Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Histon Matchday Thread. THE BIG ONE!!  (Read 28257 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #240 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 18:38:32 »

I've had a shit day. I had to work all day. Then went to Morrisons for some beer and pranged the car next to me and left a lot of my paint on his now flattened wheel arch. Town lose to Histon and if it couldn't get any fucking worse X Factor will be on in an hour with that all time fucking awful Mariah Carey bint. My wife will want to bloody talk to me now - what's the betting.
What's the betting histon get the Scummers next round.
Beer is my only refuge. Oh - apart from wine that is.

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 18:39:31 »

I've had a shit day. I had to work all day. Then went to Morrisons for some beer and pranged the car next to me and left a lot of my paint on his now flattened wheel arch. Town lose to Histon and if it couldn't get any fucking worse X Factor will be on in an hour with that all time fucking awful Mariah Carey bint. My wife will want to bloody talk to me now - what's the betting.

Have you only got 1 telly?

/
W56196272

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 18:42:05 »

drivers like you are the reason i park as far away from others as possible.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 18:42:45 »

Well said

No throwing wobbly's or knee jerk reactions from me

It happens FFS

Lets get over it an move on to Leicester Saturday

I have seen enough in the last 3 games to satisfy myself that there is a way forward.

Those that are calling for MM's head again are quite frankly boring the shit out of me

The problem is...it happens quite a lot.  I'm struggling to see where this fits in with 'promotion to the Championship within three years' or what ever the current master plan is.  If we were performing strongly and consistently in the League, you could forgive a result like this more easily.

Sadly, it feels indicative of a team that is simply making up the numbers in the lower leagues.  And we have to be aiming for more than that.  A town the size of Swindon deserves more than this.  We've just been beaten by a village side, for fuck's sake.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #244 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 18:42:57 »

No, but my bratts will want to watch it downstairs. Even I'm not sad enough to sit in a bedroom on my own with my beer watching somethnig crap. Actually that may be a good option. Or the Moonies sounds a better option.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 18:44:18 »

Well said

No throwing wobbly's or knee jerk reactions from me

It happens FFS

Lets get over it an move on to Leicester Saturday

I have seen enough in the last 3 games to satisfy myself that there is a way forward.

Those that are calling for MM's head again are quite frankly boring the shit out of me

Pressure's on for Wednesday night.  If the team in the Andy Pandy stripes wins, then it's no more more cup dosh.

Cup dosh is extremely important and the Town today just blew some significant wedge.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 18:44:38 »

I really didnt care about the game today for a number of reason but when most teams go on good runs (no matter how minimal) the important bit is how they bounce back once they lose.

I really hope for just about everyones sake that this defeat doesnt set us back into the confidenceless shakey side we looked about a month ago.

If we bounce back with a positive performance against Leicester then no harm done in my opinion.

Also, again just the radio but do we lack a plan B? It just seems our game plan is 'Cox will score' or 'McNamee will create chances' when it wasnt going our way we didnt seem to change it.

I really do wish for once, if we are losing Malpas will leave all three of Cox, Corr and Paynter on the pitch but I cant remember if we were losing before or after Corr came on.

Did we miss Morrison, Kanuyka sounded alright on the radio.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #247 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 18:45:14 »

drivers like you are the reason i park as far away from others as possible.

Good shout. It was all my fault - the only one for about 10 years thugoh. Not like my wife who drove the car into the fucking house - massive repair bill as part of the front of the house was rebuilt. If she wanted an integral garage she should have said something.

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 18:58:30 »

Good shout. It was all my fault - the only one for about 10 years thugoh. Not like my wife who drove the car into the fucking house - massive repair bill as part of the front of the house was rebuilt. If she wanted an integral garage she should have said something.

did you do the right thing and give your details?
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 19:00:36 »

What you do is leave a note saying "Look at the positives".
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #250 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 19:16:42 »

did you do the right thing and give your details?

Yes I did. I was having a shit day - no need for him to have one as well. I spoke to him and he was a bit pissed off but quite relieved when I gave him my insurance details. I've been on the receiving end of some fuckwit pranging my car when parked and just fucking off.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 19:17:49 »

If we bounce back with a positive performance against Leicester then no harm done in my opinion.

well i suppose it is if you're not counting mssing out on all that money we could earn from gate receipts, prize money, tv money and merchandise.

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 19:18:53 »

Yes I did. I was having a shit day - no need for him to have one as well. I spoke to him and he was a bit pissed off but quite relieved when I gave him my insurance details. I've been on the receiving end of some fuckwit pranging my car when parked and just fucking off.
so have i and good for you.karma bonus points for you today
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 19:23:55 »

at least we should get a good tv slot on itv's highlight show

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, November 8, 2008, 19:27:07 »

at least we should get a good tv slot on itv's highlight show

It's a bonus that ITV now have this...easier not to watch.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: