Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vale hit their 5,000 target  (Read 7002 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #60 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 15:46:42 »

Quote from: "arriba"
Quote from: "Spencer_White"
it's still money up front johnny.loads wont do it.the savings for the town end are quite small.so the turn up on the day lot that go in there will do the same next season.

Stop making excuses.

If we dont make the 6k then it reflects badly on all of us as supporters. I think we are more likely to make 6,000 tickets at £229 than we are to make 14,000 season tickets at £100. Something has to pay the wages.

If we dont make it, then we need to accept weve got shit home support and theres not a lot of potential in the club.

i aint making excuses.i'm telling it how i see it.

I think you are overly negative. The price of south stand season tickets has halfed. But you want to compare us to clubs in some of the most depressed areas in England? Why not compare us to Reading/Oxford/Cheltenham/City/Rovers and Yeovil. Because our board is thrashing the arse off them lot. Not even mentioning the London top flight clubs. If you took into account travel, I rekon for two games at Chelsea you could have a Swindon season ticket. That is proper value. And it makes them who still do it next season look like MUGS.  

From what Ive heard, Town Enders are comming over to the south stand. A lot of lads I know want to have a beer at half time. Plus the atmosphere in there isnt so special anymore. Too many kiddies fast chanting. And of course the view is crap. You only get half a game in the Town End.
Spencer_White

« Reply #61 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 15:49:25 »

no he aint wrong though spencer.
people need to look at it from the non loyal fan perspective.
the savings are good for us not for the non loyals.
the manager,current squad etc,etc all come into play.

I went to all but 2 home games last season. But I didnt have a season ticket.

And most of the blokes I know were the same.

Weve got the same 5,000 turning up every week. All we need is a little top up from part time Town fans.

And even then, from a non loyal fan perspective I still disagree. It is attractive. My dad does about 3 games a season and he's thinking about it.

So yeah he is wrong and so are you.

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 15:53:35 »

i hope you are right spencer.
Spencer_White

« Reply #63 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 16:10:00 »

i hope you are right spencer.

So do I! Good debate all the same.  :thumbs:

Just want to see a bit less apathy, bit of enthusiasm. After all if fucking Port Vale can do it! A club who used to average 3,500 in the mid 1990's in the second tier. And they are the league below us.

Theyve got nothing going for them. Weve got the right owners, all they want to see is that there is a bit of potential in the club. They want to reward the loyal supporters.

If I was Fitton, and we didnt make 6,000. I would cut my losses and sell the club. Because whats the point if theres no enthusiasm for what your trying to achieve?
Lumps

« Reply #64 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 16:14:57 »

I think we should have a better idea over the next couple of weeks. There's a good few people that will have been waiting for their end of May payday and I'd expect a fair jump in the numbers over the next week. Then the deadline for current ST holders seat reservations is on the 16th June, so there should be another flurry around then.

If say 500 of our season tickets are in the TE and aren't fussed about the deadline as they're planning to move to one of the side stands or, knowing the TE, don't know where their allocated seats are anyway because they've never sat in them, then there's still going to be about 1300 existing ST holders likely to buy before the 16th. Bringing us up to about 3500.

Factor in some new sales because of the month end pay day increase and we might have about 4000 by the end of June.

Once we get past that mark there's two ways it might go. Either the sales will snowball as the people that have held off to see if the target and the lower price is achievable get the confidence to buy, or they dry up because there isn't sufficient confidence that it will be met.

It's the disadvantage of this system over the pledge system at PV and the flat its £100 regardless offer being used by the likes of Huddersfield and Bradford. It means the potential buyers that have been persuaded by the offer have to believe the target is realistic and will be met before they put their hands in their pockets.

If we do get to that 6000 target before the deadline just you watch the 4-500 additional sales that will be made immediately after it's announced.

It's a difficult one to call but at the moment I'm quite positive. We only needed about 3000 new season tickets sales to start with and by last night, nine days after going on general sale, they were up to 800 (27%) so not bad.

Oh one other thing that's worth bearing in mind with the Bradford and Huddersfield sales is that in addition to the flat rate cheap nature of the price, whcih is clearly and attraction, all the satellite towns of Leeds fucking hate each other. Bradford selling 15000 tickets at £100 a pop is going to seem like a challenge to the Huddersfield lot and you can guarantee they'll be treating it like a competition.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #65 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 16:37:19 »

not all tickets at huddersfield are £100 and at bradford if they reach 9000 adult season tickets they get another free.
flammableBen

« Reply #66 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 16:40:31 »

One of the problems is that even though the season ticket offer is relatively cheap, football is still expensive. Ten pounds for an afternoons entertainment isn't extortionate, but you have to commit to the entire season to get that price, which is a pretty big deal.

I'm sure a lot of people out there who used to have a season ticket, but who's support has generally waned over the last decade to the point where they either don't go, or maybe only go a few times a season; but I don't think you can turn off and reverse what has been a growing apathy with the club in the space of 6 months and a season ticket offer. It's going to take time for the club to regain it's place as part of the Town, it's done a very good job at distancing itself over the last decade or two.

Just as important next season will match day ticket offers to try and hook back in those who don't want to commit to a whole season; both fans who feel a bit jaded with the club and new fans who've never really been before. Otherwise we're going to end up with a similar support base, maybe slightly bigger, just with a higher percentage of people with season tickets rather than paying on the day.

All that negativity aside, I'm become more hopeful that we'll hit the 6000. I didn't think we would to start off with, but I'm starting to change my mind. That said, I don't think the season ticket offer the be all and end all of turning the club around, it's going to take time to re-establish itself, and I'm sure (well, hopeful) that Fitton realises this and is patient enough for the job.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #67 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 16:49:01 »

i said it before if it was £5 a match some would say it should be £2.50 for christs sake what can you do for £10.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 16:49:51 »

Quote from: "JOHNNY REEVES"
i said it before if it was £5 a match some would say it should be £2.50 for christs sake what can you do for £10.

Cheesburger and a couple of pints.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #69 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 16:54:06 »

Quote from: "donkey"

you don,t get a 1969 replica shirt and 10% off in the club shop ,we,re talking about £20 a month and thats for an adult.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 16:56:10 »

you don,t get a 1969 replica shirt and 10% off in the club shop ,we,re talking about £20 a month and thats for an adult.

Jonny, I agree with your sentiment Smiley , but was answering your question Cool .

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #71 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 16:59:33 »

Jonny, I agree with your sentiment Smiley , but was answering your question Cool .
you nearly put me off the ticket ,the cheeseburger and a couple of pints are very good value. Soapy Tit Wank
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #72 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 20:06:31 »

As long as this promotion gets more season ticket holders than we've had in recent seasons, then it's a good thing
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 21:57:54 »

Quote from: Spencer_White

If I was Fitton, and we didnt make 6,000. I would cut my losses and sell the club. Because whats the point if theres no enthusiasm for what your trying to achieve?

I agree.  Can't flog a dead horse so to speak.

If we don't make 6000 its a joke.

Vales average attendances this season were far far less and if they can get 5,000 we can get 6k.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #74 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 22:20:51 »

I agree to an extent however Fitton is in no major rush to get into the Championship next year and the owners don't want Prem football at the moment. They should expect the club to build off the pitch as equally as fast as it builds on it.

A bigger crowd will not happen overnight as some may think. Fitton has to know the people of Swindon are a stubborn bunch of armchair fans.

It's not a joke if we don't make 6000 it's a joke that a town of this size and with an average wealth to go along with it, do not already make our crowds a decent size.

Fitton doesn't lose out profits wise if we don't get to 6k because I can see us getting a sizeable number anyway. What will be the real test is sustainability. It's all very well getting people through the gates but if they fuck off after one season it's a pointless exercise.

I don't think there is much in the way of a conclusion to this post either  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: