Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brezovan/Ifil/McGovern...  (Read 4956 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 21:07:36 »

both have been found out a little if anything. Still good keepers, but not as good as they were made out to be at the start of the season

Things get better but they never get good
Wood_Ayre

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 21:07:37 »

In favour of Smith though, put him on the wing, did you see him easily beat the on charging Warsaw player  Wink
normy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 21:46:27 »

We thought that the CB's have a bad habit lately of not attacking long air balls, which led to the first goal. Letting it bounce is an elementary mistake, and it has happened a lot.

ust be the oldest
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 22:00:26 »

Quote from: "arriba"
smith wouldn't have made that unbelievable save vs swansea.his reach is nowhere near brez's.
any keeper standing in line of his wall has fucked up. unless the kick was taken before the whistle?
that said,brez flapped the other week against northampton when they scored.and should have done better for forests goal.and he never looks comfotable with the ball at his feet.
i guess i'm saying they both have flaws and its a close call.

Spot on arriba. They're both good keepers, neither's perfect, don't let's trash Smith just because some people want to go on a Malpas-hunt

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 22:03:45 »

have you seen this is?fucking unbelievable some of the stuff on there tonight.saying smith should be out the door and other idiotic comments.
Wood_Ayre

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 22:09:39 »

IMO, Brezovan shouldn't have been dropped, I only feel Smith was to blame for the free kick, but I think he is a very good keeper and will be key to keep hold of him.
DMR

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 22:12:10 »

I'll stick my neck on the line here and say Brez hasn't been good enough to warrant keeping Smith out. I'd be chuffed if we sold him for a half a million upwards (Brez).

JPM isn't worth a place in a Sunday pub team, fuck knows what MKD's saw in him, bloke's absolutely shit and lazy to boot.

That will probably get people on here narky but I don't really care.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 22:14:14 »

mcgovern was awful today. that chance he fecked up in the second half summed up his game really. didn't get much service though, as we seemed pre-occuppied with long balls up to the walsall defenders

adje

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 23:53:39 »

Malpas reasons for dropping Brez "I'VE BEEN UNHAPPY WITH THE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN KEEPER AND BACK FOUR AND HE WAS AT FAULT FOR THE GOAL AT FOREST"

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 10:35:32 »

malpas , when he came people were saying "who"i thought give him a chance but some of his decisions ,or lack of them make me cringe.
pook on the wing
mcgovern in the middle
bring back smith ?were we realy shipping goals from the goalies point of view.
taking so long to change the ineffective wide players,and only when mcgovern went off with being embarresed{an injury that could keep him out for the season}
ikil returning to the nervous jelly mr king turned him into
aljofree dreaming of his end of season holiday.
all in all NOT HAPPY  :x
glos_robin

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 11:54:47 »

Regarding Brez and Malpas I think our 'goalkeeping coach' situation is something that urgently needs addressing. Granville is an utter clown and whilst I'm willing to give Malpas a chance I've seen enough of Granville over the past year or so to realise he is nothing more than a glorified PE teacher running around clapping his hands and telling people off. He actively encourages punching from crosses rather than catching which is just rediculous and seems to have no idea about goalkeeping as shown by his own career where he did absolutely nothing in the English game. He appears to be matey with Phil Smith and pays little attention to Brez which is odd to say the least. When you compare him to the GK coach Wise had you realise just how useless Granville is and if Brez doesn't agree with what he's saying then discent and indecision is never going to be far away.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 13:28:51 »

are you judging that on how he actually coaches them every day of the week in training, or just on the half hour or so before kick off.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 13:31:41 »

I'd have taken off McNamee and put Roberts on the left and Minge-face on the right playing as the wingers.
sonic youth

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 13:44:16 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
are you judging that on how he actually coaches them every day of the week in training, or just on the half hour or so before kick off.
the half hour before kick off i'd assume
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 11:57:11 »

mcgovern has been gash for the last few games, i don't understand how he still starts every week. never looks to get in behind the full back and continually goes missing in games. roberts deserves a run in the team at the moment. in fact, I wouldn't mind seeing comminges given a go at right wing and jack smith brought back in at right-back now he's fit again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: