Pages: 1 ... 1335 1336 1337 [1338] 1339 1340 1341 ... 3984   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9148150 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #20055 on: Monday, August 31, 2015, 20:52:34 »

Not sure I believe this business regarding over valuing Gladwin to reduce the sell on for Loungo to Spurs?

Spurs ain't daft- surely they would have disputed this valuation at the time? Either that or we could find ourselves in serious hot water

No rules broken, clever from our owners and our own version of creative accounting.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #20056 on: Monday, August 31, 2015, 21:01:00 »

No rules broken, clever from our owners and our own version of creative accounting.
Except we couldn't deal with Spurs again and Powers not that stupid.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #20057 on: Monday, August 31, 2015, 21:05:43 »

Except we couldn't deal with Spurs again and Powers not that stupid.

+other clubs wouldnt touch us.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #20058 on: Monday, August 31, 2015, 21:16:04 »

If we had said to QPR that we wanted 500k for Luongo and 2.5 million for Gladwin (or however much it was) then that's it, end of story. Scam or no scam, there's nothing anyone can do about. A player is worth however much a Club agrees to pay for him - 20k or 20 million. Spurs can dispute the valuation all they like, there is nothing they can do.

My only concern with the alleged creative accounting is if we had sell ones for both Gladwin and Luongo, and as a result we were denied any sell on fee because of the 'inflated' price we sold them for. I.e selling Gladwin for £2m and he goes on for £2.5m elsewhere, the profit on that wouldn't be as great as if we sold him for £1m. Saying that it's more likely Luongo to go onto bigger things, so if he were undervalued him in the deal then we'd get more on any potential profit.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #20059 on: Monday, August 31, 2015, 22:05:24 »

Power isn't stupid. If he were to pull a fast one on Spurs like that, his name would be mud amongst those that matter, removing any ability he has to negotiate deals involving sell ons in the future - which is at the core of his business model.

On rumours, v encouraging re Vigouroux and would suggest we have a couple lined up for tomorrow.

Best of luck to Nathan Byrne - I can't remember a player that has improved so much in a spell at the club. Had him down as a future non league player after his debut - proved me staggeringly wrong.

I've also just had a look at Henrik Ojamma's Twitter. He's been tweeting about going to Chopin recitals. How's about that Troy Archibald Henville. (Insert flames related emoticon)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #20060 on: Monday, August 31, 2015, 22:52:22 »

My only concern with the alleged creative accounting is if we had sell ones for both Gladwin and Luongo, and as a result we were denied any sell on fee because of the 'inflated' price we sold them for. I.e selling Gladwin for £2m and he goes on for £2.5m elsewhere, the profit on that wouldn't be as great as if we sold him for £1m. Saying that it's more likely Luongo to go onto bigger things, so if he were undervalued him in the deal then we'd get more on any potential profit.

Its amazing how facts are created these days. There is no alleged creative accounting. How did you manage to make that one up?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #20061 on: Monday, August 31, 2015, 23:32:47 »

Just been thinking about the squad and transfers.  There has been a lot of flak recently for Power and how we are selling everyone, yet the reality is very different.  What did happen was we let a lot of players go when out of contract.  We've sold 4 players in 13 months:

Luongo - 2 seasons, record fee
Gladwin - crazy money for someone so soon out of non-league
Thompson - got an season extra even after selling him
Byrne - refused a new contract, been here for more than 2 years and potential 7 figure bid

Now, we could add Kasim and/or Smith into the mix.

Of those that moved on, Wes wanted to go and we were never going to keep Williams on his old wage.  Who that we decided to release should we mourn losing?

The problem we face is we've never had more than a couple of players worth money in the past 15 years.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #20062 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 05:49:46 »

Just been thinking about the squad and transfers.  There has been a lot of flak recently for Power and how we are selling everyone, yet the reality is very different.  What did happen was we let a lot of players go when out of contract.  We've sold 4 players in 13 months:

Byrne - refused a new contract, been here for more than 2 years and potential 7 figure bid

Of those that moved on, Wes wanted to go and we were never going to keep Williams on his old wage.  Who that we decided to release should we mourn losing?

The problem we face is we've never had more than a couple of players worth money in the past 15 years.

Well said. The mongs are excelling themselves at the moment.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #20063 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 06:23:33 »

You should be banished from this forum imeadiately, you talk to much sense!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20064 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 06:46:59 »

Well said. The mongs are excelling themselves at the moment.

Mongs = anyone who doesn't understand/isn't totally supportive/is dissapointed by the system?? Not a personal dig, lots of people use it in that context.

Of course Rob's assesment is right. People aren't used to this approach though, 2 year cycles then stating again (if Byrne et al leave). Some will react with dissmay at the idea. Some will overreact.  Its not that surprising is it. Bit nervous of it myself to be honest.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #20065 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 07:20:58 »

Mongs = anyone who doesn't understand/isn't totally supportive/is dissapointed by the system?? Not a personal dig, lots of people use it in that context.

No, those that don't bother to try to understand the rationale; fail to understand that players earning (relatively speaking) peanuts, want to earn more whilst they can; and criticise the failure to implement a all or bust system that has got us and others into trouble before.

On the transfer front, I'll predict Ajose in, Vigouroux in, Ojamma in, Byrne out and an unknown young superstar in on loan.
Flashheart

« Reply #20066 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 07:28:34 »

I have a hunch on George Moncur, assuming Kasim leaves. His name just keeps on popping up.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #20067 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 07:51:20 »

My only real gripe is this.

Power baulked at signing Eckersley - presumably cos of wages - a player we could really do with at the moment.

Now, if we added Brad Barry's wages to what we were prepared to pay Eckersley we would probably could have afforded him.

It just stinks a bit to me that we will fork out for this season's Agombar to the detriment of adding a useable player.

Mini rant over
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #20068 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 07:51:50 »

Storey himself has written a blog imploring the club to keep him

http://thewashbag.com/2015/08/31/please-dont-sell-miles-storey/

That is brilliant.

It's either written by Storey's mum or David Brent.

Trust, encouragement, reward, loyalty...... Satisfaction.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #20069 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2015, 08:13:59 »

So who's local and got the day off, and is going to sit down the CG in a camping chair?
Pages: 1 ... 1335 1336 1337 [1338] 1339 1340 1341 ... 3984   Go Up
Print
Jump to: