Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon boss Byrne blasts armchair supporters  (Read 23714 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:15:45 »

Jesus christ what have I started...

Communal whale song at Swindon? Its got to be better than booing Phil Smith every three seconds. Or maybe if Phil Smith sang whale songs it would sooth the defence.
Sorry Tails but you are slagging the guy unfairly - he may have answer. Does he have a drum?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:17:22 »

Does he have a drum?

N'ah it's all airhorns these days.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:20:11 »

Communal whale song at Swindon? Its got to be better than booing Phil Smith every three seconds. Or maybe if Phil Smith sang whale songs it would sooth the defence.
Sorry Tails but you are slagging the guy unfairly - he may have answer. Does he have a drum?

I'm all for Phil Smith whale calls.

Nah no drum, he's just really whingy. He sits next to one of the angriest men on the planet aswell. It's like some sort of crazy angry whale combination that hate Phil Smith.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:22:50 »

I don't think I've been to a football match where someone near hasn't talked complete rubbish loudly. I'm convinced that most of the time they don't even agree with what they say either.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:24:41 »

But it doesn't make him a worse supporter - just a different kind of supporter that you disagree with.
STFC Village

« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:26:59 »

It sounds like he's having a whale of a time
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:29:01 »

I don't think I've been to a football match where someone near hasn't talked complete rubbish loudly. I'm convinced that most of the time they don't even agree with what they say either.

Of course they don't - its heat of the moment stuff - like shagging your current missus and calling her by your exs name. I ignore what people shout out. Most of it is bollox. Some bloke got pissy with me at the Leicester game for something I said but I told him that I'd had to listen to his shit all season without making a comment. Its should all be regarded like newspapers being tomorrowes chip wrappers.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:29:11 »

But surely spending most of the time moaning defeats the object of supporting? I've asked him before why he bothers coming and he said he doesn't know, so I told him to not bother. He seemed to think I was joking.

Meh I guess it's hard to describe unless you've experienced just how irritating he is. I miss the town end.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:30:29 »

But it doesn't make him a worse supporter - just a different kind of supporter that you disagree with.

I agree with you C_S.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:32:28 »

Well then you could revert to option B, which is to tell him to shut the fuck up or you'll punch his lights out. Fight or flight and all that. Most people will walk away if you say it with some purpose.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 00:03:33 »

You'd agree if you sat where I do in the Don Rogers! There's one youngish lad who spends the whole game making whale noises and booing Phil Smith every three seconds.
Are you sure it's whale noises and not just a klangers impression? Come to that how the fuck do you even make a whale noise (without being a whale)? This guy could well have a unique talent, I'm pretty sure I couldn't make a whale noise if called upon to do so. Although I could probably manage that klicky thing dolphins do at a stretch
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 00:05:41 »

What noise does a manatee make?

/
W56196272
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 00:07:15 »

flubble
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 00:09:04 »

I'm not syaing I agree with having a pop in public, it serves no purpose, but the problem they get is that the Adver use it as a source for their own questions when speaking to people in the club, so it's unavoidable.  If the press keep telling you the fans think xyz and you read the same bollocks from the challenged individuals who seem to frequent both the Adver and the text in for Radio Swindon, it would lead you to think we are an unintelligent rabble.

I'm not sure what purpose the Adver comments section serves, if you look at other mundane news articles you get the same crap as on the football stories.  It makes me wonder about this town at times.
fatbury

« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 08:30:45 »

I think its all part of Fittons strategy of the manager being more "at one" with the fans ... Well done Mr Byrne Wink
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: