Pages: 1 ... 1545 1546 1547 [1548] 1549 1550 1551 ... 4021   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9236091 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23205 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 17:04:01 »

Swindon interested in signing lomas was the rumour
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23206 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 17:04:32 »

or was it ajose should Charlton sell up.. yeah that was it
Panda Paws

« Reply #23207 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 17:06:38 »

Twas Skybet League 1 twitter

'Twas a "fake".
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #23208 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 17:53:10 »

'Twas a "fake".
Seems to me,  with three days already gone the influx we all expected doesn't seem to be happening.  Plenty of rumours but absolutely nothing concrete coming from the CG.  Not sure if everyone there has gone into hibernation but if they don't wake up soon any 'reasonable' players with already have been snapped up.
Unless there is some massive announcement around the corner - with the current shite we already have WE ARE DOOMED.
Definate 6 pointer Saturday,  Could be the last game of the season for many if things don't change soon !!!!!!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23209 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 17:57:42 »

We'll beat Shrews with the players we've got. Rumours are just a bit of fluff. Can't imagine there's a journo close enough to the club to get any solid leads.

Don't panic! They don't like it up 'em!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23210 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 17:58:31 »

Definate 6 pointer Saturday,  Could be the last game of the season for many if things don't change soon !!!!!!.

Not know the mood around the CG sink like this before.

Is it a reflection of an "entitlement/instant result" society.
Is it a case of riches to rags is hard to swallow.
Is it a case of an aging and grump fan base.
Has it always been like this but people can "shout louder" on social media these days

I've no idea, but 3 of our group say they are considering whether to renew their STs.
On the way in on Saturday an older group were debating whether this was the worst team they've seen in <insert big number here> years.
Got to say, wasn't bothered myself about going after a long break...

So come on town, do some good business, start winning,  and put this nonsense out of people's minds!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23211 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 18:13:53 »

It's because a lot of fans, me included, can't see things improving any time soon.

By improving I mean challenging at the other end of the table, not just avoiding relegation ad nauseum.

The Power model isn't working and he, personally, has recruited very poorly. The one thing I question is whether Power's upfront desire to make money is way ahead of progressing the club.

In some ways I dread him leaving as, sure as eggs are eggs, he wont leave behind anyone of any value - very close at the moment if Vigs is sold. There is nothing left.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #23212 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 18:19:56 »

Not know the mood around the CG sink like this before.

Is it a case of an aging and grump fan base.
Has it always been like this but people can "shout louder" on social media these days

I've no idea, but 3 of our group say they are considering whether to renew their STs.
On the way in on Saturday an older group were debating whether this was the worst team they've seen in <insert big number here> years.
Got to say, wasn't bothered myself about going after a long break...

So come on town, do some good business, start winning,  and put this nonsense out of people's minds!
I thought the atmosphere on Monday during the match was pretty positive considering. While the regulars around me in the Town End seem more than happy to have a grumble about the players, Williams and Power, I've not heard anyone say anything about being close to giving up their support.

If no new players arrive in time for Saturday, there'll be moaners.

If we lose Saturday, there'll be moaners (and probably with good reason).

If new players arrive before Saturday, there'll be moaners saying they aren't the right players.

If we win Saturday, there'll be some saying 'well, it was only Shrewsbury', and still moan about x, y & z.

While I might not agree with them, I can tolerate the moaners that attend the games week-in, week-out.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #23213 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 18:31:10 »

I thought the atmosphere on Monday during the match was pretty positive considering. While the regulars around me in the Town End seem more than happy to have a grumble about the players, Williams and Power, I've not heard anyone say anything about being close to giving up their support.

If no new players arrive in time for Saturday, there'll be moaners.

If we lose Saturday, there'll be moaners (and probably with good reason).
Ol
If new players arrive before Saturday, there'll be moaners saying they aren't the right players.

If we win Saturday, there'll be some saying 'well, it was only Shrewsbury', and still moan about x, y & z.

While I might not agree with them, I can tolerate the moaners that attend the games week-in, week-out.
Fair Comments but you obviously do not stand near the groups I do.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23214 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 18:36:05 »

I see Shrewsburys joint leading scorer (5 league goals inc 1 against us) Ivan Toney has returned to his parent club Newcastle.

1. this could be good for our prospects Saturday, and 2. he is going to go out on loan to another L1 club according to Newcastle, could he be a target for us?

I havent seen him play but I know hes big and quite quick, I see Bradford, Bolton & Fleetwood are after him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #23215 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 18:48:57 »

I see Shrewsburys joint leading scorer (5 league goals inc 1 against us) Ivan Toney has returned to his parent club Newcastle.

1. this could be good for our prospects Saturday, and 2. he is going to go out on loan to another L1 club according to Newcastle, could he be a target for us?

I havent seen him play but I know hes big and quite quick, I see Bradford, Bolton & Fleetwood are after him.
Now that could be a bonus - maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel, However, I think you have answered your own question with your last paragraph !!   

garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #23216 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 18:50:51 »

1) It's true, one person on the FB group constantly bleats on that Swansea, Burton etc are shit and we should be better than them. They see clubs like Southend as beneath us and we should never lose to them as we "are a championship side" even though we have spent the majority of our existence in the bottom 2 divisions........

2) Possibly but for the younger generation of fans as they saw us win L2 and spending millions with Di Canio, we are now spending far less and have Williams as manager ....... but the older fans have seen this before (hoddle > gorman, Wilson > hart). We seem to get a high profile manager, they leave and replace with dross, then get a high profile and repeat.

3) This is the main cause, before you could only moan in your local or at the game about issues, discontent wouldn't be grouped and would fizzle out as not much momentum could get going. Now with social media, it's so easy to start a flame war by making 1 post on FB / Twitter and you can have hundreds join in, protests at Coventry, Blackpool etc got organised because of social media.

IMHO it's too easy to moan when things are bad, but watch them all kiss ass when it's going good (playoffs)
FrigbyDaser

Ignore
« Reply #23217 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 19:39:31 »

We tend to announce signings later in the week anyway. Who knows who is actually training at the moment. I'm a bit surprised we didn't have something ready to announce straight away but not panicking yet.

In terms of this being the worst squad, I'd still say the "Quinn administration squad" was worse/less inspiring.
Stevens

« Reply #23218 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 19:41:43 »

1) It's true, one person on the FB group constantly bleats on that Swansea, Burton etc are shit and we should be better than them. They see clubs like Southend as beneath us and we should never lose to them as we "are a championship side" even though we have spent the majority of our existence in the bottom 2 divisions........

2) Possibly but for the younger generation of fans as they saw us win L2 and spending millions with Di Canio, we are now spending far less and have Williams as manager ....... but the older fans have seen this before (hoddle > gorman, Wilson > hart). We seem to get a high profile manager, they leave and replace with dross, then get a high profile and repeat.

3) This is the main cause, before you could only moan in your local or at the game about issues, discontent wouldn't be grouped and would fizzle out as not much momentum could get going. Now with social media, it's so easy to start a flame war by making 1 post on FB / Twitter and you can have hundreds join in, protests at Coventry, Blackpool etc got organised because of social media.

IMHO it's too easy to moan when things are bad, but watch them all kiss ass when it's going good (playoffs)

This

Most on here are hardcore fans, plus the normal 5,000 who turn up every week.
You support Swindon, see a crap performance and say nah I'm not going, but when Saturday comes, you go.
The pint or four after the game always helps.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #23219 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 19:44:34 »

This

Most on here are hardcore fans, plus the normal 5,000 who turn up every week.
You support Swindon, see a crap performance and say nah I'm not going, but when Saturday comes, you go.
The pint or four after the game always helps.
Usually it's the six pints BEFORE the game that helps.

Pages: 1 ... 1545 1546 1547 [1548] 1549 1550 1551 ... 4021   Go Up
Print
Jump to: