Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: not quite sure what i'm talking about but fancied a mumble  (Read 6237 times)
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:18:29 »

Best one for me was Town v Chester, we won 4-2 and got promoted from div 4 closely followed by the away match at Mansfield (1-1) where we became div 4 champs, oh and i gotta mention Town v Leicester 4-3 (i was so pissed i missed Bodin's penalty Beers ).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 16:19:21 »

The best thing about not being a glory supporting armchair fan is....

...we dont get much success and arent used to it, therefore when it does come along its that much more sweeter Cool

The glory fans arent used to losing, so when they do
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, May 26, 2005, 16:31:33 »

Well personally I think the best Town game I have been to was Bournemouth at home this season! :x

Seriuosly, that has to be one of the worst performances ever on record!!!!

I would hate to be a Man U fan. I have respect for REAL fans of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, but NEVER for any Man U fan. There is no excuse. Support Man City if you're from Manchester, and if you're not support a REAL TEAM!!!

People mock me for supporting Town. I ask them how many Man U wins they have been to, and compare it to the amount of games I have seen Swindon win!

I spend a fucking hell of a lot of money on watching/supporting Swindon too. About £300 (including season ticket) this year, which was a lot for a 15 year old!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, May 26, 2005, 16:35:15 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Well personally I think the best Town game I have been to was Bournemouth at home this season! :x

Seriuosly, that has to be one of the worst performances ever on record!!!!

I would hate to be a Man U fan. I have respect for REAL fans of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, but NEVER for any Man U fan. There is no excuse. Support Supermarine if you're from Swindon, and if you're not support a REAL TEAM!!!

People mock me for supporting Town. I ask them how many Man U wins they have been to, and compare it to the amount of games I have seen Swindon win!

I spend a fucking hell of a lot of money on watching/supporting Swindon too. About £300 (including season ticket) this year, which was a lot for a 15 year old!

Wink
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #34 on: Saturday, May 28, 2005, 08:17:14 »

last night in the pub i overheard a conversation between a few people about the glazier thing.

bloke - " its disgraceful, they are all claiming to be life long Man Ure"

Whits sneaks in - " what just like most man ure fans?"

bloke - shut up i've been to 4 games this season  

i laughed and walked away

amazing as to what most people class as loyalty

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, May 28, 2005, 08:45:17 »

that's almost as depressing as it is funny!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, May 28, 2005, 08:56:35 »

birmingham 4-swindon 6, one of the best days of my life, i was at the time living in moseley brum and had been for 5 years, all and i mean all of my mates were blues season ticket holders, so to walk out of that ground {admitedly ducking the bricks} with my head held high was a top feeling.

the hardest part was catching the 50 bus back to moseley which was packed full of blue noses and trying not to smile
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 10:51:24 »

Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 22:23:31 »

1.One season your great one season your crap, your really never sure what your going to get, whether it be that great 4-3 victory at Wembley to getting stuffed week in week out in the premiership, getting 2 straight relegations only to be go up as champions the next season. Over the past few seasons we’ve had the chance of going up via the play offs and almost got sent down to league 2 obscurity if it hadn’t been for Danny. To be honest can any Premiership fan go through what we go through year after year, somehow I don’t think they can quite understand (largely due to large financial backing)

:disapprove:

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 22:28:19 »

in conclusion, it's all your fault we're crap this season Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 11:08:32 »

Im tempted to blame Whits, but he is much bigger than me, So i'll stick to blaming King
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 11:25:07 »

I agree with all points made.I would'nt really like to support a premiership  team,Personally I find the football in the premiership slooooow and boring.Unlike the football played in this league,its fast and theres so much to play for(something the swindon players should be told) and theres always something happening in lower league matches.example-mad fans climbing on the stands,streakers,away fans getting wet in the end with no roof Soapy Tit Wank love it.Its proper football.
Most of us have experienced the highs and lows without a doubt!this is swindon after all.

RED ARMY
Asher

« Reply #42 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 11:48:23 »

I have a mate caleld jim who lives in North London, his family are massive arsenal fans.  Normally I find these fans never go to matches.  Jim has had a season ticket for 18 years and blew his life savings on watching arsenal everywhere in europe.  He has gooners blood.  I respect him.

I have another mate (I know shock I have 2 mates) who is a spurs MASSIVE FAN.  I emailed him the other week and said I have 2 tickets for spurs vs villa at villa, he replied saying he couldnt be bothered.  He claims to be a massive spurs fan yet I dont think he has ever gone.  I have never had respect for that.

Was in Portugal 2 years ago for euro 2004 - loads of top lads out there and I got huge respect for the following:-

Random : Who do you follow
Ash: Swindon Town (still had my cockney voice back then so sounded even better)
Random: Yeah but which premiership team dod you follow
Ash: Footys about your team not teh league they are in
Random: Fair play, nuff respect

I am proud to be swindon and will be to the day I die.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 11:51:29 »

You should have punched him .

/
W56196272
Asher

« Reply #44 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 12:46:09 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
You should have punched him .

He was double my size (I know im only 3 ft before you start)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: