Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Corr  (Read 5958 times)
DMR

« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 22:41:14 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
Maybe let him get back to full fitness instead of rushing him back

I don't really understand how a dislocated shoulder can affect a footballer for so many months Dave.

I've had an anterior dislocation of my right shoulder, and within 4 weeks I was playing competitive golf, assuming football places less strain on the joint, the bloke's just too bloody fragile.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 22:43:51 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
I like Paynter too.

On a seperate note, did anyone notice the distinct lack of goalkeeping practice Phil Smith got before the game when Zaaboub, Peacock, and Paynter were lashing balls everywhere but at the goal?

yes. Nicho was tucking them away though :shock:
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 22:44:06 »

Quote from: "DMR"
Quote from: "STFC dave"
Maybe let him get back to full fitness instead of rushing him back

I don't really understand how a dislocated shoulder can affect a footballer for so many months Dave.

I've had an anterior dislocation of my right shoulder, and within 4 weeks I was playing competitive golf, assuming football places less stain on the joint, the bloke's just too bloody fragile.

Don't know just how bad it is though. Some dislocations can be quite bad, needing operation. Not forgetting he rushed back at the start of the season from a broken back, he just needs to properly recover

Things get better but they never get good
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 22:46:57 »

Granted, I'd also point out that once the joint is reset he could still work on his basic ball skills, a bit of sprinting etc, yet he seemed miles off the pace. He said himself over last week that he was right and fit - I wouldn't say he's been rushed. I doubt in this day and age that many players run out again until they're deemed ready by the medical men.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 22:48:32 »

I'll give you that, he looked knackered after 10 minutes today. Fuck knows what was up with that

Things get better but they never get good
lebowski

« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 22:50:14 »

Didn't he, or someone, say that he'd "done another pre-season"?

If so I dread to think what shape the squad will be in come August!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 22:52:32 »

This is a real pity, because when fit I think Corr could be a real asset for us.

Reality is he aint going anywhere, he's got another year on his contract, and no other club is going to touch him with a very long pole with his injury record.

Hopefully he'll be 100% at some point next season and show us all what he can do when      properly fit. I'm not holding my breath though
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 23:03:08 »

When "fit", Corr only trains a couple of days a week because otherwise it aggravates his back.

And with regards to the shoulder dislocations, once you've done it for the first time i'll just pop out with the slightest bit of force.

I just can't see how a professional footballer can only train two or three days a week because of a back problem and then dislocate his shoulder whenever someone pokes him.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 23:06:12 »

the opp, i'm guessing will wrap tendons and muscle around the joint to help keep it in place.my bro had this opp.takes time to heal
JPC82

« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 23:08:30 »

the youth team lad Andy Westall had a operation to fix his after it kept popping out, he was told it was a 15% chance he could have a heart attack during the operation, he's back training now but was out at least 6months
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 23:21:47 »

I agree that if/when fit Corr's a decent player and would be a real asset if he could ever get himself sufficiently fit to get a decent run in the side. But his record rather argues he's unlikely to do that - he had a poor injury record before he came here and I think Sturrock took a bit of a punt that he'd just been unlucky and if he could overcome his various injury problems he'd be a hell of a player. Which was probably a decent punt. But sadly it hasn't really worked out and another season or so injury plagued here perhaps points more at this being an ongoing issue. Which is a real shame - if he could overcome his injuries and get a run in the side, he'd be a decent player and probably worthy of a higher level. But he hasn't and doesn't look like he will. Hope I'm wrong (as in that he will overcome his various "made of glass" issues)

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 23:24:20 »

i think you are just about spot on with that assumption pauld.a shame as it is
JPC82

« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 23:51:59 »

I will post 2moro bout corr, cant be bothered now cos using my phone, takes a while, its bout the transfer window, nite all xx
Barry Scott

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2008, 00:00:34 »

As i understand it, from BBC RS, Corr is actually here next season anyway? Anyone else heard this?

On a shoulder related note, if he's got a proper problem with the joint, no amount of "fitness" will help him. Malpas said on RS tonight he will now need an op which is 6 months out. A friend used to dislocate his shoulder on an almost weekly basis. He had physio, had it strapped up for ages and nothing ever changed. In the end he needed a major op, problem solved after a few months recuperation.

Perhaps they can find Bazza a body donor and just put his head on it, injury over?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2008, 01:42:52 »

Shouldnt be fucking playing with a bad back anyway.
Fuck that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: