Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC vs Hereford United FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25611 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 21:46:49 »

That was around this time of the year too if I recall correctly.

I seem to recall the Luton game being around Easter time as I was at the ex in laws in Hertfordshire...so went from there.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 21:47:53 »

I seem to recall the Luton game being around Easter time as I was at the ex in laws in Hertfordshire...so went from there.

A couple of weeks out - close enough Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 21:50:13 »

Reg, it's nearly 10pm on a Saturday.  Thought you'd be out a-wenching in Old Town.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 21:52:13 »

Reg, it's nearly 10pm on a Saturday.  Thought you'd be out a-wenching in Old Town.

I'll go out later...the night is yet young Smiley
flammableBen

« Reply #199 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 22:00:43 »

Is suju still open until 6am or whenever? Can imagine reg strutting his stuff about, showing up the local youth's lack of stamina with his epic staying power.

Used to be a nice highlight if Reg popped in back when I used to spend most of my weeks wages in the vic, drinking as much Guinness as possible in a short amount of time after weekend evening shifts. I bet it's not as cool in there now I'm not in every fri/sat night.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 22:11:57 »

Cox hat-trick today.

He's been talking about getting a 3rd-in-a-season for a few weeks now, I have a sneaking feeling that it will happen on this beautiful spring day Smiley

Oooooooooo.

One out.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 22:15:51 »

Is suju still open until 6am or whenever? Can imagine reg strutting his stuff about, showing up the local youth's lack of stamina with his epic staying power.

Used to be a nice highlight if Reg popped in back when I used to spend most of my weeks wages in the vic, drinking as much Guinness as possible in a short amount of time after weekend evening shifts. I bet it's not as cool in there now I'm not in every fri/sat night.

I went to Suju a couple of weeks back...cunts wouldn't let me in...bouncer reckoned the bird I was with was too pissed. I made a token effort to persuade him to change his mind, but could sense a thumping coming on so gave up and went down the Pink Rooms.

I'm not really much good at the techno/dance stuff....OK I can wave my arms about with the best, but you need the elasticity of youth, to do it justice...and I sure ent got that.

You'd be right about the last bit though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 22:18:29 »

thats what 34 in all comps for him and Paynter now?

Now quite Parkin and Mooney with 43.

Cox to break 30? first player since Duncan Shearer in 92? 3 more to beat Parkins best season?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 22:20:32 »

Cox is way better than Parkin ever was.

I called this a long time ago to be fair to me and my judgement of both player ability and potential.

Goal every other game too, which even the best strikers don't sniff at.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 22:26:17 »

thats what 34 in all comps for him and Paynter now?

Now quite Parkin and Mooney with 43.

Cox to break 30? first player since Duncan Shearer in 92? 3 more to beat Parkins best season?

Don't worry too much about goals scored in cup games...it's the league that counts and I think Cox has 21.  The post war record is 26 shared by Bill Stephens Bob Edwards and Peter Eastoe..6 in 8 is going some, but it would be a major achievemnet.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 22:27:44 »

He's been banging on about another hat-trick for a while now Reg, and I'd warrant that he is due one soon too.

Come on Coxy.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 23:32:17 »

Don't worry too much about goals scored in cup games...it's the league that counts and I think Cox has 21.
My mate who did manage to snaffle some of that 50-1 each way reckons 23 and believe me he's counting closely - reckons he's got a grand riding on it if Coxy does manage top scorer
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 23:44:33 »

My mate who did manage to snaffle some of that 50-1 each way reckons 23 and believe me he's counting closely - reckons he's got a grand riding on it if Coxy does manage top scorer

He's not a very good counter then.

21 League Goals
Tranmere, Colchester, MK, Leeds, Hartlepool, Hartlepool, Hartlepool, Northampton, Scunthorpe, Scunthorpe, Scunthorpe, Leicester, Peterborough, Huddersfield, Walsall, Leicester, Colchester, Southend, Southend, Hereford, Hereford

1 League Cup Goal
QPR

2 Piss Poor Paint Pot Goals
Aldershot, Hereford

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 23:52:37 »

indeed, i recall it being on the same day that lara notched the 400th run of that epic innings which was the 12th april.

i also recall both the luton and wycombe games quite clearly, fond memories
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 23:56:05 »

was that the Luton game with the dead rat in the away end?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: