Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vale hit their 5,000 target  (Read 7003 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 12:45:40 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/port_vale/7423934.stm

With a day to spare.  Hope ours isn't going as well because we got ages rather than lack of interest!
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 13:15:14 »

the aug 1 deadline takes away any excuse not to get one,the only thing i,m surprized about is the lack of real advertising.It will be a bit embaressing if we don,t get 6000+ it will show there,s only around 4-5000 supporters in swindon who are not only loyal but are not tightasses and want something for nothing.KEEP THE FAITH.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 13:17:17 »

Quote from: "JOHNNY REEVES"
the aug 1 deadline takes away any excuse not to get one,the only thing i,m surprized about is the lack of real advertising.It will be a bit embaressing if we don,t get 6000+ it will show there,s only around 4-5000 supporters in swindon who are not only loyal but are not tightasses and want something for nothing.KEEP THE FAITH.
The club has advertising campaigns planned throughout the summer, and we are 1/3 of the way to our target with 2 months to go. I'm not going anywhere near that panic button just yet
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 13:24:14 »

What gets on my tits is when excuses are made for the total apathy of Swindon inhabitants, like when people say the reason we get such shit crowds is because a lot of people have moved into the town from elsewhere and already support another team. That is total bollocks, the problem is that they can't be fucking bothered.

If we managed to get to the Play-off final they'd all soon remember they were Town fans then, cunts.

If we don't get 6000 we better get used to be a League 1 team (At best) and, tbh, that's all the town will deserve.................

It's All Good..............
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 13:25:46 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Quote from: "JOHNNY REEVES"
The club has advertising campaigns planned throughout the summer, and we are 1/3 of the way to our target with 2 months to go. I'm not going anywhere near that panic button just yet
good to hear,i,m not panicking but when the prices were announced people at work were saying how good the prices were and how they were going to get one but with the deadline being so generous it gives them time to cool off the idea.Hopefully they and others like them are not just full of shit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 14:43:12 »

The Stoke conurbation is interesting right now....the BNP now holds 9 seats on the local council...it made 3 gains earlier in the month.   However Burslem remains Labour loyal.....maybe this tells us something of PV fans.
neville w

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 15:20:39 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
The Stoke conurbation is interesting right now....the BNP now holds 9 seats on the local council...it made 3 gains earlier in the month.   However Burslem remains Labour loyal.....maybe this tells us something of PV fans.

This Reg ? floghorse
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 16:24:42 »

Tbh if Vale can hit 5,000 then there is no reason we can't hit 6k.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 16:40:48 »

i think people should accept that all clubs have glory hunters.currently there aint alot to intice people here imo.its a great deal for regulars but thats it.
yes tickets are cheaper, but many wont want to go to every game.and others dont really think we have much of a team worth watching week in, week out.over £200 is still alot for a non regular to shell out upfront.

if we win games then gates will rise.no matter what the prices are.but i'd like to see a reduction on matchday prices introduced once they have failed to get the 6000 season tickets.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 17:29:57 »

Perhaps people are holding out to see who our new additions will be?

I hope we make it, I really do!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 17:31:24 »

I think a fair few people have been holding out till they get paid as much as anything!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 17:31:53 »

Quote from: "pauld"
I think a fair few people have been holding out till they get paid as much as anything!

Good point.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 17:36:21 »

Wish I had. Lloyds are wankers. £15 overdrawn, for one day on an account that has never, ever been overdrawn in 15 years and I get stung for it.

Time to move banks, when I can be arsed.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 17:37:28 »

People are also waiting for the fixture list, particularly out of towners like myself, as i'll make a dozen games at best  as i struggle to do the midweek ones. I've spoken to my brother today who doesn't drive and he is waiting for another long time season ticket holder in newbury area to confirm he's got his before committing himself (so he can get a lift), so a multitude of reasons. I would expect brisk business tonight and saturday though as payday is here.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 18:01:08 »

Quote from: "suttonred"
People are also waiting for the fixture list, particularly out of towners like myself, as i'll make a dozen games at best  as i struggle to do the midweek ones. I've spoken to my brother today who doesn't drive and he is waiting for another long time season ticket holder in newbury area to confirm he's got his before committing himself (so he can get a lift), so a multitude of reasons. I would expect brisk business tonight and saturday though as payday is here.
i know one person waiting for the fixtures and he got 4 others waiting for him,he plays saturday footy and thinks we may well have a few friday night matches enabeling him to attend more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: