Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Wolves v Swindon matchday thread.  (Read 43760 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 12:36:23 »

Yeah saw them.....why wernt they happy?....seemed pretty content ware i was sitting!...
Div

« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 12:42:06 »

All the comments about the football have been spot on.

The referee, although shit, was right (whether we like it or not, i was certainly shouting send the bastard off at the time), but he was right not to send off the keeper - that was pretty much the only thing he got right all game though - paynters yellow card shouldn't have been, all he was doing was standing his ground and getting jumped upon. Wolves leading in with their arms, he missed that 'occasionally'. he didn't caution 2 wolves players for shirt pulling (but gave the free-kick, a big no-no), booked Wanky for a heavy challenge but failed to book a wolves player 2 mins earlier for exactly the same thing.

I think he got a bit of 'i dont want to be the centre of attention if a prem side gets kicked out by these lowly minnows, i best give everything to wolves'.
He would have got stick in the changing rooms for the picture PHIL! put up (and definetly wouldn't be getting good marks for positioning from the assessor) but he fucking deserved the ball in his face, and that was 20 mins in! As for the linesman in our attacking half - he was flag happy, some of the offsides were dubious from behind the goal (as to who was actually interfering), but i havn't seen a decent angle of the disallowed goal, but i reckon paynter was 2 yards off!

i hope wolves don't think they deserved that win, we'll see them next season in the Champ!
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:18:34 by Div » Logged
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 12:44:06 »

Outside the ground there was about 10-12 of them looking for certain wolves fans, one of swindon shouted 'c'mon wolves lets have it' but when i got back into the coach i seen them hanging around where the coaches were parked waiting to keave, and they ran after some people but came back walking straight after, maybe cuz they were the wrong people or the otehrs ran. But thats all i know
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 12:59:32 »

You're fucking kidding, right?

There were three racist cunts chanting all sorts of abuse behind me (directed at the Wolves fans, Wolves players and our players) and the stewards did absolutely fuck all. They just sat there and let them get away with it.

The police couldn't do fuck all about it because they are only allowed into the seated area of the stadium if requested by stewards, which they weren't.

Its alright Sam, the stewards behind us actually said they hate Wolves fans. Must be from an outdoor agency.

Anyhow what a cracking night.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 13:52:10 »

You're fucking kidding, right?

There were three racist cunts chanting all sorts of abuse behind me (directed at the Wolves fans, Wolves players and our players) and the stewards did absolutely fuck all. They just sat there and let them get away with it.

The police couldn't do fuck all about it because they are only allowed into the seated area of the stadium if requested by stewards, which they weren't.

Fucking waste of fucking space

Anything for a quiet night

Wankers..................and I am not the only one that thinks that !
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 13:52:14 »

Right, after getting in at 1 and getting up for work at 5....I've finally got time to type all this gash.

I thought we were excellent tonight. We held a Premiership team to a draw over 120 minutes and penalties are always a lottery and the better team on the night NEVER wins them.

Lucas - 9 - I thought he was superb and thats the first time I've honestly thought he was better than Phil Smith. Alot more re-active off his line and first to everything. Some cracking saves and good claiming of crosses. Good penalty as well, which I called. I said he'd take the 5th penalty to Mr. Munroe who was sat infront of me. MOTM

Amankwaah - 9 - Again I thought he was excellent and solid as a fucking rock in at right back. Probably didnt do as much going forward as usual but a solid defensive display and some good tackles. MOTM

Greer - 9 - Cant add to what has already been said, captain fantastic out there last night. It was almost like watching Shaun Taylor. Kept what was to start with (Doyle & Vokes) is a 7m+ strike partnership and then Andy Keough who Wolves spent 850k on a few years back. Shame about the penalty. MOTM

Cuthbert - 9 - I didnt go to Gillingham but I guess he was as bad that day as he was good last night. Hell of CB debut and will certainly give Wilson a headache for Southend. It was almost like watching Gordon Greer!! Some quality last ditch tackles as well. MOTM

Kennedy - 7 - A decent enough game from Kennedy but at times he did look a bit 'rabbit in headlights' and hoofed it out of play alot. Think he got better and more composed at the game went on. Their number 44 was quite tricky as well. Some quality last ditch tackles where he ran right across the pitch, well I think it was him it was up the other end!!

Topi Odebayi - 6 - I dont think he was as bad as others are making out but he was frustrating. His general play was alright and he put in a decent shift (which you dont always get from loan players!) but his killer ball and decision making are slow and awful. In some ways he reminds me of Jamie Slabber (yes, I do mean Jamie Slabber and I did only say some ways) his general play is good, his contribution to the team is good but he lacks the final ball & never looks like scoring. Still would like to see him actually played upfront mind you.

Easton - 7 - Surpirsed to see him and start and more surprised to see him play 120 minutes like he'd never been away! Last season he never really got going and after spells out always looked rusty and off the pace, not tonight. It was more like the Easton of old (not just because he's grown his hair again!) still some sloppy passing in places but I think he probably did enough to give Wilson something to think about saturday.

Douglas - 7 - Got stuck in but boy doesnt he win alot in the fucking air. He just has this awesome ability to win everything in the air. Broke up play well, pushed the ref over, some good threw balls as well. Really starting to look the real deal in the middle

JPM - 7 - By the high standards he's set one of his quieter games but before in games when JPM didnt see alot of the ball or get bypassed he's basically be out of the game but last night he was full of running, tracking back, tackling. Not what we saw last season at all. Still played some good passes and hit a few good balls. Crosses werent as good I didnt think

McNamee - 6.5 - Typical McNamee to me, one minute he's running at players and they look like their shitting themselves the next minute you dont see him for 20 minutes. I think he had his best spell in the first half down the other end when I didnt have the best few of what was going on. Came close to scoring and even headed clear a corner!! Not as bad as Topi hence the .5 but drifted in and out.

Paynter - 7 - Typical Paynter, hard work, hassling, alot of jumping and getting fouled (4 in 10 get given - 3 in those 4 get given against Paynter!) Didnt really get any clear cut chances think he even cleared one off the line at some point. Can understand why he went off but probably should have left him on.

Subs.

Macklin - 6 - ran but didnt really get into the game, saw alot of the ball - flying over his head!
Marshall - 6.5 - thats probably only the 2nd time I've seen him play and I've thought he looked like a profootballer, his pace was troubling them no ends towards the end. Like McNamee sometimes he just needs to get the ball in the box rather than do a step over
O'Brien - 6 - looked lively when he came on but didnt see alot of the ball

Only thing I would have liked to have seen last night but didnt was Morrison come on for the last 5 minutes, purely just for his throw in. Launch it in the box and put the keeper under a bit of pressure.

The penalties were surprising. Scot did ask before who I thought would take them and I think I said JPM, Easton, Douglas, O'Brien and Lucas last. It did surprise me that it the young players who stepped up (Kennedy, Macklin & Marshall) dunno if Wilson picked them or they put their hands up but fair play to them. Just sticking the ball in the net has probably done those 3 the world of good confidence wise. Good penalties all round by both sides. Lucas got really close to one and so did Hananananananamammamaman gutted the one he got close to smacked the post.

Really encouraging display. I just hope we're that up for it every game.

Fans were really good, its just a crying shame we dont take that following every where. That would be fucking awesome.

Special mention to the stupid dickhead of a ball boy who was clearly very enthusiastic and ran to get all the balls that were no where near him. He looked a right dickhead.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 14:41:04 »

It did surprise me that it the young players who stepped up (Kennedy, Macklin & Marshall) dunno if Wilson picked them or they put their hands up but fair play to them.

I was surpised too but then if you think about it, Kennedy and Macklin have been in the youth team, and if I remember correctly have been in a few penalty shoot outs and won, so they were probably more than happy to do them because they know they've scored them before, took guts from Kennedy to take the first one though, and loved it when Lucas popped up to take a penalty!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 15:17:03 »

Fucking waste of fucking space

Anything for a quiet night

Wankers..................and I am not the only one that thinks that !

What a difference 10 rows of seats make!

Clems Army!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 15:21:19 »

All the comments about the football have been spot on.

The referee, although shit, was right (whether we like it or not, i was certainly shouting send the bastard off at the time), but he was right not to send off the keeper - that was pretty much the only thing he got right all game though - paynters yellow card shouldn't have been, all he was doing was standing his ground and getting jumped upon. Wolves leading in with their arms, he missed that 'occasionally'. he didn't caution 2 wolves players for shirt pulling (but gave the free-kick, a big no-no), booked Wanky for a heavy challenge but failed to book a wolves player 2 mins earlier for exactly the same thing.

I think he got a bit of 'i dont want to be the centre of attention if a prem side gets kicked out by these lowly minnows, i best give everything to wolves'.
He would have got stick in the changing rooms for the picture PHIL! put up (and definetly wouldn't be getting good marks for positioning from the assessor) but he fucking deserved the ball in his face, and that was 20 mins in! As for the linesman in our attacking half - he was flag happy, some of the offsides were dubious from behind the goal (as to who was actually interfering), but i havn't seen a decent angle of the disallowed goal, but i reckon easton was 2 yards off!

i hope wolves don't think they deserved that win, we'll see them next season in the Champ!

I sat in the main stand on the halfway line and IMO the only thing that the ref was guilty of was pulling back play constantly for off sides etc. when advantage could have been played.

The goalkeeper should not have been sent off, he was hardly running towards goal and they had numerous defenders getting back to cover.  Paynter, although he was getting battered by the central defender was also guilty of constantly jumping/backing into the defender and the ref even gave him a chance after the 3rd/4th time by calling over him and the captain and saying 1 more and it's yellow.  It wasn't until a long time after that that he booked him.

Paynter was well offside for the disallowed goal but had it gone straight in instead of hitting the post it would have been given as up until it rebounding and hitting him he was not interfering.

I do agree that Wolves got the benefit of any doubt that was there and that he was very quick to blow his whistle at times but he got none of the major decisions wrong and nothing he did affected the result.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
lightning13

« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 16:08:50 »

After being at the match last night sat up near the Wolves fans i can safely say that the stewards were unbeleivable. The racist chanting for parts of the game were out of order. Especially considerign their were two asian STFC supporters sat on the end of the rows. Complete f'ing morons the lot of them. Seriously, they go along to just shout abuse at the opposing fans, i can safely say the idiot who came and stood in front of me for the second half spent more time trying to get his mates attention and turning around than actually watchign the game and supporting the team...

After a positive display by the town its a shame theres a minority that didn't seem in one bit interested in the game.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 16:35:54 »

Sounds like a cracking game and I'm gutted I missed it.

Thanks for the photo of the ground Sam, but I preferred Aldershot away last season....

It's All Good..............
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 16:51:44 »

Yeah right.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 17:31:23 »

On the subject of Wolves' fans, they were shit.

The only time they made any real noise was when they did the 'Ho-ho silver lining' song before the 1st and 2nd half. Apart from that, they just copied every song we did and were very very quiet.

I actually attempted a 'you only sing when we're singing' chant that didn't catch on, meh...

As for the game - brilliant, that is all.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 17:32:20 »

Sounds like a cracking game and I'm gutted I missed it.

Thanks for the photo of the ground Sam, but I preferred Aldershot away last season....

Don't worry mate, you've got the JPT to look forward to! Cheesy
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 17:34:13 »

I actually attempted a 'you only sing when we're singing' chant that didn't catch on, meh...
I didn't hear you, would have been a good one! All they did was occasionally make a pathetic effort to sing our songs with different words!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: