Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A nice quiet Sunday  (Read 10182 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 13:18:50 »

I had no idea they were here. Who are the support act GK Nash? Really getting into Beach House, who supported them last time round.

I was talking to someone on here before now who had somehow dragged The Black Keys along to a Town game, wearing club scarves and everything, and even got a picture. Reckon you can match that?

They've got The Clientele tonight, The Acorn tomorrow and Vetiver on Tuesday.  Dont know anything about any of them!

I know Ben who took the photo.  He's a tour manager and town fan I occasionally bump into (last time was at the hundred club with the duke spirit).  He was telling me the story of getting the black keys down to a match.  Apparently they were very confused in the pub fans talking to them in broad wilts accent about footy.  I think we can claim them as fans though!

Never knowingly overstated.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 13:21:37 »

I fucking love fleet foxes.

White winter hymnal is amazing.

I was wondering how they manage all the layering in their production when they play live, must be an interesting one.

They are amazing live, and its pretty organic.  No tricks in terms of production, just voices that are spot on and a lot of practice Id guess.  Im really looking forward to the shows as its the first time Ive done a gig in the main room here and it does look an amazing placethat will really suit the band.

Sussex

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 13:28:27 »

Is it just these three days they're doing? A complete no go for me, got Roma press conference tomorrow night, Roma at home Tuesday and reserves at Fulham on Wednesday.

Not to mention Women's League Cup Final in Scunthorpe on Thursday. nice.

Quids in on expenses then!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 13:36:25 »

Quids in on expenses then!

Beats my 35p a mile chip to london and back 3 times! 

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 13:55:46 »

I got up at 11.45, ate some toast, walked to Asda for a few groceries and now I'm going to play FM all afternoon whilst the wife cooks a roast. Oh, and then Lost and Ross Kemp later before bed. Smiley
DMR

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 14:19:03 »

I just got up, about to embark on 3 hours of cricket training although I'm hanging out of my arse.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 14:23:06 »

went looking at pond stuff,but am still unsure what i'm going to do.popped into morrisons after and bought todays dinner ingredients.walked the dog. will probably wash and vac the car later.lost and ross kemp same as sam later.
flammableBen

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 14:26:10 »

I don't think I ate much yesterday and feel like I've just wanked the last nutrients out of my body. Hopefully minieggs and lemonade can fix this.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 14:35:32 »

Mate's 40th last night - got home about an hour ago and tbh I've felt better. Planned on spending the rest of the day doing as little as possible, and what little I do do, doing it slowly while the hangover wears off but the missus has just decided we need to get the kids new shoes. I may expire in Brantanos, if I'm not on here later will someone check behind the kids shoes section there tomorrow morning and retrieve my corpse. Ta
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 14:36:10 »

This went a bit wrong, I fucking love greyhounds and their different characters, but I seem to have agreed to do voluntary work at Brighton Greyhound Trust starting at 8am tomorrow.

Out of the 32, there was at least six I'd have taken home if we had a big enough house!

It'll keep me occupied during the day I suppose...

Sounds like great stuff - fresh air, exercise and even more affection that you get at home. Enjoy it.

(and I'm not 50, either)

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
nevillew

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 14:39:21 »

Mate's 40th last night - got home about an hour ago and tbh I've felt better. Planned on spending the rest of the day doing as little as possible, and what little I do do, doing it slowly while the hangover wears off but the missus has just decided we need to get the kids new shoes. I may expire in Brantanos, if I'm not on here later will someone check behind the kids shoes section there tomorrow morning and retrieve my corpse. Ta

Will do pauld.  Just remember when you see a sign for 'Sandals', it's not an all inclusive resort. (not at Greenbridge, anyway)

Sussex

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 14:47:13 »

(and I'm not 50, either)

53?
nevillew

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 14:48:21 »

Trap 4, edging wider

Sussex

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 14:50:22 »

57? Funny you should mention traps, we're off to watch the greyhounds Thursday.

Edit: my spelling's rubbish today.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 14:58:35 by Sussex » Logged
Rich Pullen

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 14:54:49 »

Sat watching Fulham vs. WBA at the moment - Zamora scores and Fulham have dominated throughout... It was getting frustrating for Fulham so you'd think the goal would be welcomed by joyous celebrations. No, those in near Zamora gave him an awkward-like round of applause instead! How quaint.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: