Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: not quite sure what i'm talking about but fancied a mumble  (Read 6247 times)
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 21:23:13 »

I love the fact that everyone who comes into my bookies knows I’m a Swindon fan and they make the effort to know what's going on at our club, they look out for our results, talk about past players and potential future ones.
I was thinking the other day what it must be like to be a Celtic or Rangers fan.. the only real uncertainty in the season coming from old firm matches and occasional forays into Europe.
What other groups of supporters could look upon our premiership ‘records’ with pride knowing that we gained respect for attempting to take on the best in the premiership with attractive football.
I don’t think anything could come close (in a footballing sense) to the feelings experienced during Danny’s goal against Peterborough, Adam Virgo's diving header & Bodin’s penalty at Wembley .. the list goes on..

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Piemonte

« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 21:25:41 »

virgo's header

*starts to cry*
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 21:30:31 »

does anyone have a copy or know where to get the playoff final when we went to the premiership, that was an amazing day out  Cool

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 21:31:27 »

I've got it on tape, you can get it from the club. It's called WEMBLEY WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 21:32:36 »

I've got a copy wembley wizards, except it's at home. Best football game there has ever been.

Ebay might be worth a try but don't think anyone's selling it at the moment if the club don't still sell it?
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 21:34:02 »

i remember feeling so \o/ @ 3-0 and then feeling so /o\ @ 3-3 and then getting picked up and put on some random blokes shoulders when we scored! \o/ great day

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 21:36:17 »

Quote from: "BrightonRed"
I love the fact that everyone who comes into my bookies knows I’m a Swindon fan and they make the effort to know what's going on at our club, they look out for our results, talk about past players and potential future ones.
I was thinking the other day what it must be like to be a Celtic or Rangers fan.. the only real uncertainty in the season coming from old firm matches and occasional forays into Europe.
What other groups of supporters could look upon our premiership ‘records’ with pride knowing that we gained respect for attempting to take on the best in the premiership with attractive football.
I don’t think anything could come close (in a footballing sense) to the feelings experienced during Danny’s goal against Peterborough, Adam Virgo's diving header & Bodin’s penalty at Wembley .. the list goes on..

I work with loads of Rangers and Celtic fans and think I would hate to support a big club. You just turn up week in week out and expect to win. That's not what supporting a team is about. You need to experience highs and lows, ok Celtic fans must have been pig sick on sunday but they are NEVER going to experience utter heartbreak of relegation or a play-off defeat. Thats why I adopted Hearts as my second team, you don't know what to expect, qualifying for Europe or struggling against relegation the next.

I still miss the buzz I get from going to see Swindon play and the anticipation before a game. I know they are going to let you down but they are always there week in week out putting us through the ringer! Fingers crossed we can secure a future, I would hate to see any club going out of business. Football fans are the most passionate people around. I went to rugby on sunday and what a crock of unpassionate gimps!

STID!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 21:38:33 »

Quote from: "Whits"
i remember feeling so \o/ @ 3-0 and then feeling so /o\ @ 3-3 and then getting picked up and put on some random blokes shoulders when we scored! \o/ great day

I was at school that day as it wasn't a bank holiday up here. Had to run home and listen to Radio 5. I nearly cried when I heard we had thrown away a 3 goal lead!! I cried when we lost to Brighton as well. I'm a bit of a girl really!! Oops

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 22:04:52 »

Wow its a big positive love fest in this thread!

Lets get naked and dance around a fire :run:

/
W56196272
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, May 23, 2005, 22:05:09 »

As I'm sure you're aware you can get a quick fix of the play-off goals / celebrations here:
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/ForceFrames.htm?http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Achievements/1993DivOnePlayOffWinners.asp

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 09:56:46 »

The Leicester game wasn't the best, Birmingham 4 Swindon 6 was the best, and I think it was that match which gave the lads the belief that we were good enough to go up.  Leicester match comes a close second though.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 10:02:14 »

I think the opening 3 minutes of the home leg v Tranmere take some beating personally. One up with a Vickers og, two up from Mitch and then it should have been 2-1 when the moaniest scouciest gittyest git of all time John Aldridge had a goal disallowed for no reason whatsoever.  Marvellous. Cool

The second leg up there had its moments as well!
DMR

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 10:20:52 »

The cheer-up thread  Cheesy
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 10:55:17 »

Quote from: "janaage"
The Leicester game wasn't the best, Birmingham 4 Swindon 6 was the best, and I think it was that match which gave the lads the belief that we were good enough to go up.  Leicester match comes a close second though.

That had ta be the game off the season for me, and one of the few away games I made it too. Despite being well down at one point (4-1 if I am correct). There was still an odd sense within the crowd that we would come away with a win, then the boys turned it on and what happened next was simply amazing resulting in one of my bet days out ever.

Awesome!!  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:09:42 »

Birmingham was one of the few away games I missed that season, I was coming back from London and tried to find out the result on radio 5 but strangely they didn't mention the score once, think they briefly mentioned something about it being a great game but ended up having to call club call at £2 a minute or something when i got home to find out the score.

Only for it to say Birmingham City 4 Swindon Town 6. :jaw1: :jaw2: Then found out we'd came back from 4-1 down :jaw1: :jaw2:

I have a video of both games and it's hard to say which is the best but I prefer the leicester game 'cos it was so important and I was there.

The tranmere game was great too, best start to a game I can remember.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: