Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Crewe Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 31581 times)
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #345 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 11:20:28 »

yesterday was dreadful...i'm glad i was drunk, it must have been horrible sober...chicken balti was alright though

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 11:22:57 »

yesterday was dreadful...i'm glad i was drunk, it must have been horrible sober...chicken balti was alright though

The football was dire. Despite being sober, I still had a laugh though....

It's All Good..............
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 11:33:23 »

The whole match was dire, however the following made it wasier to take:

Toilet stop on the hard shoulder watching the gentlemen in question get beeped by passing traffic
Pool in the pub the old boys were a good laugh
Nelly the elephant
Sheena Eastons Red and White Army
The steward telling the annoying shouty woman behind us that "they don't enforce seating at Crewe and if she wanted to sit to sit somewhere else"
Oh and some meathead calling Lucien Sanchez an ignorant tosser
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #348 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 11:46:14 »

What made it easier to take was the fact I was sat in the warmth and comfort of my own home.

I'm half tempted to bin the next game off and I'm really not looking forward to Leyton Orient either (although I will definitely go to that). Just not really feeling the football at the moment. Shame Ben never has any money, I'd stay in the pub with him for old times sake.
dell boy

« Reply #349 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 11:48:08 »

I just watched the small amount of highlights on The Championship.
What was Aljofree doing when Crewe scored, it seemed to me he was arguing with someone (don't know who).
The goal did not look Smiths fault.
Paynter sending off you, they didn't show the headbutt, but the knock he took from the Crewe player looked like handbags, very unprofessional Mr. Paynter.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 11:48:49 »

i'm also glad i was drunk yesterday, although i hated having a hangover by ten o clock.

i've just seen the sending off again on the championship...it looks as if billy was fouled (hazy recollection of this happening) and the ref was right there. shame he's a cock and reacted though

also it's a shame we're shit

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #351 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 11:49:46 »

What was Aljofree doing when Crewe scored, it seemed to me he was arguing with someone (don't know who).
Paynter sending off you, they didn't show the headbutt, but the knock he took from the Crewe player looked like handbags, very unprofessional Mr. Paynter.

Sounds like they need someone to come in and take control. Actually it sounds as though they're waiting for it.

swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 12:26:53 »

I saw the same highlights, and i thought that Smith should have done better to be honest. I reckon Brez would have held it, it was straight at him and not too powerful.

Saying that, i think i'm slightly biased at the moment, as I have seen so many Phil Smith fuck ups this year that I'm possibly turning into one of those idiots now waiting for him to make a mistake.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 12:29:52 »

It looked like Smith could have done better but again like Carlisle he's made a save and its their bloke who has re-acted first.

It looked to me like Aljofree was shouting at the ref because he thought he should have had a foul just outside the box but he wasnt exactly busting a gut to get back in and defend.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 12:31:56 »

What a moron.

:cunt:

Unbelieveable......... Suicide

Clems Army!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 12:38:26 »

From the highlights, it looked like Jerel had a go at smith with the action 'Why did you not push it away?'

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 13:14:02 »

Smith is credited with seven saves yesterday. Which means our defence allowed Crewe seven chances.

But yeah, the reason we lost was all Smiths fault.......

It's All Good..............

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 13:26:12 »

This is just falling into the short termist trap that pervades the present game...the same will happen with DD.

Have we gained anything from sacking MM...answer no. As a club we're still way short of the necessary infrastructure to compete at the level above...so in the meantime, let's accept our status, and hope progress continues off teh pitch.

i take your points reg and agree to an extent.i said yesterday that i think money will get stick after an initial short period.i hope i am wrong and that he gets every bit of quality out of our poor-average squad and gets the fans onside,but i think he will have it all to do.
if money cannot get quick progress then i think fitton will have to find some money and add to the squad with quality players that we dont possess currently.we have demanding fans who crave success.

malpas proved he wasn't up to it.the signings he made alone were enough reason to get shot of him.i think fitton was more than patient with him
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 13:29:02 by arriba » Logged
Spencer_White

« Reply #358 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 13:49:48 »

This is just falling into the short termist trap that pervades the present game...the same will happen with DD.

Have we gained anything from sacking MM...answer no. As a club we're still way short of the necessary infrastructure to compete at the level above...so in the meantime, let's accept our status, and hope progress continues off teh pitch.

They said they wanted to be Championship in 3 years. The first year will be up in february, the next 6 months after that will hinge on whether Fitton has appointed another no hoper.

They havn't taken relegation seriously all season despite the fact that if Malpas had been appointed over a summer then he would have relegated us.

Progress off the pitch will be difficult to come by. Cant see too many new season ticket holders snapping up their season ticket renewals. If it wasnt for Malpas we would have smashed that 6,000. As it is, the club has lost all momentum. 

He will end up spending the money for a manager with 3 backroom staff in the end. Whether we are still in L1 or L2 by then I dont know.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #359 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 13:57:44 »

Our status could very well be league 2 soon, I wouldn't accept that. I'm confident the right man will keep us up though. There's no light at the end of the tunnel until he does come on though, that's what's so frustrating.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: