Pages: 1 ... 1226 1227 1228 [1229] 1230 1231 1232 ... 3983   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9138502 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #18420 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 07:17:18 »

Whether Cooper is useless or not and whether Williams is the brains Cooper does appear to have options. 
REDBUCK

« Reply #18421 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 07:35:22 »

Me too

Then I think you have an overinflated opinion of those players, wes aside, and what's required to get out of Div 1.

As proved by three far better teams this year.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #18422 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 07:53:37 »

I will be happy if Cooper stays, but I will not be sad if he goes!  Personally, I think he has achieved miracles, moulding a team out of fifteen or so young individuals, all wanting to make a mark for themselves and move on up the ladder.  Dealing with young footballing egos so effectively and getting them to play so well together is no mean feat.  That it fell apart at the end is undeniable, and I put the blame for that fairly and squarely on the international breaks, especially the January one, which put two key players into the international spotlight, and re-lighted their individual egos, and whilst I don't go with those who say Mass played little part for the rest of the season, there is no doubt he was less effective (and Kasim too, tho he had one or two outstanding games).  So that, as well as disrupting a winning team (which did well in the month the five players were away, but rarely played at the same level afterwards, was the key; and unlike most Premier League clubs, we simply didn't have the depth of talent to deal with that.

But I would be very happy to give Mark C/Luke W the opportunity to start again and see whether they can do it again, learning from last season's experience, and either having a larger or better squad, or avoiding the pitfalls of having a big group of international players (oh and toughening up the back line!)

But if he goes, then I will be happy for him, and hope that someone else who fits into the triumverate (Power/Williams/...) will pick up where he leaves off.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #18423 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 08:02:16 »

I think you can dress it up as much as you want, if we lost Cooper we'd be losing a fucking good manager. One that exceeded everyones expectations, had a fanbase on his back before he'd even took charge of a game and scolded him for almost every decision he made unless we were top of the league.

Best cheap option ever. I almost feels he deserves a better club than ours
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18424 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 08:16:13 »

I'm certain if Cooper gets a concrete offer he'll accept it and rightly so...best to go out at the top when your stock is high.

The key, is then that Power has a clear idea of who he wants in....going to be interesting, as the forthcoming season is shaping up to be like no other in our recent history.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 22, 2015, 08:20:53 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #18425 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 08:18:44 »

Then I think you have an overinflated opinion of those players, wes aside, and what's required to get out of Div 1.

As proved by three far better teams this year.

I don't see how you can make that statement really.. most on here were of the opinion all through the season that player for player we were as good as anyone, even Bristol City. And the fact that most of our players seem to now be joining Championship level clubs would probably back that up.

I'd say not three far better teams but three far better managers.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #18426 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 08:23:53 »

I'd say not three far better teams but three far better managers.

would these "three far better managers" have been able to work with out budget and get the same results. I doubt it.

I come from a land down-under
Barry Scott

« Reply #18427 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 08:25:04 »

I think you can dress it up as much as you want, if we lost Cooper we'd be losing a fucking good manager. One that exceeded everyones expectations, had a fanbase on his back before he'd even took charge of a game and scolded him for almost every decision he made unless we were top of the league.

This. He'll always be a minor and unnecessary cog in a system so obviously run by power and Williams in most people's eyes.

It pains me how many of our fans think he's just a puppet to Power (and Standing) and the front to Williams' obvious managerial genius that has allowed him to climb so high, so fast in the management game all while pretending to be a cone collector.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #18428 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 08:26:00 »

It pains me how many of our fans think he's just a puppet to Power (and Standing) and the front to Williams' obvious managerial genius that has allowed him to climb so high, so fast in the management game all while pretending to be a cone collector.

100% agree.

I come from a land down-under
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #18429 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 08:52:26 »

Hear, hear ... or read, read!
kerry red

« Reply #18430 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 09:19:02 »

I think we all agree there is a helluva difference between managing and coaching.

If Cooper goes to Wendies, or anywhere else, as Head Coach I think he'll struggle.

He wanted a player to screen the back 3 at Wembley but was overruled by Standing - no wonder he wants out
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18431 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 09:55:20 »

He wanted a player to screen the back 3 at Wembley but was overruled by Standing - no wonder he wants out
I hope that's BS , but after being forced to play agombar* you have to wonder.

whatever you think of the man, he puts up a very calm front to the media and conducts himself well.

*according to local media, which to be frank it's the only explanation that makes sense other than a dodgy Jed contract clause..
Flashheart

« Reply #18432 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 10:28:45 »

According to the South London Press, Mawson IS NOT signing for Millwall.....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18433 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 10:30:51 »

According to the South London Press, Mawson IS NOT signing for Millwall.....

Because he's agreed terms with Oxford....
Flashheart

« Reply #18434 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 10:47:47 »

Vital Swindon Town ‏@VitalSwindon  53s54 seconds ago
Rumour: Swindon Town target Alfie Mawson is set to sign with local rivals Oxford United #stfc

For fuck's sake gazzza
Pages: 1 ... 1226 1227 1228 [1229] 1230 1231 1232 ... 3983   Go Up
Print
Jump to: