Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official - Malpas is new manager  (Read 16115 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:50:47 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "DV"
I'm sure they also added top 10 championship finishes and FA Cup finals, no?

No they didn't they ignored those rather salient facts, much like you're ignoring the fact he took over a side that had just gone into admin and had to sell their best players. You can make the stats say whatever you like, let's judge him on his record here, shall we?

He will get judged on his STFC record. He will get the support of the fans. Nobody is saying otherwise.

The way people are defending him makes it sound like he will get harassed out of the county ground before a ball has been kicked.  Not so.

I think it is fair to question whether an unproven manager from the Scotland is the right appointment. We are football fans, it's what happens in every club the length and breadth of this country when a new managerial ppointment takes place! It doesn't mean he won't get support. It doesn't mean we can't stop moaning. It doesn't mean we are ungrateful that we still have a club to support.
sonic youth

« Reply #121 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:54:16 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
dont think I take any pleasure in it because I dont

just very very disappointed at the decision and what the early indications are about the new board as a result of it

It is an appointment proportional to that of giving Onoura the job --

When Iffy was appointed most of the people on here were happy .. for 5 mins but I didnt want him from day 1 ...

When Wise and Sturrock were appointed I was happy that we had good managers with a track record who would pull in supporters ...

i guess time will tell ...
so you're the oracle right?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:54:54 »

just very very disappointed at the decision and what the early indications are about the new board as a result of it

When Iffy was appointed most of the people on here were happy .. for 5 mins but I didnt want him from day 1 ...

When Wise and Sturrock were appointed I was happy that we had good managers with a track record who would pull in supporters ...

You my friend are a fucking clown on one section your supportive of a player because no one else gives him a chance (Pook) and then on the board room section your critical of a guy that hasn't even managed a game.  

Time will tell, people who keep comparing this appointment to Iffy are fucking clueless Iffy doesn't have all his coaching badges, he hasn't managed a top flight team or an international team (Under 21's).  

There is no comparison you mong, when Malpas does well which he will with the squad we have and the players he will add to it then I am going to come back here and be a total cunt and rub it in your face, you will never be happy you spoon.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:56:48 »

Well send Enda  Cheesy
lebowski

« Reply #124 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:57:45 »

stfctownenda,

feel free to be a total cunt to him/her now, no need to wait until malpas succeeds.

i'm sure i speak for many when i say this.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:59:40 »

Quote from: "Batch"

No they didn't they ignored those rather salient facts, much like you're ignoring the fact he took over a side that had just gone into admin and had to sell their best players. You can make the stats say whatever you like, let's judge him on his record here, shall we?

He will get judged on his STFC record. He will get the support of the fans. Nobody is saying otherwise.

The way people are defending him makes it sound like he will get harassed out of the county ground before a ball has been kicked.  Not so.

I think it is fair to question whether an unproven manager from the Scotland is the right appointment. We are football fans, it's what happens in every club the length and breadth of this country when a new managerial ppointment takes place! It doesn't mean he won't get support. It doesn't mean we can't stop moaning. It doesn't mean we are ungrateful that we still have a club to support.

Fair enough and the way some, yourself included, have expressed reasonable disappointment has been, erm, entirely reasonable. But the way some people are attacking him, you'd think we'd appointed fatbury as manager
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #126 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 19:00:56 »

I feel quite confident about Maurice "Woooo Woooooooo" Malpas. Despite not having much of a managerial record he seems to have a fine coaching pedigree and so therefore should be able to get the best out of the players, that alongsides some tactical nouse and man-management skills he could turn out to be very good for us indeed.

Man, I so cunting well hope that I am right.
fatbury

« Reply #127 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 19:01:10 »

now that would have been a crap appointment .. me as manager! i guess it could be worse!
fatbury

« Reply #128 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 19:01:59 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"

You my friend are a fucking clown on one section your supportive of a player because no one else gives him a chance (Pook) and then on the board room section your critical of a guy that hasn't even managed a game.  

Time will tell, people who keep comparing this appointment to Iffy are fucking clueless Iffy doesn't have all his coaching badges, he hasn't managed a top flight team or an international team (Under 21's).  

There is no comparison you mong, when Malpas does well which he will with the squad we have and the players he will add to it then I am going to come back here and be a total cunt and rub it in your face, you will never be happy you spoon.

And can I do the same if he IS actually crap?
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 19:02:26 »

Yes, those are the early indicators from a new board that is about to secure our immediate future by paying the CVA, the outstanding tax bill owed to HMRC and lift the transfer embargo that was imposed as a direct result of the failures of the previous board.....or have you forgotten that fact over the past 3 weeks.....

What exactly do you expect from Fitton fatters? Because if you expect him to appoint a manager on mega bucks, who is going to be given a bottomless transfer kitty, and to play sexy football a la Ardiles/Hoddle, then you are so far wide of the mark as to be laughable.

Immediate security of the club is the aim, consolidation in League 1 an immediate priority, then look to the future and aim for the Championship. You can't plaster over the huge cracks in the club immediately, it will take time, perseverance and patience from all, including the fans.

Time will indeed tell. And in the meantime, your total support for the team & manager will be most welcome.
Sussex

« Reply #130 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 19:03:12 »

now that would have been a crap appointment .. me as manager! i guess it could be worse!

Nope. Struggling with that bit.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 19:12:39 »

Quote from: "Batch"

Fair enough and the way some, yourself included, have expressed reasonable disappointment has been, erm, entirely reasonable. But the way some people are attacking him, you'd think we'd appointed fatbury as manager

Ironically it's Fatbury himself that's attacking him.
Dazzza

« Reply #132 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 19:13:26 »

Bit of useless trivia: Malpas signed ex-town trialist defender Danny Murphy (QPR, Margate & Cork City) for Motherwell.

stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 19:21:11 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"

And can I do the same if he IS actually crap?

He will probably finish top half and you wont be happy with the football he is playing.  You strike me as someone who always likes to complain.  I seem to remember you posting a few weeks back that Fitton wasn't trying to buy the club he was just buying Sir Seaton and Diamond Mike some more time with the inland revenue for that comment alone I think your opinion/judgement is utter bollocks.  

Do you honestly believe that this is a similar scenario to Iffy taking? I can assure you Maurice wont be crap he will have a supportive board and good squad to work with and we will have a good season.  Just wait for the end of season 'FATBURY IN BEING WRONG AGAIN SHOCKER', wake up you idiot your spouting utter shit once again.  Why don't you go home and put an old Grazioli dvd on and whack one off whilst picturing him pulling birds in Edwards.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 19:23:03 »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: