Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon - Night Out  (Read 9890 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 00:35:45 »

Do what dave said. sir dans -> liquid. yates' may be worth a go for the £1 shots too

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 07:43:11 »

For a more useful answer....

Gazza is sort of right, although he's taken it to a bit of an extreme.

Head down town if you want a good, non pretentious, drunken time out. Yeah the chavy fight factor is a bit higher down there, but it's not really dangerous. With a group of mates out for a good time. Bar crawling around walkabout, sir dans, mailcoach, Lava Lounge etc. area can be fun, or you can wander off the path a bit and head to Furnace (indie metal fat goth birds) or Liquid (More Mainstream. That is where Brunel was yeah?) or Apartments (I've only been once, is it still there? A bit like the Old Town bars I'll list in the next paragraph).

Up Old Town you have a few bars. Longs, The Old Bank, The Kings, The Spot, Mckenzies, I think covers it. Mckenzies and Longs (and The Apartments in town) are pretty much how Gazza says, a bit up them selves. With a group of mates they're bearable though. The Spot is like that but too a slightly lesser degree, always feels a bit more chilled out, or used to anyway. The Old Bank has changed a bit I think, back when I was frequenting these establishments after work it fluctuated about between up itself or chilled out quite a bit, not sure what it's like now.

Clubs in old town you've got Studio and Suju. Suju is ace and stays open until at least 4am (or used to.) Studio is shit.

You've also got The Vic, which is right next to Longs. And is ace (or used to be, again I'm well out of date). Possible band playing downstairs (cellar), pub upstairs(ground floor), after any bands the downstairs is open to boogey on down in until about 2am.

Pubs in Old Town are nicely spread to give an awesome pre-pub/bar experience, with a nice crawl in either direction be it too stay in old town or head down town. Definitely a good place to start if your heading off early and fancy a chilled out few pints and a couple of games of pool before hitting it. I'll do more detail if you do fancy that.

Depends what you want really.

Just as a point of information, the Kings is over 21 at the weekend, group of lads would have no chance of getting in.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 08:21:59 »

Roaring donkey is where its at.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
fatbury

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 08:27:30 »

Bottom of town to get off your head and wrecked ..

Top of town to have a more civilized and laid back but ultimately often boring night out ..

Sadly there isnt much of a happy medium ...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 08:33:42 »

Bottom of town to get off your head and wrecked ..

Top of town to have a more civilized and laid back but ultimately often boring night out ..

Sadly there isnt much of a happy medium ...
Deers' Leap?
Sussex

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 08:37:21 »

Book some train tickets and have a lads night out in Brighton. Can't go wrong there. No need for a hotel, train station opens about 4am, kip on the first train back.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 09:13:17 »

I can never beat Wheatsheaf/Donkey/Vic for a top Friday/Saturday night out.

I hate places with dress codes.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 11:01:33 »

That's ace.
Cheers all.
Panda Paws

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 12:41:30 »

Book some train tickets and have a lads night out in Brighton. Can't go wrong there. No need for a hotel, train station opens about 4am, kip on the first train back.

Seconded...if your gunna bother travelling, go somewhere worth it. Brighton's an awesome night out, something for everyone, Bristol good and aint all that far as well.
DMR

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 12:44:58 »

I'd just stay in Melksham and go to Buds (if it's still going), at least you're guaranteed to get your nuts in, even if it is a bit of a munter... which is essential on your 18th
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 12:56:35 »

Buds has had a re-vamp and has been pretty much dead ever since.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 12:58:06 »

Go to Rouge, get some snatch for your birthday Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:01:12 »

Go to Rouge, get some snatch for your birthday Smiley

Rouge is no more.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 13:57:33 »

Buds has had a re-vamp and has been pretty much dead ever since.

but its not a nite club any more is it? didnt someone get raped and they lost there licence??
Where do people go now? The Navy Tavern?? MING!!!
Could always go to Nam buds!!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 14:00:25 »

bottom of town where dmr has said and you wont go far wrong.for a lad of your age it's deffo the place for you in swindon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: