Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macklin  (Read 7722 times)
Spencer_White

« on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 12:57:02 »

Just to say, please give this lad a chance.

It was different at the end of last season when were battling relegation and the fans were all up tight. But there is no excuse for having a real go at him at the moment.

Yes he wears flash boots, and yes he looks a bit cocky. But he's still just a young lad. If the fans keep slagging him off when he loses the ball then we wont see the best out of him.

Franchise cunts sat their full backs and wide midfielders very deep yesterday because our wingers destroyed them on tuesday. Macklin was fantastic, he ran miles for the side, got back and still went past defenders with the ball.

I think he is good enough. Really looking forward to having a board who wont sell a young player to the first bidder, and seeing him come on.

Obviously O'Brien needs a confidence boost as well, but he is that age where he can only look to himself. If he doesnt do it with us then he really is on the way down. But I think they are both exciting players. Try and get behind them! Would be nice if we could avoid players and fans falling out as badly as what happened last season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 12:59:59 »

...to me having watched him tuesday and yesterday he's nervous at home and looks like he expects the fans to get on his back if anything doesnt work for him.

playing away from home less pressure and better performance.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 13:08:45 »

He reminds me of Christian Roberts, especially in pre-season, where he would go past a defender with his pace, then lose it so easily by getting touched and falling to the ground.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 13:20:05 »

i agree spencer, he did nothing worse than o'brien and no one's come on her moaning about his getting behind the defence and then controlling it onto his own knee.

i think he'll come good if we don't pook him

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 13:36:09 »

I agree. Give the lad a chance. He was very frustrating yesterday but he's on a steep learning curve being chucked into the team like this. There's no use getting on his back as it won't help anybody.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 13:39:54 »

Were people really moaning directly at him, or did some of the things he tried that didn't come off cause a lot of frustration?  I believe he has a big future but still needs time.  Let us not forget he was playing youth football last season, he still has a lot to learn and will come good in the next couple of years.  A bit cocky - yes, but so was a certain Man Ure player who has just been sold for £80mill!  I just hope supporters don't get on to him as they did Pooky.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 13:45:00 »

Were people really moaning directly at him, or did some of the things he tried that didn't come off cause a lot of frustration?  I believe he has a big future but still needs time.  Let us not forget he was playing youth football last season, he still has a lot to learn and will come good in the next couple of years.  A bit cocky - yes, but so was a certain Man Ure player who has just been sold for £80mill!  I just hope supporters don't get on to him as they did Pooky.
"FUCK OFF MACKLIN" was shouted by several people in the Town End yesterday - the type who would complain at every pass that went slightly backwards, and at every player who loses the ball when being given no options. Unfortunately, these people help to keep our club afloat.
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 13:46:06 »

Why all the comparisons to Pook?

This lad is twice as good as Pook. Andy Caton would be a better comparison.
JPC82

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 13:46:56 »

Andy Caton hasnt been watched by Frank Arnesen for 2 years!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 13:49:52 »

Andy Caton hasnt been watched by Frank Arnesen for 2 years!

I'm glad for Macklin's sake that he hasn't yet been tempted into joining the graveyard which is Chelsea's youth academy.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 13:51:30 »

caton wasn't hated by the fans was he? regardless of a decent game or not pook was. player type i'd say caton was similar

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 13:59:28 »

"FUCK OFF MACKLIN" was shouted by several people in the Town End yesterday - the type who would complain at every pass that went slightly backwards, and at every player who loses the ball when being given no options. Unfortunately, these people help to keep our club afloat.
I hope you told them to shut up, like those who tried a chant when Ginger head was injured!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 14:30:32 »

It must be a minority in the Townend, didn't hear anything aimed at Macklin directly in the DRS.

It's All Good..............
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 14:50:09 »

I went to the Swansea v Mboro yesterday..they had a player called Leon Britton playing who was getting an award for playing 300 games and got a standing ovation ...30 mins later plenty were giving him the same kind of verbals that Macklin will get...a good pro just gets on with it,i like him and hope he does well...if you got any spare dosh put it on Middlesbrough,they were brilliant though only 700 boro fans were there which is dissapointing...as for Swansea,they may struggle..good to watch but no striker.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 17:16:57 »

It must be a minority in the Townend, didn't hear anything aimed at Macklin directly in the DRS.

The only abuse I heard was Fred toward Puncheon, in fact the whole of the DRS probsbly heard that!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: