Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vale hit their 5,000 target  (Read 6974 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 18:11:45 »

Didn't Nick W say there would only be one Friday game around Xmas as a trial?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 18:17:13 »

Quote from: "suttonred"
Didn't Nick W say there would only be one Friday game around Xmas as a trial?

Not sure exactly what was said, but I'd be very surprised if we had more than two or three Friday matches next year. Unless we happen to do very well and Sky insist...
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 09:12:45 »

I haven't got mine yet, I see no current reason to rush. I will renew my "last 6" ticket before 16th June, put it on the plastic, & then pay it off (hopefully), but until then I see no urgency. I suspect a lot are the same. Come the 16th we will have an idea.
Thegreat thing about the deal is that people will need to decide BEFORE the season, whether they will buy a ST at the discount price. Getting one after the 1st August if we are doing well just doesn't make sense to me. Why not get one before at a discount & help bring about that success. As I see it, if we can get large crowds, that will help the team, which will attract more one off punters. It's almost a self fulfilling prophecy.
Generally tho' I accept that it would take a lot for a "first timer" to commit to a season ticket. However there are 10's of thousands around who are part time followers/ supporters who have gone in the past (Wembley for example) but can't afford to go any more... (Probably got kids etc)... Well now that has changed & it is THEM that need to be targetted. Wonder if the club have a data base from 1993? (Pig flys by window).
Assuming that we hit the 6,000 tho' I would suggest that retaining support from once in a while punters, would be easier, as hopefully the atmosphere will be better.  maybe then the offer could be repeated next season, but with a higher target ?

From the Dark Side
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 09:15:34 »

Wonder if the club have a data base from 1993? (Pig flys by window).

Seriously, how many clubs our size do you think will have details of people who bought tickets 15 years ago?

Things get better but they never get good
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 09:19:41 »

How many people are living  in the same house they were 15 years ago anyway? Probably 1%

/
W56196272
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 09:22:08 »

Even better Orvil, just address it to "Current home owner" in STFC branded envelopes then.  More people who see they offer the better.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 09:39:19 »

Of 2000 sold, 800 are from first timers so far which by my poor maths leaves around 2,100 exisiting still to renew, which by proportion will mean around 1200 more new which would total  around 5300 sold, so we will need to get pushing by whatever means.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 09:57:54 »

If we get to 5,000 I can see the board saying thanks by honouring the agreement.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 10:05:54 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Even better Orvil, just address it to "Current home owner" in STFC branded envelopes then.  More people who see they offer the better.

well if they are doing that just send them to everyone in Swindon,or get the fans to leaflet their streets,the wholw database thing is irrelevant

/
W56196272
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 10:12:50 »

Good point, well made.

Bloody database, who's idea was that?
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 10:31:36 »

It was an off the cuff remark. Mainly to illustrate that we have a large but latent fan base. What I should have asked was how far back does the data base go.
I know when I've ordered tickets in the past over the phone, that they have already had my address on the system. I don't know if that was because I previously had an ST or if I had previously ordered a ticket tho'.
Whilst I understand that there may not be a need to mail out to CURRENT season ticket holders, I think that it Iwould be worth mailing out to those who have bought tickets over the past few years, not nessecarily those who have only bought a one off, or those who have bought 20 a season, but the ones who have gone on occasion.

From the Dark Side
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 10:33:51 »

Chill Phil, it's not an issue man!!!  As corporate speak goes "there's no such thing as a bad idea" or should that be question?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 10:45:29 »

Quote from: "Phil_S"
It was an off the cuff remark. Mainly to illustrate that we have a large but latent fan base. What I should have asked was how far back does the data base go.
I know when I've ordered tickets in the past over the phone, that they have already had my address on the system. I don't know if that was because I previously had an ST or if I had previously ordered a ticket tho'.
Whilst I understand that there may not be a need to mail out to CURRENT season ticket holders, I think that it Iwould be worth mailing out to those who have bought tickets over the past few years, not nessecarily those who have only bought a one off, or those who have bought 20 a season, but the ones who have gone on occasion.

It covers both, I'll be pretty disappointed not to get something through the post as a reminder, although I'm sure they will have thought of that
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 11:38:11 »

Great to see that 40% of STs sold so far are new ones. If the trend continues and everybody renews, that means we will be pushing the 6000 mark. Hopefully a few of the renewals will bring somebody new aswell just to push us over the finish line!
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #29 on: Friday, May 30, 2008, 13:13:57 »

put a flyer in all the free papers.they would be more interesting than the comet,curry,s and somerfield crap!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: