Pages: 1 ... 2724 2725 2726 [2727] 2728 2729 2730 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8961846 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #40890 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:36:12 »

Hope wouldn't surprise me, has always given his all but just doesn't quite cut it in league 1.

A.Grant could be a sacrifice if we need to free up budget.
This.

I love Grant but hes not been fully fit since the summer and on a high wage I would imagine, would free up wages, Hope has been pretty good at times but all too often is a passenger and doesn't fit into this team shape currently.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyler go back to Sheff Utd if it means freeing up a loan space but if hes willing to stay and possibly not even make the bench due to loan limitations then I would prefer to keep him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40891 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:37:44 »

Hope i can see.

Grant wuld be a massive surprise, even if his form has been a little off (injured or feeling the pace in L1?). Yes he may be a wage sacrifice. Its just that Lyden has been made of BarryCorronium so far - so I assume we are getting a replacement.

IF that's true.

Still a big surprise. I'd be P'd off, but if it gets us player(s) in that keep us up then it'll soon change to the "transfer work of a genuis"
Crackity Jones

« Reply #40892 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:41:59 »

Hope I can see going for game time, letting Grant go though would just be stupid as we'd be back to only 2 central midfielders at the club, one of which is Lyden who can't stay fit. Palmer doesn't have the same defensive focus as Grant, Lyden and M Smith so he's a slightly different type of player IMO.

Jonny Smith and Tyler Smith are the obvious sacrifices to allow a new loan striker.
this is how I would see it as well. 
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #40893 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:44:34 »

Hopefully they are getting their Grants confused..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #40894 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:46:09 »

Hope I can see going for game time, letting Grant go though would just be stupid as we'd be back to only 2 central midfielders at the club, one of which is Lyden who can't stay fit. Palmer doesn't have the same defensive focus as Grant, Lyden and M Smith so he's a slightly different type of player IMO.

Jonny Smith and Tyler Smith are the obvious sacrifices to allow a new loan striker.
Palmer, Lyden, M Smith, Payne also Haines when he returns from his loan and Conroy can fit in the middle, I expect we wills sign a new midfielder anyway.

And you really don't rate Johnny Smith do you? he has been picked by Sheridan every game he has been fully fit for as he was not fully fit on Saturday.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40895 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:49:40 »

If we let Grant go, we’d have to have an upgrade lined up.

Whilst he hasn’t been on top form he’s not exactly deadwood that hasn’t been getting a game.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40896 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:50:43 »

Hopefully they are getting their Grants confused..
I would happily release Joel Grant to free up funds, I still hope the real Grant stays but if he has been deemed surplus for whatever reasons and it allows us to sign better then so be it.

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #40897 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:52:33 »

If we let Grant go, we’d have to have an upgrade lined up.

Whilst he hasn’t been on top form he’s not exactly deadwood that hasn’t been getting a game.

I agree. I would only be happy if we have a replacement
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #40898 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:56:30 »

Palmer, Lyden, M Smith, Payne also Haines when he returns from his loan and Conroy can fit in the middle, I expect we wills sign a new midfielder anyway.

And you really don't rate Johnny Smith do you? he has been picked by Sheridan every game he has been fully fit for as he was not fully fit on Saturday.
Haines is at Hereford, Conroy is our best Centre Back and Payne isn't a centre midfiielder, he's more of a number 10 and not remotely comparable to M Smith, Grant and Lyden.

As for J Smith, he hasn't had a decent game since the start of November when he got sent off, he has zero end product so I don't see the point, he's going to be an impact sub at best plus he constantly seems to be injured. He's also not our player so not like trying to develop him is our priority.
REDBUCK

« Reply #40899 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:59:03 »

It'll be interesting to see if J Smith gets back in on Saturday given we played well last game

Assuming he's fit and we play obviously.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40900 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 12:02:12 »

It'll be interesting to see if J Smith gets back in on Saturday given we played well last game

Assuming he's fit and we play obviously.

Injuries permitting it should 100% be the same XI.
It will be interesting how attacking Palmer is without an already booked after 5 minutes Caddis behind him (assuming Caddis doesn’t get booked in the first 5 minutes again)

J.Smith for Palmer with 20 to go if we need a goal makes sense to me...
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #40901 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 12:10:42 »

J Smith is a strange one for me as he has shown elsewhere he does have an end product i just think we are not the club for him. 1 assist is not a good enough return from him no matter how it's presented
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40902 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 12:13:41 »

I hear Port Vale are back in pursuit of Hallam Hope again after the long term injury to Pope.

Apparently they made an offer in the Summer but it was turned down.

Currently between managers but caretaker Danny Pugh is said to favourite to get the job till the end of the season assisted by Frank Sinclair and ex Town player Billy Paynter.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #40903 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 12:17:20 »

J Smith is a strange one for me as he has shown elsewhere he does have an end product i just think we are not the club for him. 1 assist is not a good enough return from him no matter how it's presented

I just don’t think he’s taken the step up a league very well unfortunately.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #40904 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 12:18:20 »

1 assist is not a good enough return from him no matter how it's presented
Dom Thompson got more assists on Saturday than Stevens and J Smith combined which speaks volumes!
Pages: 1 ... 2724 2725 2726 [2727] 2728 2729 2730 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: