Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brezovan/Ifil/McGovern...  (Read 4953 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 17:32:50 »

erm... why was he dropped??? Maltrash didn't give many answers either after the game.

"I just felt that Phil deserved his chance and we will now see how Peter handles being out of the side and how Phil handles playing regularly again,"

Ok but what did Brez do to lose the shirt? I'm sure Phil will get better with games etc but....Huh? what the fuck is Malpas on?

Why was Miguel taken off instead of Ifil who had a shocking game?

Sturrock and Cox should have started at front and McGovern dropped and replaced by Roberts??
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 17:36:31 »

Phil did well apart from the first goal.......
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 17:37:48 »

Quote from: "DV"
Phil did well apart from the first goal.......

point is... why was Brezovan dropped. Like Phil earlier in the season, what has Brezovan done to lose the shirt? Our defence seed petrified out there with Phil in goal today... Thats not a knock against Smith because he is a good keeper when fully fit etc
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 17:39:23 »

I dont know why Brez was dropped.

But, after that performance - its the least of the worries today.
Wood_Ayre

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 17:41:31 »

I think everyone was suprised when Brez was dropped. Smithy wasn't helped with the defence, why do they insist on giving away stupid free kicks? The ref's aren't great, but the players dont help themselves.

Comminges looked like he was they only one who really was playing for his place in the team today IMO.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 17:51:27 »

Brezovan would have saved that freekick.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 17:52:10 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
Brezovan would have saved that freekick.

I agree
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 19:05:00 »

I wouldn't have started Phil Smith myself. What has Brez actually done wrong? Smith is a good keeper and he didn't play badly but to start him certainly unsettled the backline. You can't afford to take that needless risk. Just when Brez was beginning to get back into the swing of things as well.
Wood_Ayre

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 19:07:29 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
I wouldn't have started Phil Smith myself. What has Brez actually done wrong? Smith is a good keeper and he didn't play badly but to start him certainly unsettled the backline. You can't afford to take that needless risk. Just when Brez was beginning to get back into the swing of things as well.

Exactly, when it comes down to the people that matter, why dont they see what effects it has on the players? It's probably knocked Brezovan's confidence aswell.
fatbury

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 19:08:47 »

Brez showed how much better he is than Smith by not playing - another Malpas mistake
McLovin

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 19:44:48 »

Fuck off... Brez has cost us more goals that Smith. If the wall had jumped (ie done their job) Smith wouldn't have had to even move.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 20:56:19 »

Ifil wasn't subbed because if we're switching to three at the back, you need three centrebacks. Vincent can play Centre, Minges can't as far as we've seen.

The freekick was a carbon copy of McFaddens two hours earlier. I told the guy next to me exactly where it was going when they were lining it up, painfully obvious.

I also think Minge was on for a sending off if he'd not been subbed, and we need him on the field in the next few games.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 20:58:29 »

Quote from: "McLovin"
Fuck off... Brez has cost us more goals that Smith. If the wall had jumped (ie done their job) Smith wouldn't have had to even move.

if smith hadn't of hidden behind the wall, and have done what most 'keepers would do and cover the side of the goal not defended by the wall he wouldnt of had to move - the ball would of gone straight into his hands

Things get better but they never get good
Wood_Ayre

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 20:59:28 »

Well, the ball only went there because he left such a massive fucking gap

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 21:05:38 »

smith wouldn't have made that unbelievable save vs swansea.his reach is nowhere near brez's.
any keeper standing in line of his wall has fucked up. unless the kick was taken before the whistle?
that said,brez flapped the other week against northampton when they scored.and should have done better for forests goal.and he never looks comfotable with the ball at his feet.
i guess i'm saying they both have flaws and its a close call.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: