Pages: 1 ... 2256 2257 2258 [2259] 2260 2261 2262 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8934304 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #33870 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 14:37:09 »

Yep, so Doyle may want to cuddle a few of the Townenders, but you are not worth 6 months at 4k per week, or whatever he is reported to be on.  Know your place fans.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 15:25:39 by RobertT » Logged
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #33871 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 14:45:34 »

yeah i guess he'd have to really, really want to be here to do that. Though the whole thing still seems unfinished to me, at least until we sign another goal getter I suppose.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #33872 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 15:14:12 »

He'll probably end up at Salford next season.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #33873 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 15:19:14 »

He'll probably end up at Salford next season.

Yep. Close enough to his Liverpool base. Able to fund his large wages. Shame, as I don’t really want to like them.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #33874 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 15:28:54 »

Not sure if I'm missing something here. But if pele really wanted to come back here couldn't he just hand in a transfer request? " I want to leave for swindon, please take their offer or I walk for nothing in the summer"   ...just a thought.

He's got his future reputation to think of as well and what if he fails to agree terms at stfc, very rare players force a move, and if he asks for transfer he will forgoe bonus payments etc I expect
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33875 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 15:31:02 »

yeah i guess he'd have to really, really want to be here to do that. Though the whole thing still seems unfinished to me, at least until we sign another goal getter I suppose.

There is much riding on this for a lot of people, if Doyle stays put yet goes to crap at Bradford for the rest of the season, whilst he might earn the rest of his contract there it would likely make Sept-Dec look like a potential one off and diminish the contract he may get elsewhere next summer for say another two years.

Likewise if Bowyer cannot get the best out of him it has the potential to bugger his chances of managerial progression up, what chairman is going to trust him to spend cash when the top form highest scorer in the league lands in his lap and he doesn't have the managerial nouse to accommodate him?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33876 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 15:34:43 »

There is much riding on this for a lot of people, if Doyle stays put yet goes to crap at Bradford for the rest of the season, whilst he might earn the rest of his contract there it would likely make Sept-Dec look like a potential one off and diminish the contract he may get elsewhere next summer for say another two years.

Likewise if Bowyer cannot get the best out of him it has the potential to bugger his chances of managerial progression up, what chairman is going to trust him to spend cash when the top form highest scorer in the league lands in his lap and he doesn't have the managerial nouse to accommodate him?
So, all in all it's in everyone's best interest that he comes here for a nominal fee really.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33877 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 15:39:00 »

So, all in all it's in everyone's best interest that he comes here for a nominal fee really.

Possibly, but cannot really see how Bowyer can even spin that in his favour TBH, the only winners in all this are those who like to knock one out regarding Power not investing in the club and having no ambition.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #33878 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 15:45:05 »

Yep. Close enough to his Liverpool base. Able to fund his large wages. Shame, as I don’t really want to like them.

I'll be a fan of Doyle wherever he goes unless he's against us. Salford will be investing heavily to get to the Championship so at least he might get a couple of promotions if they do it quickly.

All hypothetical though, but I could see it happening!

The STFC Rumours account tweeted that a medical was done. For who? No idea.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33879 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 15:46:59 »

The STFC Rumours account tweeted that a medical was done. For who? No idea.
And the account probably doesn't either, or even if there was one. Although I suppose someone somewhere will have been having a medical Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33880 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 15:47:22 »

Bowyer is between a rock and a hard place.

Play him and he doesn’t perform makes Bowyer a twat.

Sell him and he carries on scoring makes Bowyer a twat.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #33881 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 15:49:31 »

And the account probably doesn't either, or even if there was one. Although I suppose someone somewhere will have been having a medical Smiley

Exactly, so he's not wrong! Wink
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #33882 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 16:05:29 »

Possibly, but cannot really see how Bowyer can even spin that in his favour TBH, the only winners in all this are those who like to knock one out regarding Power not investing in the club and having no ambition.
The only way Bradford can come out of this with any credit or benefit really is to play him and he start scoring goals for them.

He has already shown in one game that his head doesn't seem to be in the right place for them. He doesn't fit their long ball game and that game does not fit his style.

So either Bradford bite the bullet and let him come to us for another loan with us covering the same amount or more of his wages, that way they at least don't have to pay his contract fully until he leaves in the Summer.

Or they keep him on the bench and occassionally play him hoping he hits some form, that way they pay all of his wages until the end of the  season this would only be to spite him and Swindon. This would benefit Bradford in so much as they have stopped him scoring goals for 1 of the 23 league rivals.

Or they sell him to us for a smaller fee than they are currently asking so he can sign for us, that way they get him off the wage bill totally. This would benefit Bradford, Swindon and Doyle.

Or they free him from his contract now meaning he can sign for us till the end of the season. That way they have paid his contract up and he can sign for us. This would benefit Doyle and Swindon but not Bradford.

Bowyer must be the first manager in history to have no benefit to him at all in having the leading scorer in the country on their books.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33883 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 16:08:33 »

Bowyer must be praying he breaks his leg in training.

Nobody gets Doyle!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33884 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 16:10:35 »

The only way Bradford can come out of this with any credit or benefit really is to play him and he start scoring goals for them.

He has already shown in one game that his head doesn't seem to be in the right place for them. He doesn't fit their long ball game and that game does not fit his style.

So either Bradford bite the bullet and let him come to us for another loan with us covering the same amount or more of his wages, that way they at least don't have to pay his contract fully until he leaves in the Summer.

Or they keep him on the bench and occassionally play him hoping he hits some form, that way they pay all of his wages until the end of the  season this would only be to spite him and Swindon. This would benefit Bradford in so much as they have stopped him scoring goals for 1 of the 23 league rivals.

Or they sell him to us for a smaller fee than they are currently asking so he can sign for us, that way they get him off the wage bill totally. This would benefit Bradford, Swindon and Doyle.

Or they free him from his contract now meaning he can sign for us till the end of the season. That way they have paid his contract up and he can sign for us. This would benefit Doyle and Swindon but not Bradford.

Bowyer must be the first manager in history to have no benefit to him at all in having the leading scorer in the country on their books.
Or the speculation all ends, allowing him to knuckle down and get his head into being at Bradford and he starts scoring again. Not really fair to judge it on the back of one game with all this going on.
Pages: 1 ... 2256 2257 2258 [2259] 2260 2261 2262 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: