Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Here is my rant  (Read 21992 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #195 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 13:23:58 »

I have seen tomorow's edition and i am afraid you are wrong Steve, its about Peacock blaming himself for all 3 goals as he had chicken on friday night not the usual Salmon.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 13:30:12 »

Ah yes the "uncharacteristic errors" that are so characteristic of our performances

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 13:54:35 »

What we learnt from Saturday is we should boo and chant malpas out all game, because clearly supporting the players makes fuck all difference.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 18:41:34 »

It's so fucking painful at the moment.  Thankfully I didn't go, but listened to the radio, the whole thing just sounded limp.  No-one to get things going, spur the team on.  I'd love Malpas to be a success, but just can't see it.  So many people have now turned against him, I can't see how he can bring it back.  Fuck knows.  Strangely I don't feel as bad as I did when McMahon or King was manager...that I can't explain as we are as bad as we were then, maybe I've lost some passion after fighting Diamond Mike and his lot...maybe this just should've been better under Fitton.  I don't know what to think...I really don't.

One thing I do know...Holloway is not the fucking answer...unless you want him to take us into a division we've never been in before (as he did at Leicester).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Rich Pullen

« Reply #199 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 18:47:47 »

I am weirdly enjoying Malpas' ability to wind-up many fans by refusing to walk.

For the record, I'm still sat on the fence but I lean towards Malpas... What can I say? I like the underdog Cheesy

McMahon>King>Malpas?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #200 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 18:57:40 »

For the record, I'm still sat on the fence but I lean towards Malpas... What can I say? I like the underdog Cheesy

McMahon>King>Malpas?

Why do you think we should keep him, out of interest?
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 19:12:36 »

McMahon>King>Malpas?

He won't walk now because he's currently on track to match or 'better' his appalling efforts at Motherwell, therefore he knows that if he walked from here he won't ever get another job on the back of such piss-poor records. A bit like what happened to mindless ranting Andy '3 games in charge of Grays Athletic' King.
Spencer_White

« Reply #202 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 19:18:02 »

I think we should rise above it, say we are not bothered, and then see who blinks first, Fitton or the fans?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 19:32:26 »

The defence is shocking at times....BUT....do you think that the midfield cannot hold poccession and the defenders are under constant attack......reminds me of our Premier league days!

Clems Army!
JPC82

« Reply #204 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 19:39:29 »

ill have my little rant now:

Malpas said he will sign players who are better than what we already have, he bombed off John Hills saying hes no better than Vincent, then signs Yinka who Malpas believes is better than Vincent, so Vincent is injured so surely Yinka will be playing, but no he plays our second choice right back ahead of our so called 1st choice left back???
we have a midfield 4 full of centre midfielders, neither Easton or Timlin can beat a man and it was embarrasing seeing Easton trying to get round a defender saturday.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #205 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 20:17:41 »

Why do you think we should keep him, out of interest?

Hmmm - having to back up an opinion.

Firstly, I'd like to add that I'm not a huge follower of Maurice Malpas. I am not blinded, far from it.

However, I'm still willing to give him my support because the man who I respect the most, Andrew Fitton, believes that sacking him is not the right option just yet.

I've seen glimpses of us playing football that I haven't seen since Glenn Hoddle. It's just that defence. I am elated with our strikeforce and think the midfield is more than adequate. It's shit defending that's losing us these games (exception against Huddersfield perhaps).

I think, nowadays, we're a bit spoiled. For now this is all hysteria, yes people have been sacked for much, much less but that doesn't mean we should sack him.

I guess to conclude, I have to say we need to look beyond matchdays.

We've had more setbacks than successes in my time supporting Swindon. I remember sat by the radio waiting to see if we'd gone out of business. I read that the F.A. have more-or-less ruined Luton Town and pegged Rotherham and Bournemouth back a year or two. I look at our situation and think "it's been a awful month or two" - in the grand scheme of things I'd rather be in our "mess" now that what it could have been and what others have experienced.

Apologies for the late reply - I'm reading about post-emancipation in the Caribbean. Lovely.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 20:24:18 »

On that Fitton note, as much as he obviously good at doing business and that, i can't have any faith in him football-wise until he proves he knows what he is doing. This Malpas debacle will be what i have to go on, and if we continue to lose points and perform badly without Fitton stepping in and saving us from a dogfight, i'm afraid my opinon of his football nouse will be not so favourable.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 20:28:46 »

Going out and paying big money for Macnamee and Cox suggests to me that he knows what he's doing.

I admire his support for the manager, and his refusal to push thisisstfc's panic button just yet.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #208 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 20:34:02 »

On that Fitton note, as much as he obviously good at doing business and that, i can't have any faith in him football-wise until he proves he knows what he is doing. This Malpas debacle will be what i have to go on, and if we continue to lose points and perform badly without Fitton stepping in and saving us from a dogfight, i'm afraid my opinon of his football nouse will be not so favourable.

All I want is a football team to support and Fitton provides that. If we lose Fitton & co we could lose our football club and it's something I'm not prepared to risk. I also agree with Michael's comments above.

At the moment we're drifting into a relegation battle... But we're also 2 or 3 wins from being out of the equation. Do well in the JPT/FA Cup and a mid-table finish would result in a good season for me.

I probably wouldn't follow football if it was always rosey - or I'd follow a Premiership team where their problems involve drawing away in the Champions League ZZZZ.

I'm not stupid, I know trouble could be on the way and I know I'm a minority in giving Malpas a bit of time... But hey, I should've kept my opinions to myself.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, October 13, 2008, 20:35:11 »

It's just that defence. I ... think the midfield

I disagree with that. I don't think the midfield is functioning to help the defence out as often as it should.

Problem is, we have tried nearly ever combination available in both departments without joy. Not sure what is left to try.

Are we simply not good enough, or is confidence so erroded and formation so confused nobody knows what their job is and nobody will take responsibility? I don't know.

I know I said we should give Malpas time, but I'm close to pushing "the thisis panic button" right now. It's not the fact we have lost 4 league games on the bounce, its the manner of the defeats. If we don't get fired up soon a long relagation dogfight is coming.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: