Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macklin  (Read 7721 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 20:53:49 »

I used to but i learnt as a mere supporter i will never be good enough for him.
Barry Scott

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 21:04:03 »

Disagree, if they are good enough they'll make it fans or no fans. If you can't cope with abit of abuse form the people who are pretty much much paying your wages then you aint gonna have much of a career.

I can see where you're coming from, but it's fair to say a young lad is a bit different from a seasoned pro who's felt abuse before. It's not like coping with constant criticism is part of the criteria for being a good pro for christs sake. Everyone reacts differently to pressure, pain, abuse, criticism, etc.. Why should a player be able to cope with these because they're a footballer? Some are quiet, some out going...

I think we can all name many, many players who've been around the block and need to be treated with kid gloves, perhaps they need nurturing because as young pros they weren't given enough praise or too much abuse?

Sure it will make many stronger, but there are without doubt those who simply struggle to cope with it and are damaged as a result.

I digress, Pook is probably not the greatest example, but if he was praised every game he could have been a different player. Who knows? Also, cunt or not, it doesn't mean he's a shit footballer and warrants abuse, although admittedly if he's been a cunt...

I do have to wonder though. What came first though us abusing him, or him abusing us.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 21:59:33 »

I think Pook not being good enough came first.
flammableBen

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 22:00:12 »

Haha I was going to post that but got distracted.

Shit. Posting same thing as DV.

Must wash self.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #49 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 23:08:47 »

The fans getting on Pooks back wouldn't have helped his progress. In the end he just wasn't good enough at this level after being given plenty of opportunities to prove himself.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 06:55:06 »

I saw pook in the spot once, and he gave me a high five.

He's not a bad lad

Things get better but they never get good
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #51 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 07:44:44 »

Fred west gave hitchhikers a lift home and a roof well a patio over their heads does that make him nice
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 08:34:22 »

Fred west gave hitchhikers a lift home and a roof well a patio over their heads does that make him nice

Ace comparing Pook with Fred West! Love it!  Cheesy

If we are going to slate him on a personal level ... Pook was an idot - he bullied my friend and is a nasty vile square head!!!
lambourn red

« Reply #53 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 08:41:43 »

i really despair at some of our fans someitmes.i dunno why, but we have a pretty big moron contingent.
some people cant wait to knock players,and the youngsters are no different in getting slaughtered by cretins.
pook got loads of shit which was bangout of order.now mackiln seems to be getting a bit,and morrison too is getting wrote off already.

it's hard enough already to cut it as a pro,without cunts from your home crowd giving you pelters.

These are the same people who moan about Fitton for not spending 50 million in the transfer window, or moaning about DW becuase he obviously has been sitting with his feet up and not actively trying to sign strikers. Unfortunately once you are moaning deluded cunt you always will be they will never change in fact you can almost see some people who get a smug satisfaction out of picking on certain players and waiting for every mistake to shout abuse at them.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #54 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 08:46:02 »

There's a big difference between voicing an opinion outside of the crowd environment though. If you're not shouting direct abuse it's not the same thing.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 08:48:58 »

These are the same people who moan about Fitton for not spending 50 million in the transfer window, or moaning about DW becuase he obviously has been sitting with his feet up and not actively trying to sign strikers. Unfortunately once you are moaning deluded cunt you always will be they will never change in fact you can almost see some people who get a smug satisfaction out of picking on certain players and waiting for every mistake to shout abuse at them.

I think it's entirely possible to be a selective moaner...I'm not very happy that we haven't got any strikers in close season, so it's hardly a surprise we haven't scored and are in the drop zone already....however I wouldn't moan about not spending silly money, or slaughter individual players...although Booby Howe came close.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 08:49:06 »

The fans getting on Pooks back wouldn't have helped his progress. In the end he just wasn't good enough at this level after being given plenty of opportunities to prove himself.

Exactly.

IMO Macklin's shown more promise in his first couple of games than Pook did in his 100+ appearances.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 10:14:07 »

first game i saw [pook he scored a 25 yard screamer
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 12:42:03 »

The screamer being Fatbury I suppose ?

I'm prepared to give him a chance - but he needs to be a good player to wear those boots !

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 12:49:45 »

first game i saw [pook he scored a 25 yard screamer

Would that have been Alan Reeeeves last game v Wycombe in the LC, I remember thinking that we might be crap but at least this kid looks like he can shoot from range, a quality sadly lacking from our players for many years. I was wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: