Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vale hit their 5,000 target  (Read 7024 times)
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #30 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:20:07 »

another thing both my boys play in football tornaments this time of year ,if they targeted some of these the word would spread.teams travel from all over with families watching them ,just think of the potential.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:22:29 »

non supporters wont shell out over 200 quid for season tickets.it would be a waste of the clubs money printing leaflets etc.
anyone with even a slight interest in the club must now know of the situation at stfc?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:24:16 »

Can someone explain how port vale are running their scheme?

From what I've read they've got 5000 "pledges" not 5,000 sales currently
neville w

« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:31:15 »

I think that they required 5000 pledges to then sell the ST's at the reduced price. I deduce from that that it'll be a one off payment for the full amount. Interesting to see how they ensure pledges become purchases.

I think we've gone about it in a better way, (from the club's POV). as we already have an upfront payment and a second variable instalment. No chance of cop-outs, or at least if it is it's at the individual's cost
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:32:33 »

anyone with a slight interest probably does which with our average attendance being just over 7000 last season take the away fans off you,d need eveyone who went to most games to buy a season  ticket.do you think huddersfield had 16000 fans who had a slight interest,they got them with every advertising  method they could.
neville w

« Reply #35 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:34:25 »

Quote from: "JOHNNY REEVES"
anyone with a slight interest probably does which with our average attendance being just over 7000 last season take the away fans off you,d need eveyone who went to most games to buy a season  ticket.do you think huddersfield had 16000 fans who had a slight interest,they got them with every advertising  method they could.

I think the ploy "£99 "was good enough (or whatever the exact figure was)

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:34:29 »

huddersfield are flogging adult tickets for £100.£226 aint as tempting an offer
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:38:30 »

another thing both my boys play in football tornaments this time of year ,if they targeted some of these the word would spread.teams travel from all over with families watching them ,just think of the potential.

Johnny, FWIW I know there are plans to have a presence at some of the larger 6-a-side tournaments in the area this summer, although I'm not sure which atm.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #38 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:41:27 »

Quote from: "arriba"
they were hopeing to reach the record 14000 sales from the 70,s by last friday.they sold over 16000 by that deadline so now are selling them at the same price for 1 more week.They targeted towns each time further away from huddersfield with advertising ,do you think they have wasted money?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:42:35 »

non supporters wont shell out over 200 quid for season tickets.it would be a waste of the clubs money printing leaflets etc.
anyone with even a slight interest in the club must now know of the situation at stfc?

Not our experience when we did the pub crawl at all. As I've said before there's lots of people who do have "a slight interest" but who don't necessarily religiously read the Adver sports pages and/or internet forums. It's people like that that the marketing over the summer is being aimed at
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #40 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:43:43 »

pauld good to hear,a lot of people attend these events.

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:44:31 »

they were hopeing to reach the record 14000 sales from the 70,s by last friday.they sold over 16000 by that deadline so now are selling them at the same price for 1 more week.They targeted towns each time further away from huddersfield with advertising ,do you think they have wasted money?

the price sold the tickets for them.ours are more than double in price.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:48:29 »

bear in mind that they are poor and nothern though. You can buy a lot of gravy and pints of mild for £100 you know

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:48:42 »

Quote from: "pauld"

Not our experience when we did the pub crawl at all. As I've said before there's lots of people who do have "a slight interest" but who don't necessarily religiously read the Adver sports pages and/or internet forums. It's people like that that the marketing over the summer is being aimed at

good luck with it.i really hope i am wrong with regard to getting the numbers.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #44 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:49:29 »

but we,re going for 6000 ,they have 10000 more than that already i don,t think if it was £100 we would sell out ,more probably some would say it should be £50.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: