Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon boss Byrne blasts armchair supporters  (Read 23609 times)

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:30:12 »

players,coaches,managers etc get slated on forums.fair fucking play for having a pop back i say.i'd like to hear more reaction from players etc to the stuff on forums.
can we say what we like but they not have a chance to defend themselves and slate posts?
some of you have overeacted to his perfectly valid comments.i dread to think what the cretins on thisis will come out with.it's like when players give a bit back to the crowd after getting stick.how dare they! Roll Eyes
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:33:40 »

I agree with absolutely everything he said there.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:37:19 »

He's entirely correct in what he says, but saying it perhaps wasn't clever.
sonic youth

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:39:02 »

i guess i'm an armchair fan as well now and as founder of the ABBB, i feel partially responsible.

don't let the door hit you on the way out davey boy.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:39:26 »

Hmmm, as you all know I've been very critical of our fans and some of what Byrne has said I agree with and some I dont agree with.

The first bit is about the long distance fans, its odd and maybe its just be but I usually find Richard Pullen and Bangkok Reds opinions to be very accurate and logical despite the fact they dont even watch the games!! some time it is easier to judge from far away.

If anything he should be aiming his comments at people who do go to games but still come out with complete bollocks.

He is however spot on when he talks about his decision to sub Kennedy. I said it before and I'll say it again, if anyone cant see the logic/reason behind taking Kennedy off they are retarded.

I think kinda lost in there a bit, Byrnes main point is there is alot of negativity around the place and he is right. Sure the players, the manager, the none manager, the results etc etc all play apart but we have alot of fans who will focus on everything negative and not give the positive a single mention.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:41:57 »

But Byrne's not talking about the likes of BR, or Rich as they aren't overly negative.  He's talking about the retards on thisis who after every defeat slate everything about the performance without being there.  There's quite a few on thisis, some bloke from Spain sticks in my head, during MM's reign he'd bang on and on about everything little thing (that was mostly not true).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:44:02 »

I just picked those two as they are both regular posters who attend very few games.

Im sure Byrne didnt mean them personally as they arent negative, but for every one negative person who didnt go to the game there must be 20 negative people who did go to the game but still talk bollocks on the web.
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:44:28 »

Our fans don't think about the positives at all. It's like we're still suffering from when the previous cuntish owners were here. It's almost like we're so accustomed to negativity that we can't get it out of our systems, even with fantastic people now running the club.

It's one of the reasons I enjoy away games so much more. Most of the negativity is lost.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:47:42 »

I guess I am an armchair supporter, to be honest it doesn't take someone with an IQ of 180 to work out that we are currently struggling for form and a team that has conceded a goal in the last 2 minutes the last 5 or 6 matches is either ridiculously unlucky or is playing with a lack of confidence. Good sides will shut out these kind of games.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:59:30 »

I don't even own an armchair, nor an anorak for that matter.

Byrne does look like a Peado though.

I reckon that JJ is right in that budgie has just been told that he wont be #2 either.

Bye bye Budgie, Gay nickname by the way.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 18:01:15 »

I thought it was fair enough, but think he probably has more important things to focus on than reading thisis.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 18:03:06 »

If anything he should be aiming his comments at people who do go to games but still come out with complete bollocks.

Maybe, but I attend matches and have also said the team aren't playing with confidence, something Byrne doesn't agree with according to the article.

If I want to post that, then I will. And if people disagree then fine.  He has every right to disagree - but not the right to expect us not to post our thoughts. The reason things are negative right now is that we are 1 fucking point above the relegation zone and keep conceding last minute goals and/or making huge individual fuck ups.

I absolutely agree with him, we need unity, we need to get behind the team en-mass and be positive. But this kind of interview just riles the fans further. What a plank.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 18:13:01 »

He's probably just best buddies with The Flash! Grin

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 18:38:01 »

How does he know they don't go to games?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 18:42:07 »

How does he know they don't go to games?

Good call.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: