Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon - Night Out  (Read 9887 times)
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 20:37:33 »

It's my 18th a week Satuday, and I obviously don't want to spend the night in Melksham.
So i've decided on Swindon, but i've never been there so have no idea what it's like.
So, is it any good? Where should I head? Where is the best place to start and the best place for a group of 18 year lads to go?
Cheers in advance.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 20:38:52 »

Level 3 and watch yeovil dance to carter and the neds.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 21:02:59 »

Meet me in reflex
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 21:26:33 »

It's my 18th a week Satuday, and I obviously don't want to spend the night in Melksham.
So i've decided on Swindon, but i've never been there so have no idea what it's like.
So, is it any good? Where should I head? Where is the best place to start and the best place for a group of 18 year lads to go?
Cheers in advance.

See this post

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,31629.0.html

"If you are underage or 18-19 or a chav, want to get glassed, or get in a fight or are looking for an easy sh*g then the bottom of Town is the best bet.

If you are over 19 and don't fancy a ruck or getting glassed, and want to see better looking girls (although you won't see their heads as they are so far up their own arse) then Old Town is the best place to go."
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 21:37:33 »

Cheers Gazza.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 21:43:40 »

SUJU is the place to go.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 21:44:41 »

Take a stab vest.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 21:57:43 »

Try the Bulldog
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 22:10:19 »

Level 3 and watch yeovil dance to carter and the neds.

Fantastic, I used to go there all the time for my Symonds bitter 88p a pint.

I once saw Neds Atomic Dustbin live at Brixton Academy....

Ahh the memories..
grubby

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 22:14:43 »

after the bulldog try the cock robin!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 22:43:07 »

Actually isn't the pipers the up and coming place for 1st timers?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 22:49:25 »

after the bulldog try the cock robin!

The Cock Robin hasn't been there for years. I used to drink in there years ago - the entertainment was free.
DMR

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 22:52:11 »

Just tear it up in Liquid. It's your 18th ffs, don't listen to these buggers trying to send you elsewhere. Get off your tits in the Sir Danny Arms, a few Jager-bombs in the Walkabout opposite then stumble into a proper nightclub i.e. Liquid.

Shirt and shoes at weekends.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 22:55:10 »

You're the manager at Liquid...go on admit it!
flammableBen

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 23:09:44 »

Cheers in advance.
For a more useful answer....

Gazza is sort of right, although he's taken it to a bit of an extreme.

Head down town if you want a good, non pretentious, drunken time out. Yeah the chavy fight factor is a bit higher down there, but it's not really dangerous. With a group of mates out for a good time. Bar crawling around walkabout, sir dans, mailcoach, Lava Lounge etc. area can be fun, or you can wander off the path a bit and head to Furnace (indie metal fat goth birds) or Liquid (More Mainstream. That is where Brunel was yeah?) or Apartments (I've only been once, is it still there? A bit like the Old Town bars I'll list in the next paragraph).

Up Old Town you have a few bars. Longs, The Old Bank, The Kings, The Spot, Mckenzies, I think covers it. Mckenzies and Longs (and The Apartments in town) are pretty much how Gazza says, a bit up them selves. With a group of mates they're bearable though. The Spot is like that but too a slightly lesser degree, always feels a bit more chilled out, or used to anyway. The Old Bank has changed a bit I think, back when I was frequenting these establishments after work it fluctuated about between up itself or chilled out quite a bit, not sure what it's like now.

Clubs in old town you've got Studio and Suju. Suju is ace and stays open until at least 4am (or used to.) Studio is shit.

You've also got The Vic, which is right next to Longs. And is ace (or used to be, again I'm well out of date). Possible band playing downstairs (cellar), pub upstairs(ground floor), after any bands the downstairs is open to boogey on down in until about 2am.

Pubs in Old Town are nicely spread to give an awesome pre-pub/bar experience, with a nice crawl in either direction be it too stay in old town or head down town. Definitely a good place to start if your heading off early and fancy a chilled out few pints and a couple of games of pool before hitting it. I'll do more detail if you do fancy that.

Depends what you want really.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: