Pages: 1 ... 2628 2629 2630 [2631] 2632 2633 2634 ... 4042   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9329638 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #39450 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 17:49:25 »

We appear to agree then! Cheesy

Nice to see your mate on Points West😁

You just gotta keep livin man!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #39451 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 18:25:37 »

Nice to see your mate on Points West😁

Well and truly barking up the wrong tree there..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #39452 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 18:27:36 »

Well and truly barking up the wrong tree there..

He's mates with Rob Hartley

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #39453 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 18:35:31 »

He's mates with Rob Hartley

Ha, I read it as "Nice to see you mate on Points West"  My bad..

I don't see what the problem is with Rob Hartley, I don't get why lots of people have a problem with him being at the games and co-commentating.  Complaining about his co-commentating skills is fair enough, I just don't get the outrage at him being able to attend the games..

Maybe it's just me..
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 18:37:56 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #39454 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 18:43:00 »

Ha, I read it as "Nice to see you mate on Points West"  My bad..

I don't see what the problem is with Rob Hartley, I don't get why lots of people have a problem with him being at the games and co-commentating.  Complaining about his co-commentating skills is fair enough, I just don't get the outrage at him being able to attend the games..

Maybe it's just me..

I'm the same and think he's decent on the radio and really knowledgeable. I also don't mind Hockady but many feel the same about him

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39455 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 19:13:23 »

Ha, I read it as "Nice to see you mate on Points West"  My bad..

I don't see what the problem is with Rob Hartley, I don't get why lots of people have a problem with him being at the games and co-commentating.  Complaining about his co-commentating skills is fair enough, I just don't get the outrage at him being able to attend the games..

Maybe it's just me..
No, I wholly agree. I put it down to COVID frustration, everyone's a lot more easily outraged these days (except for me, I was always easily outraged Smiley )
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #39456 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 19:14:48 »

I think i may have sussed out the issue with Hartley. Up until recently, he has been great, but that has been on things we can't see so we have to trust the commentary. Once you start watching the games yourself but he is the commentary it's easy to start disagreeing with what he says. He thought Smith was poor the other day and just before half time said we were struggling to see much of the ball despite having over 70 percent. I do like him but thought he was very negative the other night
Flashheart

« Reply #39457 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 19:20:51 »

I don't recall if I disagreed with him previously while also watching. I might have just put it down to me reading the game differently, until other people pointed it out as well on Saturday. (It's not just me then!)

He 'sounds' good. Fluent, articulate, and sounds knowledgable, which I think might be deceiving.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #39458 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 20:24:55 »

Hartley > Hockaday. Enough said.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #39459 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 20:45:30 »

I think i may have sussed out the issue with Hartley. Up until recently, he has been great, but that has been on things we can't see so we have to trust the commentary. Once you start watching the games yourself but he is the commentary it's easy to start disagreeing with what he says. He thought Smith was poor the other day and just before half time said we were struggling to see much of the ball despite having over 70 percent. I do like him but thought he was very negative the other night

I just think if he is going to commentate in that fashion about a player then you must know what you are talking about ! Not the fact that he actually does because in the first half 2 players shut Smith down both inside and outside plus the centre half pushed up when he tried to go inside creating a 3 around him but still dinked it onto one of our strikers heads. Switching to the left in the 2nd half meant 4 separate crosses across the goalkeeper with Tyler inches away at the end which Wellens even acknowledged.

Negative commentating with poor football knowledge is not conducive to the role he  is occupying. Not good from a fellow supporter but then we all have our viewpoint but not on a public platform.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #39460 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 20:52:20 »

Will Henry signs for Bath City
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #39461 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 20:58:45 »

I just think if he is going to commentate in that fashion about a player then you must know what you are talking about ! Not the fact that he actually does because in the first half 2 players shut Smith down both inside and outside plus the centre half pushed up when he tried to go inside creating a 3 around him but still dinked it onto one of our strikers heads. Switching to the left in the 2nd half meant 4 separate crosses across the goalkeeper with Tyler inches away at the end which Wellens even acknowledged.

Negative commentating with poor football knowledge is not conducive to the role he  is occupying. Not good from a fellow supporter but then we all have our viewpoint but not on a public platform.

Tough job for an amateur, likely unpaid, commentator. He won’t please thousands of fans at once, and may even get his Smiths mixed up. I strongly suspect Jonny Smith will become a fans favourite in no time at all (so I wouldn’t worry, Mr S).
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #39462 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 23:32:33 »

Tough job for an amateur, likely unpaid, commentator. He won’t please thousands of fans at once, and may even get his Smiths mixed up. I strongly suspect Jonny Smith will become a fans favourite in no time at all (so I wouldn’t worry, Mr S).

Absolutely. I have no reason to dislike the Jam man but he does get things wrong a bit too often, even though he does present quite well. I have similar doubts with Andrew Hawes...I think he is a much better interviewer and post-match presser etc. He also did/does usually ask a few more pressing questions. Even if done with a sense of nervousness (it's how he comes across to me) but he does sometimes ask the difficult stuff. As a live match commentator he's not so great.

I would just say it comes down to who is better in two different mediums of broadcast. Some are better with all the prep and note taking to then ask things of relevance later on, whereas some are much better at ad hoc and ad lib commentary. The quick wittedness to deliver a line in that moment with no real preparation. Yes, you can maybe have a script of sorts to reference in live broadcast but most often, a live event doesn't stick to the script per se but even if it does follow, it still has to be delivered in a way that makes us feel that we are there with them. Barry Davies was a master at this.

"Lee...Interesting...Veryyy interesting! Ohhh...look at his face. Just look at his face. "

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #39463 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 23:38:19 »

Oh bollox. Take your own medicine bamboo! Transfer Rumours...

Still think that the American lot will suddenly come out of the woodwork but then what happens with Clem's part in all this...and his awaiting of shares? He's still not listed anywhere official, regarding this.

US link...

Eric Lichaj on loan from some Turkish side.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #39464 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 06:00:17 »

Absolutely. I have no reason to dislike the Jam man but he does get things wrong a bit too often, even though he does present quite well. I have similar doubts with Andrew Hawes...I think he is a much better interviewer and post-match presser etc. He also did/does usually ask a few more pressing questions. Even if done with a sense of nervousness (it's how he comes across to me) but he does sometimes ask the difficult stuff. As a live match commentator he's not so great.

I would just say it comes down to who is better in two different mediums of broadcast. Some are better with all the prep and note taking to then ask things of relevance later on, whereas some are much better at ad hoc and ad lib commentary. The quick wittedness to deliver a line in that moment with no real preparation. Yes, you can maybe have a script of sorts to reference in live broadcast but most often, a live event doesn't stick to the script per se but even if it does follow, it still has to be delivered in a way that makes us feel that we are there with them. Barry Davies was a master at this.

"Lee...Interesting...Veryyy interesting! Ohhh...look at his face. Just look at his face. "

One thing I would say is that I think commentating for ratio and tv are different. Ifollow are tacking a radio commentary onto pictures, so it's not gonna work 100%. It would be interesting to hear the difference if the commentary was just for tv.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 2628 2629 2630 [2631] 2632 2633 2634 ... 4042   Go Up
Print
Jump to: