Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macklin  (Read 7724 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 17:21:24 »

Andy Caton hasnt been watched by Frank Arnesen for 2 years!

Who cares? They hoover up all sorts of tat as well as the good players.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 17:22:30 »

i saw him stood up doing wanker signs at him when he came to get the ball at the touchline, i sit at the back at the other end of the drs.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 17:28:56 »

I sit at the back of the DRS too. What letter block are you in (SWINDON)?
chrome dome

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 17:49:31 »

There are some seriously sad wankers who follow STFC! We have a young player who has only just turned 18, was the star of the youth team last year and is starting his first season as a full time adult pro. He's had big clubs looking at him for the last 2 years and is still attracting a lot of attention, but certain people seem intent on making sure his confidence is ruined before he's even a month into the new season. If you want STFC to get anywhere this season stop knocking our most talented players and give Macklin and the other youngsters some support. If you can't support the team properly fuck off to Oxford, Cheltenham or some other shit hole club whre you probably belong!!!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 18:00:47 »

There are some seriously sad wankers who follow STFC! We have a young player who has only just turned 18, was the star of the youth team last year and is starting his first season as a full time adult pro. He's had big clubs looking at him for the last 2 years and is still attracting a lot of attention, but certain people seem intent on making sure his confidence is ruined before he's even a month into the new season. If you want STFC to get anywhere this season stop knocking our most talented players and give Macklin and the other youngsters some support. If you can't support the team properly fuck off to Oxford, Cheltenham or some other shit hole club whre you probably belong!!!!

To a rational individual, slagging off your home grown youth players when they're only minutes let alone games into their 1st team careers makes no sense. Unfortunately not all who attend are rational individuals....the foaming mouthed loon has always been part of the picture, sometimes they're almost sane away from the game.

The only way to silence the boo boys is through performance....Macklin isn't the first to get it and wont be the last.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 18:05:05 »

Can you believe that some Town fans used to knock Don Rogers..he couldnt head a ball and was lazy by all acounts.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 18:14:53 »

Can you believe that some Town fans used to knock Don Rogers..he couldnt head a ball and was lazy by all acounts.

Tis true....he didn't tackle much or kick people, qualities widely admired by those brought up on Sammy Burton and Garth Hudson.
dell boy

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 18:16:39 »

Jury is out concerning Macklin as far as I'm concerned, would not slag off any town player ever and cannot condone those wankers who have, but is he the real deal. Needs to show a lot more to me. I Know he has had only a couple of games, but if you are not confident when you are young, then you never will be, Should be walking 7ft tall to be selected.

Go for it son, you have the chance to make a name. Lets not linger on the age thing, if you are good enough show it, you should be old enough as soon as you selected to wear the shirt.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 18:54:40 »

The senior team is a big step up. It's why Morrison is good some games and not so good in others because understandably such a young player has not matured enough to be that consistent. There is a learning curve and experience to gain with every game played.

I didn't think Macklin was that bad, he wasn't effective but he was at least trying to put his mark on the game rather than watch it go by just to be a part of it. He took a few risks by trying to take players on but at least they weren't out of our own penalty area.

The more time he gets on the pitch the better I think he'll get.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 19:28:55 »

i saw him stood up doing wanker signs at him when he came to get the ball at the touchline, i sit at the back at the other end of the drs.

he was cheating

cant abide that
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 19:37:15 »

Once he gets that first goal you will see him really kick on in my opinion. He works hard enough which is a good start.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 19:39:15 »

Great post Spence

However I did say to both Luc and Hertha that his first touch was off yesterday.

Having said that I did not witness anybody getting on his back
Barry Scott

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 19:55:20 »

I hate to say anything negative, but as it's about our fans and not Macklin I think it's allowed. Macklin will be destroyed by our fans, it's what "we" do. It makes me angry and sick, because he's only young and it's what happened to Pook imo. It just ruins their potential.

No doubt the fans involved in giving no time to young players, then feel happy when years later they can say, "see he's always been shit," when fans should be aware it's them, not him. Cunts.

glos_robin

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 19:58:28 »

I hate to say anything negative, but as it's about our fans and not Macklin I think it's allowed. Macklin will be destroyed by our fans, it's what "we" do. It makes me angry and sick, because he's only young and it's what happened to Pook imo. It just ruins their potential.

No doubt the fans involved in giving no time to young players, then feel happy when years later they can say, "see he's always been shit," when fans should be aware it's them, not him. Cunts.

Disagree, if they are good enough they'll make it fans or no fans. If you can't cope with abit of abuse form the people who are pretty much much paying your wages then you aint gonna have much of a career.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, August 16, 2009, 20:03:23 »

i really despair at some of our fans someitmes.i dunno why, but we have a pretty big moron contingent.
some people cant wait to knock players,and the youngsters are no different in getting slaughtered by cretins.
pook got loads of shit which was bangout of order.now mackiln seems to be getting a bit,and morrison too is getting wrote off already.

it's hard enough already to cut it as a pro,without cunts from your home crowd giving you pelters.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: