Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Histon Matchday Thread. THE BIG ONE!!  (Read 28221 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #255 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 19:30:40 »

What a horrible result. Congratulations to Histon and good luck to them in the next round.

What can you say? Blyth Spartans put 3 past Shrewsbury today, a fine result against a tough team to beat (we could demonstrate this soon) and are doing well in their division - thus suggesting that these things happen. There's not a lot of logic in football.

However, another set piece and another shocking performance (as I'm reliably informed)

I could huff and puff and I'm sure those who went will and that's fair enough. But I'm hoping, nay, praying that on the basis of this being such a breathtakingly awful result which was complimented by an awful performance that maybe, just maybe, this could well be the result that gets things sorted.

We can't dwell, Brighton in the week is very important.

Sigh.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #256 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 20:11:44 »

I just got back... We were incredibly shit but then again it was a shit game in general. The football was atrocious. Hoof ball. Their players dove a lot.

Some good banter with their keeper though. Chants of "are you a plumber or a builder" and "back to work on Monday" to which the keeper replied "No tomorrow"  too bothered and probably though ne really looked too bothered and probably thought "we will win easily" oh well shit happens and we move on.

Some kids started chanting for Malpas Out after the match (predictable) and there was a lot of abuse aimed at the players who came to clap the fans. 
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #257 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 20:46:19 »

I can't be arsed to read back though pages of comments:

* Shit game, really shit. We were awful and didn't trouble their defence. Did they trouble ours? As much as we troubled theirs.
* We should have beaten that shit. Instead we were just as bad and they got their break. Their game plan was not as good as people had made out pre-game.
* It matters, it was a long shit journey and I am annoyed I went. Don't regret it though, I've neglected away games recently, so it's good to see how we really are.
* Larwood's bloke was at the game  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 20:49:16 by Si Pie » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 20:50:23 »

HUMILIATION!

A nail in Malpas coffin!

Clems Army!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #259 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 20:53:27 »

HUMILIATION!

A nail in Malpas coffin!

But will it be? If we go by the L1 trend of late Malpas would have been sacked long before today.

Fitton has indicated that nobody is getting fired - why will it be any different now?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 20:54:08 »

HUMILIATION!

A nail in Malpas coffin!

Nah, just enters the roll call of shame of STFC managers who've lost to a non league side....Bert Head, Danny Williams, Lou Macari and Steve McMahon.

Who incidentally outside of Glenn Hoddle are the only STFC managers post war to have won anything.

We never played a non league side under Hoddle.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 21:27:52 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #261 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 20:55:08 »

HUMILIATION!

A nail in Malpas coffin!

If we can bounce back then no. Tough game next, players need to show some respect to the fans.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #262 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 20:55:40 »

But will it be? If we go by the L1 trend of late Malpas would have been sacked long before today.

Fitton has indicated that nobody is getting fired - why will it be any different now?

I think Fitton's general thoughts will come by league form which hasn't been bad as of late. Today was shit however if we get a win or a draw even against Leicester next weekend its quickly forgotten.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #263 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 20:56:33 »

Ah the days of starting in the 3rd Round. Ossie and Glenn's saving grace. McMahon on the other hand...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #264 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 20:57:38 »

Nah, just enters the role call of shame of STFC managers who've lost to a non league side....Bert Head, Danny Williams, Lou Macari and Steve McMahon.

Who incidentally outside of Glenn Hoddle are the only STFC managers post war to have won anything.

McMahon won us the div 2 title.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #265 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 21:00:38 »

McMahon won us the div 2 title.

Isn't that what Reg is saying?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #266 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 21:03:55 »

Unless I've missed something by not trawling back through pages of posts, he said Hoddle.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #267 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 21:06:09 »

just got back from the game. As Gazza said in earlier post. it was good banter with the Histon keeper. i was not impressed with the performance. Only a few players can hold their head up after the performance and that was Smith, Timlin, Kanuyka, Brez and Peacock. The less we talk about the ref the better.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 21:30:25 »

Unless I've missed something by not trawling back through pages of posts, he said Hoddle.
Nah, he was saying Hoddle was the only one of our managers who'd won something not to have lost to non-League opposition but that was because we didn't play any non-league sides under Hoddle
Panda Paws

« Reply #269 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 21:31:37 »

Just got back, we were shit and they were shit. Their goal came from Aljofree not organising and the guy was completely unmarked 6 yards out. I can understand the point that things like this happen etc but today was beyond bad. No application, no talking, we haven't a had a good chance all game, unless there was one near the end (I couldn't really see). It was the first time I had been since Leeds at home and nothing's changed as far as I can see...I was praying that he had turned it round and looking at our recent results we've been doing alright but today was shocking and could prove to very costly.

Fair play to Histon and their fans, but I pray to God they get no where near the football league or any further in the FA Cup. Truely horrible football, 6'6' lumps from back to front and didn't stop kicking us for 90 minutes, not that the ref was that bothered.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: