Pages: 1 ... 2035 2036 2037 [2038] 2039 2040 2041 ... 3984   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9148287 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #30555 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 08:04:46 »

With these new signing being made so early, what are people going to moan about?!

It's already started... "all cheap kids", "too many loans"...

It's clear that most senior pros will move later in the window. It's also clear we will have a core squad of 20 and then 4-5 loans, just like everyone else at this level. It's also obvious that some players are signed to be first-team "stars", others are providing cover.

Why people can't just chill and wait to see how the squad shapes up is completely beyond me.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 08:11:37 by Panda Paws » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30556 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 08:19:50 »

It's already started... "all cheap kids", "too many loans"...

It's clear that most senior pros will move later in the window. It's also clear we will have a core squad of 20 and then 4-5 loans, just like everyone else at this level. It's also obvious that some players are signed to be first-team "stars", others are providing cover.

Why people can't just chill and wait to see how the squad shapes up is completely beyond me.

The only thing that's clear, is that apart from probably Flitcroft's necessary journeyman haul in 17/18, the recent recruitment has been lacking... 16/17 got us relegated from Div 3 and 18/19 got us our lowest position since 83/84.

There's a bit more to it than just having numbers..... you need the right sort in the right places. Of course it would be for the best if we just clocked of until late July as used to happen but it isn't going to happen nowadays.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30557 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 08:23:17 »

we're looking for signs of intent in the marquee.
Cheesy very good
Flashheart

« Reply #30558 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 08:24:31 »

On Adam May

Potential to be a good midfielder, just couldn’t break into our first team after a decent loan out to aldershot.

Morning mate, yes a good player, needs first team football but can do a good job for you

Anybody know what type of midfielder he is?

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #30559 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 08:29:50 »

Another inexperienced youngster on loan.....
Back in 2010, we signed a 20 year old midfielder on loan from Portsmouth that hadn’t played much league football. I’m not sure what happened to him? I think the name was Ritchie.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30560 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 08:38:47 »

Always been a problem with a lot of Town fans.

No patience and also many fans seem to think we are way bigger than what we actually are so want players they have heard of, not up and coming youngsters.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30561 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 08:44:35 »

Another inexperienced youngster on loan.....
Back in 2010, we signed a 20 year old midfielder on loan from Portsmouth that hadn’t played much league football. I’m not sure what happened to him? I think the name was Ritchie.

However Matt made 4 sub appearances that season as we nearly took auto from Div 3.... that's how ideally you want to do it, get a kid in have a look and don't rely too much on him.

We know the following season, when he did play over 30 games we went down..... however in this instance we were let down by the experienced players rather than the kid
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30562 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 08:50:01 »

On Adam May

Anybody know what type of midfielder he is?
he is a 6 foot box to box midfielder who has an eye for a goal.

Can fill in at fullback too.

Suffered some abuse from Pompey fans early in his career but has come along well since then.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/pompey-supporters-rally-behind-adam-may-1-8532178

Turned down a loan move last season after his loan deal at Aldershot was cut short by Pompey.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/adam-may-ready-to-fight-for-portsmouth-place-after-rejecting-loan-moves-1-8630595

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30563 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 08:51:03 »

Always been a problem with a lot of Town fans.

No patience and also many fans seem to think we are way bigger than what we actually are so want players they have heard of, not up and coming youngsters.
I think there's also a deliberate agenda to provoke discontent from some of the more prominent contributors on the FB group.
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #30564 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 08:51:36 »

Timi Elsnik has been released, would anyone want him back?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #30565 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 08:53:36 »

Based on two years ago, yes. Not sure how he got on last year but would be a good addition. That said, we don't want a squad full of CMs again...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30566 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 09:00:18 »

I think there's also a deliberate agenda to provoke discontent from some of the more prominent contributors on the FB group.
Oh you are definately correct there, stir the melting pot a little more etc.
Did quite well for us before the injury, outstanding at times but did very poorly at Mansfield last season under Flipflop, would fill the same role as Adam May will fill so doubt he is even under consideration.

If there is room in the budget I would get him in though, has potential.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30567 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 09:02:11 »

Did quite well for us before the injury, outstanding at times but did very poorly at Mansfield last season under Flipflop,
Think that's the key thing, never looked the same player afterwards either for us or Mansfield
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30568 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 09:03:47 »

Suffered some abuse from Pompey fans early in his career but has come along well since then.
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/pompey-supporters-rally-behind-adam-may-1-8532178

At least he'll be used to it then.....
Peter Venkman

« Reply #30569 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 09:03:59 »

Think that's the key thing, never looked the same player afterwards either for us or Mansfield
He seemed to lose some pace and was too scared to use his shooting boots after the injury.

Before then he was letting fly from 20/30 yards every game and many hitting the target and either saved or going in.

That seemed to have disappeared when he came back, he was a passenger against us for Mansfield too, looked well off the pace.

Pages: 1 ... 2035 2036 2037 [2038] 2039 2040 2041 ... 3984   Go Up
Print
Jump to: