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 17:13:31 »

A lot of people have mentioned the naivety of people who took their kids to the game, but the whole point is that they shouldn't have to stay away from the game for fear of trouble. A caller on 5live made a very valid point last night when he asked whether he shouldn't cross the road with his son "just in case" they get hit by a car.

The majority of people shouldn't be made to avoid something because of a minority few. If those dickheads wanted to beat seven shades of shit out of each other they should've done it somewhere far away from the ground rather than impart their neanderthal ways on those who just wanted to go and enjoy watching a game of football.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 17:18:24 »

A lot of people have mentioned the naivety of people who took their kids to the game, but the whole point is that they shouldn't have to stay away from the game for fear of trouble. A caller on 5live made a very valid point last night when he asked whether he shouldn't cross the road with his son "just in case" they get hit by a car.

The majority of people shouldn't be made to avoid something because of a minority few. If those dickheads wanted to beat seven shades of shit out of each other they should've done it somewhere far away from the ground rather than impart their neanderthal ways on those who just wanted to go and enjoy watching a game of football.
I agree that it shouldn't happen, but it does, and it was always likely to last night
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 17:25:30 »

What exactly makes you say that? There were hundreds of riot police in and around the ground, and Millwall's allocation was significantly reduced. It's obvious that the police were expecting trouble, the only question is whether or not they took the right measures to try to prevent it.

As for the FA, all I've heard from them is that they intend to lauch an enquiry, which says nothing about whether they expected trouble or not. What I find hard to believe is the amount of people who took their young children and were surprised when there was trouble. Unbelievable.

The reduced allocation was probably a bad move as it meant more nut jobs out on the street even harder to contain than if they were in a ground where the police are able to box them in more.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 17:28:04 »

the whole point is that they shouldn't have to stay away from the game for fear of trouble.  
No they shouldn't. But the fact of the matter is, it was West Ham v Millwall and there was bound to be trouble. If you took your wife and kid on the basis that you SHOULD be able to then you are fucking stupid. If you have a family then your first responsibility is to them and the REALITY of the situation not what SHOULD happen.

I have only ever worn colours to a very small percentage of away games and have always been amazed when I have been to, say, Oxford and seen blokes with young kids (Town fans that is) all shirted and scarved up. It's just asking for trouble. Again, yes he SHOULD be able to do that but in REALITY, he is risking him or his kid getting twatted. It's not right, but saying "Ooooh, I SHOULD have been able to take my kid to the game with our colours on" is not going to help you when your at A+E having 10 stitches put in you forehead.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 17:34:57 »

These two teams would have played each other in the Championship a few years ago (right?) and I dont remember anything like this happening in those 2 games (right?) so surely that proves that it can be policed properly and effectivly right?

So what the fuck went wrong last night. I cant see why a Carling Cup 2nd round game would suddenly be more, whats the word meh I cant think of it....intense than the league games a few years back?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 17:43:40 »

The reduced allocation was probably a bad move as it meant more nut jobs out on the street even harder to contain than if they were in a ground where the police are able to box them in more.
I agree in part, although it seems there were quite a few involved in the trouble who already have banning orders, so wouldn't have been able to get tickets anyway.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 17:44:48 »

These two teams would have played each other in the Championship a few years ago (right?) and I dont remember anything like this happening in those 2 games (right?) so surely that proves that it can be policed properly and effectivly right?

So what the fuck went wrong last night. I cant see why a Carling Cup 2nd round game would suddenly be more, whats the word meh I cant think of it....intense than the league games a few years back?
They played in the cup in 2005, not sure about the league though? I have no idea what was different then and now.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 17:57:13 »

04/05 season they were both in the Championship.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 18:00:30 »

This has to be the only pitch invasion anybody would want to see at Upton Park..

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 18:26:34 »

No they shouldn't. But the fact of the matter is, it was West Ham v Millwall and there was bound to be trouble. If you took your wife and kid on the basis that you SHOULD be able to then you are fucking stupid. If you have a family then your first responsibility is to them and the REALITY of the situation not what SHOULD happen.

I have only ever worn colours to a very small percentage of away games and have always been amazed when I have been to, say, Oxford and seen blokes with young kids (Town fans that is) all shirted and scarved up. It's just asking for trouble. Again, yes he SHOULD be able to do that but in REALITY, he is risking him or his kid getting twatted. It's not right, but saying "Ooooh, I SHOULD have been able to take my kid to the game with our colours on" is not going to help you when your at A+E having 10 stitches put in you forehead.

Totally agree with you.  My son doesn't like football but if he did at 10yrs old i would be very selective on which away games i took him to let alone something like west ham millwall fixture!
lambourn red

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 18:35:08 »

The difference is that it is mainly Season ticket Holders when playing in the league and the game will be played at 11:30 in the morning. Last night tickets were open to anybody right up until 5pm last night that coupled with drinking all day and hey presto you have a riot on your hands especially when the Millwall mob takeover a hammers pub in the early afternoon.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 18:36:23 »

I can't be the only one that would have liked to have been in the ground last night?

Not near any of the action of course, and preferabbly with 2 burly bouncers by my side, but just to experience something like that would be ace

Things get better but they never get good
Rich Pullen

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 18:41:59 »

I imagine thousands went and sat safely elsewhere to watch the mayhem.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 18:46:52 »

Trouble is banning those involved will make no difference as they are not football supporters anyway

Sorry, but how do you know this?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: