Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Squad evaluation post on thisis  (Read 7038 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 19:41:27 »

Peacock makes Hewlett look like Kaka.

Come on Dave, even you can't seriously believe that?  Peacock is well past his best but it's just plain rude to say Hewlett was better than the Cock.  

If we had Hewlett in this team we'd be bottom without question.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 19:42:54 »

If the players are as shit as we think, then we need to back them even more so they play to the top of their game.

Sadly the fans that are prepared to do this are too spread out to have a positive impact.
DMR

« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 19:52:28 »

Come on Dave, even you can't seriously believe that?  Peacock is well past his best but it's just plain rude to say Hewlett was better than the Cock.  

If we had Hewlett in this team we'd be bottom without question.

I always had a begrudging liking for Hewlett, whereas I've always considered Peacock to be a useless Shit-head cast off wanker.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 19, 2009, 19:55:12 by DMR » Logged
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 19:54:15 »

But he had a nice coat Dave.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 20:05:21 »

I always had a begrudging liking for Hewlett, whereas I've always considered Peacock to be a useless Shit-head cast off wanker.

But Hewlett was also a Shit-head cast off wanker. The difference being that Peacock used to be half decent, even if he's gone downhill this year.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 20:32:52 »

But he had a nice coat Dave.

You could be on to something here jan ... has anybody seen THE coat lately? Did it go missing just after Tranmere at home? Bring back the coat and we'll be saved, and then Lloyd-Webber can make a musical about our amazing escape from the drop ... or something.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 22:31:23 »

Sadly the fans that are prepared to do this are too spread out to have a positive impact.

I agree. However, I've heard too many excuses as to why others won't. Everyone's moved away from the Town End. The team is too poor (yes it is but it hasn't stopped the atmosphere before). Malpas. Byrne. Aljofree. Fucking hell, I'm sure some people blamed the lack of Bovril as to the reason why there's no atmosphere.

The simple fact is people can't be bothered. I know, because I've felt the same at times. Sometimes I've put in the effort only to realise nobody else can be arsed and it does take the wind out of your sails a bit. I can't say I blame the crowd either (and I include myself within this, as I consider my support to be below par this season) ...watching the team this season has been a chore, but as others have pointed out, it was as dead as the night on the opening day. It should have been loud, it wasn't.

I know it's a two way thing, we're begging the players to show some life but they've got nothing to play for except to collect their wages. There is no pride in this team anymore and clearly we're not destined for anything of note (except possible relegation). Simply turning up is what the players have been doing and what we've rightly been criticising them for, but we get all high and mighty as fans and say that the team whould be grateful that we turned up. Well what's the point if people just sit there and do sod all? There may as well be nobody there watching them. We as fans need to show them there is more than their wage to play for and in turn they need to show us there is something to cheer for, even if we don't finish high up in the division.

I never intended this to turn into a mega-rant but as I typed more, the more I realised how bad things have become. I think back to Byrne 'lashing out' at the rubbishness of the fans and at the time I thought it was inappropriate for him to say that. Now I know exactly how he felt and what he meant. I also know most of these points have been made by others, but it's time the fans and players took a long hard look at themselves and cut the horse manure out of their attitudes.

It's not quite slashing wrist time. If we give up the players give up. In truth, I think collectively the club probably has. But we all need to stop saying/typing the same old cliched rubbish and just get the hell on with it. It's the only way we will climb away from the drop. That's the last time I'm going to moan about the fans this year.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #37 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 22:37:50 »

If we give up the players give up. 
If you reversed the order you'd be more accurate. The fans have got a bit excited when the players have looked like they give a fuck.
I must admit I wouldn't give a fuck if every single one of our players was sold.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #38 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 22:41:38 »

If you reversed the order you'd be more accurate. The fans have got a bit excited when the players have looked like they give a fuck.
I must admit I wouldn't give a fuck if every single one of our players was sold.

I'm sure you're fishing but your comment sums up the point of my post in three sentences.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 08:51:30 »

I'd say alot of that was rubbish to be honest.

Brezovan deserved to be dropped he was shit
P Smith has made mistakes but then so has Brez, so I cant see how one should never play again and the other should have been playing all season

Ifil is better than an ok player for this league, when he is on form. I do agree with the part that he lost belief under Malpas
Aljofree, whilst not a good captain is certainly not the worse one we ever had. Step forward Sean O'fucking Hanlon. He was an even worse captain and player!

Timlin hasnt hit the ground running this season but was more than good enough in his two loan spells and was probably our best player pre-season. Like Easton the ability is there just lack of a run of games in the same position.
McGorvern is a headless chicken who isnt good enough yet McNamee is quality and needs better players around him. Both are decent enough wingers and both dont get enough service

Paynters lost form recently but no near as bad as people make out. Him and Cox are our best strike partnership and even though I wasnt there I dont think its any co-incidence that as soon as Paynter comes back into the team Cox scores again. In no way is Barry Corr a better player than him.
Sturrock is a good player maybe a bit too intelligent with the ball for our team

You Sir are a dick
 Cheesy

When you're smiling.........
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 10:28:18 »

Makes me one too then cos I agree

From the Dark Side
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 10:57:55 »

I agree. However, I've heard too many excuses as to why others won't. Everyone's moved away from the Town End. The team is too poor (yes it is but it hasn't stopped the atmosphere before). Malpas. Byrne. Aljofree. Fucking hell, I'm sure some people blamed the lack of Bovril as to the reason why there's no atmosphere.

The simple fact is people can't be bothered. I know, because I've felt the same at times. Sometimes I've put in the effort only to realise nobody else can be arsed and it does take the wind out of your sails a bit. I can't say I blame the crowd either (and I include myself within this, as I consider my support to be below par this season) ...watching the team this season has been a chore, but as others have pointed out, it was as dead as the night on the opening day. It should have been loud, it wasn't.

I know it's a two way thing, we're begging the players to show some life but they've got nothing to play for except to collect their wages. There is no pride in this team anymore and clearly we're not destined for anything of note (except possible relegation). Simply turning up is what the players have been doing and what we've rightly been criticising them for, but we get all high and mighty as fans and say that the team whould be grateful that we turned up. Well what's the point if people just sit there and do sod all? There may as well be nobody there watching them. We as fans need to show them there is more than their wage to play for and in turn they need to show us there is something to cheer for, even if we don't finish high up in the division.

I never intended this to turn into a mega-rant but as I typed more, the more I realised how bad things have become. I think back to Byrne 'lashing out' at the rubbishness of the fans and at the time I thought it was inappropriate for him to say that. Now I know exactly how he felt and what he meant. I also know most of these points have been made by others, but it's time the fans and players took a long hard look at themselves and cut the horse manure out of their attitudes.

It's not quite slashing wrist time. If we give up the players give up. In truth, I think collectively the club probably has. But we all need to stop saying/typing the same old cliched rubbish and just get the hell on with it. It's the only way we will climb away from the drop. That's the last time I'm going to moan about the fans this year.

The Bovril bothers me.....that oxo is shite!

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 11:42:13 »

a dick that can use the quote feature properly!!!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 11:50:26 »

oh the irony.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 11:50:48 »

Doh

When you're smiling.........
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: