Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Wolves v Swindon matchday thread.  (Read 44541 times)
cib

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 23:18:06 »

We were brilliant tonight. From Lucas through to Marshall (who ran his socks off - he might not be the greatest footballer at the club but he ran up and down non-stop and hassled), they were all awesome. Wolves never really looked like scoring, they had their chances but fluffed them, whilst I think we just lacked a little composure or a final ball which was the difference between 0-0 and us winning by 2 or 3 goals. The back 4 looked solid and comfortable against Doyle, Keogh, Vokes whoever, whilst Douglas/Easton/J-P bossed the middle.

If we can play like that consistently we'll be looking up rather than down come May.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #421 on: Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 23:48:23 »

Wolves were shit scared of Mark Morrison Marshall. Obadeye is shit.

Penaties on youtube but it's still processing at the mo, I've only just uploaded.

EDIT. Working now. Enjoy.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 23:54:03 by jayohaitchenn » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 23:58:38 »

Not long back,,very proud of the fans tonight..knew we wouldnt win on pens...BUT my god did we play some good stuff tonight,the best ive seen in along time,short passing movements and not giving the ball away,Lucas was brilliant in his kicking and Greer got the nod for me as best player on the pitch...Wilson is setting his stall out and even when we get a goalscorer in hes guna have to work his balls off...yes i was cheezed coming out the stadium,as on Saturday its a match we shouldve won...only time will tell wether DW can bring that killer instinct to the team cos i saw us last Tuesday v Saints and this Tuesday v Wolves and to be honest we hammered them both...only one little complaint and that is i wouldve braught OBrien on a little earlier..but that is seriously not knocking the team at all.........very chuffed with that tonight.

As a footnote though the Wolves fans wernt great tonight i take my hat off to the Wolves Stewards...not a hint of hassle from them and thaught they were top notch towards us visiting fans.
A great night all round..............bar the result.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 00:07:24 »

Just back and I'm still feeling so god damn proud of them all. They worked so hard and put in everything and we couldn't have asked for anything more.

This Swindon side definitely has something and things are definitely coming together! Thought Greer and Cuthbert were superb tonight and Kennedy and Amankwaah also. In fact Kennedy was excellent. Easton did well and Marshall and macklin caused a lot of problems. Marshall has improved hugely and think he will be a real asset. Here's hoping we made it through unscathed for Saturday!

Oh and Lucas is ace, ESP the way he took his penalty! 
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 00:20:43 »

Yes...was pleased for Marshall...showed hes got a future if he wants it...as for Lucas his kicking was superb...dont think he put one out of touch even under pressure.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 00:21:32 »

Did you see the size of their number 3?

He was built like a rugger player.

Big old unit.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 00:25:28 »

Massive..kept expecting the town players to put little ropes round his ankles and start pulling...like in Gullivers Travels..
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 00:26:32 »

Also guilty of the worst foul throw that I have ever seen.

His left boot was at least a foot over the touchline when he released the ball.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 00:59:18 »

Think tonight will be good for Cuthbert, he must've felt a little negative after his display at Gillingham and being subbed at half time, put in a good shift tonight though, looked very comfortable and assured.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 01:00:00 »

Just got back after a detour to Warminster...

Delighted to see that display tonight.

Greer - MOM so odds on he was going to fuck it up at the end ala Migz at that great night in Leeds.

Stewards were as great as Objebodgeit is shit.....Cant: Pass/Shoot/Head/Tackle...hopeless.

Should the keeper been sent off??  i think so...no discussion.

Was the 'goal' offside?Huh? and how??

Left disappointed but proud......pride that Muppet Malpas took away from me. Cheesy

My nephew is now hooked and asked about the Exeter game!!

PS - Thanks for the "Flash! AaaaaaHaaaa!"  chant on my arrival! Not Worthy

Clems Army!
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 06:07:00 »

Jacqui Oatley in her match report for 5 Live, claimed that the 120 mins of football was
"utterly forgettable".

You'll never guess where she comes from? Yep Wolverhampton! Jacqui you may have the face
for the BBC's Football League show,but you haven't the brains for radio.

Bring back Eleanor Oldroyd, she reported on us frequently during the Hoddle era,especially
the Easter Monday 6 - 4 win at St Andrews.She still claims that is the most dramatic
game that she's ever seen,even though she's a Gooner.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 06:09:46 »

just watched the video on BBC of the west ham/milwall pitch invasion, what wankers, they should be embarresed.
Fair play to Jack collison (i think No31) for helping out the stewards in getting them all off the field.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 06:49:11 »

just watched the video on BBC of the west ham/milwall pitch invasion, what wankers, they should be embarresed.
Fair play to Jack collison (i think No31) for helping out the stewards in getting them all off the field.

Collison's dad was killed in a motorbike accident a couple of days ago and he did well to actually play the game. He was very emotional at the end!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #433 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 07:09:02 »

Hannerman should of been sent off. Greer was motm had doyle and Keogh in his back pocket.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 07:16:08 »

Should the keeper been sent off??  i think so...no discussion.

my mate made the point that there was little point in stopping the game when we had the ball, the keepers waaay out of his goal and there were people in the box.

i'd have sent him off but i do think myself a tad biased...i guess you could argue it was a goal scoring opportunity but i think waffling about things like this can detract from a bloody excellent performance

here's to a flat performance against southend!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: