Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: not quite sure what i'm talking about but fancied a mumble  (Read 6248 times)
Whits
Morphined Up

« on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 20:05:24 »

Why i like being a lower league fan  Cool

1.One season your great one season your crap, your really never sure what your going to get, whether it be that great 4-3 victory at Wembley to getting stuffed week in week out in the premiership, getting 2 straight relegations only to be go up as champions the next season. Over the past few seasons we’ve had the chance of going up via the play offs and almost got sent down to league 2 obscurity if it hadn’t been for Danny. To be honest can any Premiership fan go through what we go through year after year, somehow I don’t think they can quite understand (largely due to large financial backing)

2.You never know how much longer you have left, I’m being horribly honest but I can’t see Swindon lasting much after next season. With the CVA Payment coming up fairly soon and no obvious way out without some rich billionaire leaving us in his will (yes the ground maybe improved but it’s a long way away). We’ve regularly struggled to pay players if a game gets postponed. Enjoy it while it lasts boys and girls.

3. The end of season contract fun. I think everyone knows how bad the position is for wages this season and in a mad kind of way I’m looking forward to next season. The main reason why is because we’ve seen a Jekyll and Hyde team all season so I’m glad to get rid of some of the big money players who have failed to deliver constantly this season. Hopefully some fresh faces and a bit of Parkin like passion, you never know, if we become well organised next season we could do a Luton. Plenty of clubs have been in this situation and have come out with greater team spirit. Hopefully we can get a couple of old heads to pull through some of the youngsters.

Well I shall finish my little mumble with a saying “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” lets hope it’s the same from the CVA payment  :x

Oh yeah I’m just about to send off my season ticket application. I’m going to be a positive town fan this summer. before you ask, yes i have been drinking

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 20:08:12 »

Soapy Tit Wank
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 20:11:09 »

top post, well done whits  Cheesy
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 20:16:29 »

The days of ups and downs are gone, were now a mid table 2nd division club doomed forever to live in this league.

Not really!
Hurrah for Whits lets have a party Cool

/
W56196272
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 20:18:35 »

Quote from: "Whits"

no obvious way out without some rich billionaire leaving us in his will

Im working in the rich billionaire thingy!!! Cheesy

one day...one day
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 20:29:53 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Hurrah for Whits lets have a party Cool

i'll bring the :guinness: you bring the ghosts  Cool

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 20:38:27 »

I do like supporting a shit team.

You hear people say "I'm a massive man u/arsenal chelsea fan etc" at work or up the pub, you get to reply "really? I'm a season ticket holder at Swindon, been going for years, always will"  they soon realise they're out of their depth.

I fucking loves it i does.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 20:39:24 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
I do like supporting a shit team.

You hear people say "I'm a massive man u/arsenal chelsea fan etc" at work or up the pub, you get to reply "really? I'm a season ticket holder at Swindon, been going for years, always will"  they soon realise they're out of their depth.

I fucking loves it i does.

/
W56196272
Piemonte

« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 20:41:13 »

Hard mother fucking core  Cool
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 20:43:16 »

i think the great fun you have with the "I'm a massive man u/arsenal chelsea fan etc" fans is as soon as you say i go to most/all the games, when was the last game you saw? most will say errrr and not really have an answer.

I've got some respect for fans of the big clubs, my mates been a chelsea fan since he could talk, his old man was in the headhunters and this bloke has missed about 4 games all season home and away (inc europe!). respect  Cool  the others are a bunch of tits

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 20:45:46 »

i think that mumble was my 2000th post,about time i said something thoughtful  Oops

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Melksham Red

« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 21:04:31 »

I tell you what I am proud as fuck to be a true supporter. I find I get a bit of respect for it aswell.

I have no problem with the real fans of the big teams, it's just the armchair cunts who have been nowhere near Old Trafford, Highbury or Stamford Bridge. But they claim to be massive fans because they've been "supporting" them since they were fucking 5 years old. Pathetic. Or they have a matchday program or something like that. Twats all of them. It makes my fucking blood boil.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 21:14:38 »

I was teaching some kids last week, and they all kept on asking which team i supported every time i answered Swindon and everytime the kid's said 'why?' !!! i told them that was where i was born and had no intrest in being an arm chair glory supporter, unlike some idiots that say they support a team and have never been to see them play.

they all went quiet stood there in their man u and arsenal shirts!!!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 21:18:57 »

i hope you made them do extra laps to  Cheesy

heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 21:22:16 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
I tell you what I am proud as fuck to be a true supporter. I find I get a bit of respect for it aswell.

I have no problem with the real fans of the big teams, it's just the armchair cunts who have been nowhere near Old Trafford, Highbury or Stamford Bridge. But they claim to be massive fans because they've been "supporting" them since they were fucking 5 years old. Pathetic. Or they have a matchday program or something like that. Twats all of them. It makes my fucking blood boil.

Word.

I'd rather be a fan of Accrington Stanley than some Premiership big shots anyday, just so happens I'm a Swindon fan thanks to my old man. I'll always be fucking glad of that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: