Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official - Malpas is new manager  (Read 15753 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 06:37:23 »

here
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 06:42:50 »

we are mo mals red and white army.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 07:24:24 »

Can't we just call him Big Mo?

We are Big Mo's Red and White Army!!! Cheesy

It's All Good..............
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 07:38:08 »

Byrne as assistant. Still getting his antics then I see.
kaufman

« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 08:17:08 »

:shock:  god there was still part of me that thought it was rumours of a football rumours.com porportion.

well he has acheived loads as a player but then so did mcmahon.

i just hope fitton does not turn into a rikki hunt character  :|
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 08:30:24 »

For fuck sake, another Scot  :x

I'm still not decided yet, I'll give him a couple of games before I make my mind up about him.

Interview with him in the Adver
fatbury

« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 08:32:19 »

not a good enough appointment!!

one word - disgusted!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 08:34:48 »

He may have interviewed the best, but I am staggered if he really is he best man that applied for the job. More like a luggy stitch up. And it's certainly not an appointment that will get the csuals rushing to the ticket office.

That said, Fitton has bought the right to appoint who he wants. We'll just have to get behind Mo and hope he can do it,
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 08:39:29 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
not a good enough appointment!!

one word - disgusted!

That's it fatters, nothing like giving the bloke a chance is there? Jeeeez.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 08:42:21 »

Quote from: "Batch"
He may have interviewed the best, but I am staggered if he really is he best man that applied for the job. More like a luggy stitch up. And it's certainly not an appointment that will get the csuals rushing to the ticket office.

That said, Fitton has bought the right to appoint who he wants. We'll just have to get behind Mo and hope he can do it,

Haven't we learnt in the past that box-office-based appointments aren't what we need for stability? Wise and Sturrock were good for this club - but we can't always survive with bouts of success, then upheavel as they move on.

Frankly, we know very little about Malpas. Most comments on here are based on ohter people's partisan opinions. He's ours now. Our man, and part of our new club which we fought to get hold of again. Good luck MM.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 08:48:20 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"

Haven't we learnt in the past that box-office-based appointments aren't what we need for stability? Wise and Sturrock were good for this club - but we can't always survive with bouts of success, then upheavel as they move on.

Frankly, we know very little about Malpas. Most comments on here are based on ohter people's partisan opinions. He's ours now. Our man, and part of our new club which we fought to get hold of again. Good luck MM.

:goodpost: Spot on Moonie. Pleased to see Byrne retain a role as well, for the stability point of view plus he's shown he can get the players to work for him and keeps the tight link between first and youth team setup.
caveman

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 08:52:28 »

great appointment IMO, just what we needed someone willing to show a bit of loyalty.. we cant handle appointing someone who is going to go elsewhere in 18mnths again
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 08:52:57 »

Gets my 100% support unless theres reason not to.

I don't want a big name who comes here and just buggers off at the next opportunity and if stability is what he will provide then Im all for it.

Glad Byrne is assistant as hopefully can integrate youth players eventually into first team and help ensure we don't lose young talent like we have done in the past.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 08:54:11 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "The Moonraker"

:goodpost: Spot on Moonie. Pleased to see Byrne retain a role as well, for the stability point of view plus he's shown he can get the players to work for him and keeps the tight link between first and youth team setup.

And I would guess a natural progression for Jeremy Newton to take Byrne's old job and Williams to take Blackley's.

Face it, Fitton is the last man to appoitn somebody without a VERY good reason to do so. Malpas must have been superb in te interview - and ticked every box going. Fitton seems to know his football and has money and pride at stake with this appointment. this will not be on a whim, and I for one trust him.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:02:26 »

55 caps for Scotland, manager of the u21s As well as managing Dundee United and Motherwell.... Plenty more experience than all the other manager mentioned put together. Heard contrasting reports on him from my many contacts north of the border, but he gets the benefit of the doubt and I will behind him 100% until he gives me reason not to.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: