Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Here is my rant  (Read 21999 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #210 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 20:51:40 »

Rightly or wrongly the players say the pressure at home is a bit too much, so what happens if we get involved in a relegation fight? If they couldnt handle it after the 4th home game i think we could be a bit fucked
Rich Pullen

« Reply #211 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 20:58:33 »

I disagree with that. I don't think the midfield is functioning to help the defence out as often as it should.

Problem is, we have tried nearly ever combination available in both departments without joy. Not sure what is left to try.

Are we simply not good enough, or is confidence so erroded and formation so confused nobody knows what their job is and nobody will take responsibility? I don't know.

That's fair enough. I've never bought into the confidence thing, I'd lean more towards the notion that we're not as good as we thought, if we ever thought that.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 21:00:22 »

Rightly or wrongly the players say the pressure at home is a bit too much, so what happens if we get involved in a relegation fight? If they couldnt handle it after the 4th home game i think we could be a bit fucked

That was just the players being pussies and making an excuse for being gutless wasn't it?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 21:07:03 »

I might blame 'confidence' for me being rubbish at 6-a-side every Tuesday night Smiley

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
JPC82

« Reply #214 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 21:09:32 »

does no one worry when malpas said 'I was booed as a player, booed as a coach and booed as a mangaer, i wont be forced out' no way will he resign cos he wants his contract paid up cos he knows he aint getting another decent job
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 21:27:14 »

which is what we would all do in his shoes anyway
Rich Pullen

« Reply #216 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 21:45:25 »

does no one worry when malpas said 'I was booed as a player, booed as a coach and booed as a mangaer, i wont be forced out' no way will he resign cos he wants his contract paid up cos he knows he aint getting another decent job

But he was a relatively successful player, that's his point - He's knows the highs and lows.

Oh, and what DV said.

The majority will get their way eventually, it's just a matter of when.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #217 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 21:47:54 »

Michael it was probably just an excuse just do not think that bodes well if we have a real battle soon.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #218 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 21:48:00 »

But hey, I should've kept my opinions to myself.

Why? It's not like anyone's had a go at you.

You cunt!

Wink
Rich Pullen

« Reply #219 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 21:48:59 »

Why? It's not like anyone's had a go at you.

You cunt!

Wink

Smiley Quite.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 08:21:32 »

That's fair enough. I've never bought into the confidence thing, I'd lean more towards the notion that we're not as good as we thought, if we ever thought that.

OK, but we didnt have a massive turnover of players in the summer and only lost 1 good player who was a right back and was not responisble for holding our entire team together. A fit Vincent may have helped tighten things up a bit, but I refuse to believe that a mediocre but dependable player like vincent single handedly held our defence together last season.Some players who were good last season have been rubbish this season.

The issue may not have started as confidence, it may have been bad coaching or whatever, but currently our defence has zero confidence - they are making mistakes and constantly panicing

Its now impossible to agrue that Malpas is not responsible for taking the team backwards
Robyn-mfc

« Reply #221 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 15:32:29 »

Hey there guys!

Im a Motherwell fan, for those who don't know the team, it was the team that Mr Maurice Malpas last 'tried' to manage.

To be perfectly honest, I never looked out for Swindon results before but, after losing Malpish and seeing him go to you boys I always looked out when I could hoping he wouldn't do the same to use as he done to my beloved club.

Scanning over this thread in partcular seeing familar words I used only a year and a half ago was quite frightning!

To describe Malpas in a few words "dour", "boring", "useless" and not got a scooby-do on what hes doing..

His tactical knowledge was zilch, his substitutions were awful for the players he took off and put on at certain times through games completely baffled the 'Well support.

His interviews are hardly full of encouraging signs and don't really fill you with confidence about your team at all.

One reason why I do hate (such a strong word now, but what he done to my team and how he reacted after a certain game, thats the word I now feel for him) after losing to a lesser club than ourvelves a remarkable 4-1 he came out and said after the match "Thats your Donald Duck" laughing his little heart out.

The man never had a clue with Motherwell, even less with his no.2 Paul Hegarty I wished for your guys sake that he'd find a brain with some tactial knowledge and do well for you guys but, seems not to be the case!

Reason I decided to search for a Swidom forum because theres always a Malpas thread lurking about on the Motherwell FC forum I post on and rumour has it that Malpas is reluctant to resign from the job exactly like he did for Motherwell, just so he can grab some money because again, this time surely, he won't find himself in another managerial job!

I do hope, sincerely hope he buggers off and you guys can start from new with a better manager than Malpish!

Good Luck on getting rid of him! You'll feel the benefits shortly after you do..

For Motherwell after getting right of Maurice we got Mark McGhee who lead us to Europe for the first time in 13 years!

Hope a similar outcome happens for you, even a nice little Cup run!

Best of luck!

Robyn.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 15:37:49 »

are you male or female?

welcome to the forum
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 15:38:38 »

I doubt if we got rid of malpas we'd end up in europe next season. Thanks though

Things get better but they never get good
Rich Pullen

« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 15:40:31 »

I doubt if we got rid of malpas we'd end up in europe next season. Thanks though

No more Austrian training camp Sad
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: