Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC vs Hereford United FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25482 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 10:27:44 »

imagine how hereford feel!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 10:28:21 »

And Hereford aren't bottom either...
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 10:36:37 »

I sent them an email Cheesy  How sad am I but I dont think its a lot to ask to accurately report the scoreline of a fixture in the football league or any fixture for that matter!
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 11:27:01 »

Just seen the goals on the Championship.

Camara angle wasnt great, but him and two others looked offside!!!

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 11:30:07 »

From the tv angle I thought only Cox was offside, the other two were being played on by a couple of defenders.  Maybe the lino though HRK got the touch and that's why he didn't flag?  I would have been annoyed if it had been given against us.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 11:32:50 »

Offside or not, it was a quality finish though.....thats the type of goal I score.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
glos_robin

« Reply #231 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 11:44:38 »

Good win and hopefully we can continue to build on the progress. If we stay up I hope we can keep Cox some how as if Wilson can create a half decent team around him we'll be laughing. Hereford were abysmal and I think that thats them gone so it's 2 from about 8 to go down now, hopefully Yeovil's lack of proper manager will count against them in the end and another will go into freefall.

Out of interests we've got Marshall contracted for another season haven't we? He's looking more and more useful everytime he comes on so when Kanu goes back to Reading I'm starting to think we have a ready made replacement. Doesn't seem scared to make a challenge or do some defending either which is a bonus plus he does look like a mini Mr T. With the Kanu/McNamee partnership working so well at least we know now that playing 2 attacking wingers can and does work.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 11:48:06 »

Think the second goal helped us a lot, meant there were no more nerves we could just get on with the game.

As for Smith, I agree that the fans shouldn't be barracking him as he's no worse than Brez has been this season, in fact last two games his "goalkeeping" has been good.  Having said that his distribution was shocking yesterday, G-g-g-granville should be working on this in training.  Nice to see DW have a word with him after a couple of shocking clearances, telling him to mix it up a bit, go short, think it helped him.
Spencer_White

« Reply #233 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 12:02:30 »

I know him!  Sounds like a bumpkin, but he is a good bloke!

Not much to say about today that hasn't been said already except I thought Timlin was MOTM the match!  Quality in the middle, digging in some decent tackles and spraying the ball around.

And...  some of the fans in the DRS seriously wind me up!  On Smiths back from the off!  Yes he had some shakey moments, but even keepers in the prem have shakey moments.  Blimey!  0-0 in a game we need to win and they start having a go at Smith, really sensible!  FUCKING TWATS!  Then thay start going off on one when we ar 2 nil up because we are playing it around at the back and not pushing forward!  WE ARE 2 NIL UP AND KILLING THE GAME FFS!  Some of our fans are fucking clueless idiots and I for one am glad that the season ticket deal is not as good as last year because at least it will get rid of these plastic twats that obviously know fuck all about lower league football!

*rant over*

I thank you!

3 points, clean sheet, happy days!  Grin

We might have got 7,000 for Hereford, but the quality of out support at the moment is very poor. Fair play to the Town End, they have been getting behind the team, its the south stand Im going to have a moan about.

We got a corner in the first half at 0-0 and I dont think there was more than 10 fans in the south stand who actually shouted come on, just a smattering of applause. From down the stratton bank end I could easily hear the Town End. Absolutely shocking support. Im not even talking about chanting. Weve got 2 North stands now. The south stand has slipped into being a spectator gallery. Seems to me that our loyal fans have been diluted already, with just 2,000 new fans.

I think fans, players and board need to have a long look at themselves in the summer. The Official site has the slogan 'renew the passion' for the season tickets, and I would have to ask what passion is that?

Well done team, put them away quite easily. Big game, and we booked them a trip to Accrington next season. Agree with Glos that I think we can stick the knife into Yeovil next weekend. Then maybe its only 1 place left for 5 or 6 teams. Northampton tuesday looks really tough though.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 12:06:45 »

Funniest bit in the first half (I'm saying that because the Lino in the second half for the second goal was funnier) was 2 people behind me moaning about us taking a short corner and then Macca whips in a beauty for Cox to open the scoring. They soon shut up.

You don't sit near me do you, 'cause two old codgers behind me said exactly the same thing.

Only difference was that they didn't shut up then, kept moaning about every little thing throughout.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 12:11:22 »

spencer is spot on (as usual) with his assessment of the support.

as for cox's offside goal, my old man was sat dead in line with it and said it was clearly offside. you only have to look at cox's finish to see that he thought he was offside as well...

Barry Scott

« Reply #236 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 12:25:23 »

Anyone who had Cox at 40-1 e/w to be top scorer is very excited now I'd warrant.

I didn't get him at that, but had him at about 25/1 i think. I've got Lambert at 54/1, which looks pretty nice as well.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #237 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 12:30:25 »

You don't sit near me do you, 'cause two old codgers behind me said exactly the same thing.

Only difference was that they didn't shut up then, kept moaning about every little thing throughout.

Centre of town end, above the exit?
flammableBen

« Reply #238 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 12:31:36 »

I sat there in about 1996/97 I think.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 12:57:39 »

We might have got 7,000 for Hereford, but the quality of out support at the moment is very poor. Fair play to the Town End, they have been getting behind the team, its the south stand Im going to have a moan about.

We got a corner in the first half at 0-0 and I dont think there was more than 10 fans in the south stand who actually shouted come on, just a smattering of applause. From down the stratton bank end I could easily hear the Town End. Absolutely shocking support. Im not even talking about chanting. Weve got 2 North stands now. The south stand has slipped into being a spectator gallery. Seems to me that our loyal fans have been diluted already, with just 2,000 new fans.

I think fans, players and board need to have a long look at themselves in the summer. The Official site has the slogan 'renew the passion' for the season tickets, and I would have to ask what passion is that?

Well done team, put them away quite easily. Big game, and we booked them a trip to Accrington next season. Agree with Glos that I think we can stick the knife into Yeovil next weekend. Then maybe its only 1 place left for 5 or 6 teams. Northampton tuesday looks really tough though.

I agree with you spence, but I am not a chanter, is that wrong?  I shout encouragment and clap along etc. but don't join in with the organised singing because I like to concentrate and study the game if you like.  It tends to be different away from home, but at home I would rather watch the game and enjoy it that way.  If I intended to join in with the singing I would probably sit in the Townend.

Are we saying that it should be prerequisite that you should join in with the chanting if you are to be proper fan?  Not having a dig, just interested in what everyone thinks that is all.

Just wanted to re-iterate too that Timlin was ace IMO yesterday, and even though he is capable of being pants, I don't think his workrate and quality is noticed as much when he does have a good game.  Critics would be wetting their pants over a display like that yesterday if it was Carrick or Scholes or someone of that level.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: