Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 1235 ... 4030   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9267091 times)
kerry red

« Reply #18465 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 17:01:52 »

That's unfair.

He is not suited to a back 3 - none of them are - but stick him in a traditional back 4 and he'd be more than good enough.
Panda Paws

« Reply #18466 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 17:23:32 »

That's unfair.

He is not suited to a back 3 - none of them are - but stick him in a traditional back 4 and he'd be more than good enough.

Based on? His positional awareness and unpredictability are lethal, irrelevant of how many others he plays alongside.
kerry red

« Reply #18467 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 17:29:32 »

He wasn't caught out much more than any of the others. They were all vulnerable to the ball being played into the space behind them - especially down the flanks.

Sure, he's a bit rash at times but no more so than Thompson when trying to retrieve a situation.

The Flint elbowing(s) were a one off. Just wish he'd done him properly!
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #18468 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 17:31:15 »

Based on? His positional awareness and unpredictability are lethal, irrelevant of how many others he plays alongside.
This. Can't dive in with a back four. Branco always does.

Oh, just to add to the rumours - Smith to QPR via one of those Twitter accounts who make stuff up for the RTs
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 18:11:50 by A Gent Orange » Logged
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #18469 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 18:11:49 »

Branco's a bombscare. His assault(s) on Flint overshadowed the fact he made huge fuck ups for two of City's three goals that evening. Unfortunately, I doubt we will see the back of him this summer but at least that guarantees some comedy value next season.

El-Abd I seem to recall formed a solid partnership with Greer at Brighton...not sure how far he has deteriorated since, but looking at experience is a very welcome positive for me.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #18470 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 18:38:58 »

Branco has also had some decent games and offers something a bit different. Yes, his positional sense was crap but  a lot of the time he was covering for Byrne who went defensively absent from X Mas. Throw in Swift and his lack of defensive qualities and it exposes Branco who in league terms is a baby. There's a good player there and most people wanted him signed up. Yes. he's fucked up a few times but don't forget Ricketts was a goal a game fuck up and somehow he seems to have got away with any flack. I'd take Branco over Ricketts any day. Also, Branco is bloody good fun to watch.   
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #18471 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 18:46:28 »

Branco has also had some decent games and offers something a bit different. Yes, his positional sense was crap but  a lot of the time he was covering for Byrne who went defensively absent from X Mas. Throw in Swift and his lack of defensive qualities and it exposes Branco who in league terms is a baby. There's a good player there and most people wanted him signed up. Yes. he's fucked up a few times but don't forget Ricketts was a goal a game fuck up and somehow he seems to have got away with any flack. I'd take Branco over Ricketts any day. Also, Branco is bloody good fun to watch.   

He can't even take a throw in properly. Love him. Keep him around. In a year's time I'm sure we'll be able to get the best out of him if we sort out our midfield.

I geniunely believe that if we have a back three with the following formation it'll work perfectly:

Belford
Branco - Thompson - LCB
Kasim - DMF*
Byrne - CM - Ormonde-Ottewill
Obika - Smith

* With the Defensive midfielder working with Kasim almost as a cover in front of the back three making sure that if one of the back three attack they're there to cover the gaps. And they move from left to right filling the channels protecting from the ball being passed around in front of our defence.

This leaves Byrne, Boo, the CM and the strikers to completely focus on attacking for 70% of the game. With those 5 attacking players + runs from the defenders and the defensive midfielders I genuinely thing we'll have a chance. But I'm not the manager so meh, what do I know?

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18472 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 18:59:18 »

Do you think Kassim and Byrne will be here? Its not impossible but I'd say unlikely.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #18473 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 19:01:20 »

Do you think Kassim and Byrne will be here? Its not impossible but I'd say unlikely.

Not sure. I think they would have gone by now if they were off but I could just be being optimistic. Kasim as said since his "I want to leave" (Agent) interview he's said he's happy here, so we'll have to see. A lot of people like Byrne but I think some managers etc are put off from his size and lack of consistently effective crosses into the box, but that's me Smiley

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18474 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 19:03:06 »

Nah, I can see where you are coming from on Byrne. Lively as he is I can't see his quality being enough for the championship.

Anyway, fingers crossed.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #18475 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 19:05:10 »

I hope we sign a first choice goalkeeper

I come from a land down-under
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18476 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 19:06:01 »

I can't see Byrne, Kasim or Smith being here come August.

Just my opinion not based on anything else.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #18477 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 19:07:00 »

I can't see Byrne, Kasim or Smith being here come August.

Just my opinion not based on anything else.

How fucking dare you.

kerry red

« Reply #18478 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 19:07:36 »

Me neither.

If one of them was to stay it would be Kasim - he needs a really specific team/system to get the best out of him
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18479 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 19:09:14 »

How fucking dare you.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 1235 ... 4030   Go Up
Print
Jump to: