Pages: 1 ... 1435 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 1441 ... 4004   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9193292 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21555 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 17:00:16 »

Sonny Bradley a CB from Crawley.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #21556 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 17:50:54 »

Somebody on that FB group has actually criticised Power for being greedy in rejecting the deal.

I kid thee not.
some people are just fucking idiots we all know hes worth more hence why fee has been rejected.
Flashheart

« Reply #21557 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 18:00:25 »

I get the feeling the same person would have complained had Power accepted the bid, it came over as more of an opportunity to have a moan about Power than anything.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #21558 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 18:36:38 »

I get the feeling the same person would have complained had Power accepted the bid, it came over as more of an opportunity to have a moan about Power than anything.
This!
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #21559 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 19:14:32 »

Sonny Bradley a CB from Crawley.

Out of contract so name is doing the rounds. Burton heavily linked but we have dealt with his agency (World in Motion) lots in the past.
Flashheart

« Reply #21560 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 20:43:52 »

BBC Wiltshire Sport
‏@BBCWiltsSport
STFC: Lee Power on Ajose bid "it didn’t meet our valuation, want to keep Nicky, everyone's got a price, have to see how that develops" #stfc
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #21561 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 21:33:04 »

Out of contract so name is doing the rounds. Burton heavily linked but we have dealt with his agency (World in Motion) lots in the past.
Couldn't reach agreement on new contract with Crawley - Do we pay more than them I wonder?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #21562 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 21:37:38 »

BBC Wiltshire Sport
‏@BBCWiltsSport
STFC: Lee Power on Ajose bid "it didn’t meet our valuation, want to keep Nicky, everyone's got a price, have to see how that develops" #stfc

So what is Ajose's price? Somewhere between £750k-£1mill? Amazed if he's not sold within the month if bids have started already. You can't argue with his goal record this season but generally I've found him anonymous for large periods of most games. As long as the money is reinvested in the team, I think it's good business. So far Power has shown good judgement when he's spent money on players so if selling Ajose's means we can bring in 3 or 4 of quality (not trialist punts) that give us a strong spine to the team, then i think it's the right thing to do.

What odds he's back here on loan within 12 months??
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21563 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 22:30:23 »

So what is Ajose's price? Somewhere between £750k-£1mill? Amazed if he's not sold within the month if bids have started already. You can't argue with his goal record this season but generally I've found him anonymous for large periods of most games. As long as the money is reinvested in the team, I think it's good business. So far Power has shown good judgement when he's spent money on players so if selling Ajose's means we can bring in 3 or 4 of quality (not trialist punts) that give us a strong spine to the team, then i think it's the right thing to do.

We should sell him to Norwich for £3m
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21564 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 00:50:51 »

Being anonymous as a striker is a great skill, they forget you because you are shit for 80 minutes, then bang bang game over. Opening bid from whoever, so they are hoping to get him for 750-800k which is probably market value.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21565 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 07:37:57 »

Being anonymous as a striker is a great skill

Blimey, didn't realise how blessed STFC have been over the years. Smiley

then bang bang game over.

ooooooh.

Don't think we should be under any illusions that Ajose loss would be anything other than massive. Without him we'd be down. It'll be interesting to see how we replace him - more youth or someone in the same mould - proven scorer struggling somewhere (not many of those around mind).
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #21566 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 07:55:47 »

Personally think we can get a mil for Ajose - I'd rather lose Ajose than Obika, think Obika is more important to the team
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21567 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 08:02:31 »

If he can stay fit, he's a better all round contributor. 11 goals in 28 last season is a good return. I understand what you are saying but...

Ajose 23 goals in 35...

I guess we'll find out when we get someone to play alongside Obika - I don't think Hylton is the man myself but he's not had a crack of playing alongside a big man.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #21568 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 09:14:34 »

BBC Wiltshire Sport ‏@BBCWiltsSport  2m2 minutes ago
FOOTBALL : BBC Wiltshire understands @Official_STFC have turned down a 500,000 bid for Nicky Ajose from an un-named Championship club #stfc
Good news in that we now know that a bid of £500,000 or less, or any kind of interest from a Championship doesn't automatically trigger a release clause or automatically allows the player to speak with that club. An offer of £500,000 + a couple of cones could change things though...

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #21569 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 09:23:29 »

I can't see the whole amount being reinvested in the team. Mainly this would probably be because whatever the reported fee wouldn't necessarily be received in one lump sum.

However, to appease some of the LP doubters (I'm not suggesting you are, Rusty) it wouldn't be a bad thing if a decent wedge of the fee was at least used to make a realistic offer for a new player, especially if the perception is that the club is now being run in a much more sustainable way. 
Pages: 1 ... 1435 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 1441 ... 4004   Go Up
Print
Jump to: