Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon - Night Out  (Read 9891 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 18:51:38 »

Foxies was £5 to get in and £10 to £20 for a dance (depending on level of clothing required to remove), not that I'm a regular.  These prices may be out of date because it was a good 2 years ago I went in there, just after it moved I think.  Not worth it really.

Nobody has actually asked what is you are looking for from a pub and what sort of places you like.  So what is it you are looking for Mr Life?
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 18:57:11 »

Basically.

It's going to be a group of between I would say 8 - 12 18 year old lads, all looking go get smashed.
Of course if there were girls about, it would be more of a laugh.

Was also hoping to go to Foxies, but apparently it's shut down, but you will know more than me.
flammableBen

« Reply #77 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 18:58:54 »

It's rouge which is shut down. I think Foxies is still there. Might be wrong.

My mate Black Borris will slap his cock across your face for a minimal fee if you fancy something different? PM me, I get referral money.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 19:09:59 »

I think Foxies is still going.  Rouge was the one that shut down but haven't heard anything about Foxies.

You'll be wanting to use the list provided by DMR amongst others.  Basically find the Express by Holiday Inn and you'll find lots and lots of cheesey style pubs close together.  You won't go far wrong in any of them to be honest, although the clientelle in The Mail Coach may not be what you are after!

Places like Walkabout tend to be very busy, lots of young uns.  The Groves is a cheap Whetherspoon and the Sir Daniel is a LLoyds Bar from the same chain.  The rest of the places you'll be forking out a good £3 per pint.  You won't need to walk more than 100 yards all night in terms of covering a few different places.

D&D/Kaos/Hardings/Co-op is now flats.  For Ardiles, I think it was still Hardings when you had to go with tie.  It loosened up, literally I suppose, when it changed to Kaos which was about when I began frequenting.  You could do a pub crawl at the bottom of Town, but it wasn't very exciting.  The Lamb & Flag, Rat & Carrot (I think), Sir Daniel Gooch Arms (before they finally got him to sell up so they could build and Edwards and then convert it years later back into a pub with the same name!) and the Mail Coach - before it got it's Rainbow exterior.  Went in the Sir Daniel in it's old incarnation one night and there was literally a man and his dog, plus a couple behind the bar.  They stopped talking and stared us out when we opened the door.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #79 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 19:14:04 »

I got my first good kicking in the Sir Dan in its old incarnation. I put my money on the pool table for a game and got taken outside by 2 paddys and given a good beating. I didn't even have a chance to say hello or talk about the weather.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 19:20:15 »

They assumed you were paying them for doing your driveway. Always tip more.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #81 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 19:24:25 »

They assumed you were paying them for doing your driveway. Always tip more.

Good shout - 20p wasn't enough. Althuogh they were excellent at telling my fortune when they said they were going to give me a good hiding.
I did eventually have a shitload of truoble after having my driveway done by a company called Millenium. I said htey'd done a shit job and the main man come to my house and demanded the payment in cash. i told him to fuck off and he asked if I'd like to say fuck off to the 15 lads on the minibus parked opposite who would have no money for the weekend and that they were thirsty. I told him that he could tell them to fuck off, shut the door and crapped my pants for an hour or so. 
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, December 1, 2008, 19:30:59 »

Millenium were pretty shit but Reillys Block Paving made loads of money re-doing Milleniums mess.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: