Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon boss Byrne blasts armchair supporters  (Read 22951 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 16:54:10 »

Well, he's just plugging the articles in his paper which we might find of interest. Seems fair enough to me. It's not like he's spamming the forum with "Chippenham youth fined £35 for dropping chip wrapper - read all the shocking details in this week's G&H"

I'll bet you a tenner that there will be a 'internet supporters backlash' article within the next few days. He's fishing for a story.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 16:54:56 »

I've never really expressed much of an opinion about Byrne, other than to praise his record as caretaker between the Sturrock and Malpas spells.  That interview, however, is the clearest indicator you could ask for that he's not manager material.  Small town.  Not what we need.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 16:55:30 »

But he's not slating Town fans as such (no offence Bangkok Red) he's slating the negative big mouthed knob jockey's based around the world who don't go to matches and basically shit stir.

(Bangkok Red shouldn't be offended by the above as he doesn't fall into that category - his opinion is pretty balanced on STFC matters).
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 16:56:11 »

What a refreshing change to read an article like that, although I don't agree with all of it.  I have to say why didn't he blast the negative foreign based "fans" duing MM's reign, dickhead from Spain on this is banging on about how MM fucked up, someone else in Australia saying the same etc. 

Fair play to Dave for speaking out but it's too late for me, also sounds like he's on his way and doesn't care who he offends.

Agree it seems like a parting shot.

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:00:44 »

Announcement tomorrow for new manager then? Cheesy
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:03:06 »

Just read through the article. He's got a point.

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:06:09 »

I think hes either got wind of Sonics ABBB campaign or been reading the THISIS forum.....either way I dont fucking care hes not getting the job even if he does have a bit of a point.

I think hes been told hes not getting the job and that the new man is bringing in his own whole backroom staff thus making him redundant in the process.

OR

Hes due on!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:11:16 »

byrne is spot on.whether he should have made those comments is debateable,but what he said is true.he's being honest so fair play to him
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:17:42 »

...and if I have to come out and name these idiots then I will.”

Yeah go on  Cheesy

I agree with his sentiments, though it seems to be the opinion of man who knows he's not staying here for very much longer.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Rich Pullen

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:18:07 »

I guess I'm an armchair fan as I don't go to games... If I lived locally I'd be going whether we were good or bad.

But anyway, I never really criticise performances from games I don't go to because, well, I find it impossible.

As mentioned, this is not the talk of a man who'll be in employment by the end of the year.
Sussex

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:19:28 »

Reminds me of an email sent to all 350 odd employees, directors, etc.. by a woman at my company who also got made redundant. Her parting shot was to have a massive rant and finished off with "don't let the bastards grind you down".

Think she pressed send before remembering her husband still has to work there. Doh!

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:19:35 »

I guess I'm an armchair fan as I don't go to games... If I lived locally I'd be going whether we were good or bad.

But anyway, I never really criticise performances from games I don't go to because, well, I find it impossible.

As mentioned, this is not the talk of a man who'll be in employment by the end of the year.

Ditto

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:20:13 »

The blokes a joke....if thats how he handles the media etc hes fucked,he does the same with the players as well,basicly saying if you dont like it your wrong!
Cant stand the fella and whether you watch a match or not whos he to say what peoples opinions should be.....the way hes going theres going to be another few thousand armchair fans getting om his nerves very soon....the quicker Fitton gets rid the better....just another joker in that pack of cards weve been dealt with lately.
flammableBen

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:22:11 »

Looks as if it ties in with the thread about Ward and Holloway getting their rejection letters today/yesterday. He'd probably just sat down to read his post with a cup of tea and crumpet, found out the bad news, and then had to put up with a pesky reporter turning up at his door / ringing him up.

I hate it when people expect me to answer questions when I'm trying to eat a crumpet.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 17:25:53 »

Looks as if it ties in with the thread about Ward and Holloway getting their rejection letters today/yesterday. He'd probably just sat down to read his post with a cup of tea and crumpet, found out the bad news, and then had to put up with a pesky reporter turning up at his door / ringing him up.

I hate it when people expect me to answer questions when I'm trying to eat a crumpet.

I miss crumpets!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: