Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official - Malpas is new manager  (Read 15754 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #165 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 21:28:53 »

In my more youthful years I was known to act like a Camels toe and then the next day say: "I was just kidding, and you lot fell for it, HA HA", and it worked....................

up to the point that my friends and I got older (More mature)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 21:28:57 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
You tarts actually think he's being serious half the time when he isn't though

So fatbury's the King of Comedy and I'm missing the point? :shock:

And there's me thinking he's a bit of a bell end.

Silly me :?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #167 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 21:30:31 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Quote from: "Si Pie"
You tarts actually think he's being serious half the time when he isn't though

So fatbury's the King of Comedy and I'm missing the point? :shock:

And there's me thinking he's a bit of a bell end.

Silly me :?

I didn't say he was funny
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 08:07:11 »

Sturrock : It wasn't me!

Sturrock: 'Malpas was nothing to do with me'
Exclusive By Anthony Marshall
Comment
PAUL Sturrock believes Town have got the best man for the job in Maurice Malpas, but insists he played no part in the fellow Scot's appointment as manager at the County Ground.

The former Scottish internationals played in the same Dundee United team in the 1980s, where they formed a close friendship which still exists today.

But although revealing that Andrew Fitton consulted him about the selection, Town's former boss - now at Plymouth - is adamant that Malpas was hired on his own merits.

He said: "I am delighted that Maurice has got the job - he's a good friend.

"Obviously he was one of the main candidates and he's done a lot to impress the board.

"But let me get it straight - Maurice applied for the job off his own back.

"He told me that he was going to be interviewed, but it was important that Maurice impressed the board himself.

"I spoke to Andrew Fitton but didn't want to influence their decision in any way.

"It would have been totally unprofessional and especially unfair on the other candidates.

"It would be crazy for people to think he had got the job because of me. He got it of his own accord and his interview has influenced the board into appointing him."

Fitton backed up Sturrock, adding: "I know people will say that the decision was due to Paul Sturrock's opinion. But I can honestly say it wasn't at all.

"I spoke to Paul twice during the process, once when he suggested a few names to me - and Maurice was not one of them - and on Sunday morning when he rang me to say good choice.' "Four of the names Paul suggested were actually on the shortlist, but in the end we felt Maurice was the right man for us.'' Malpas' only managerial experience comes from a short, largely unsuccessful spell in charge of Motherwell.

However he is highly regarded as a coach and as well as being number two at Dundee United and Motherwell, he has also looked after the Scottish under 21 side.

Sturrock believes that Malpas is good enough to continue where he left off in the Town hotseat, and says that the County Ground faithful may not see too much change.

"Maurice comes from the same school as me as we both learnt under Jim McLean at Dundee United," said "He's been a long-time assistant manager at Dundee United, then he was assistant manager at Motherwell under Terry Butcher, and he had a short spell as manager of Motherwell.

"He's got all the qualifications.

"He phoned me the other day and he's just really looking forward to it. He can't wait to get started at Swindon.''

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindontown/headlines/display.var.1948279.0.sturrock_malpas_was_nothing_to_do_with_me.php
fatbury

« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 08:19:30 »

more from the Sturrock class of bullshit!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 08:36:25 »

If I was Fitton I'd be tempted to say bollocks to this and just let the club shut down. If this is the amount of crap he's going to get over a managerial appointment then God knows what will happen if we lose a couple of games.
If Fitton has stumped up the money to keep the club solvent then he can fucking well appoint the Yorkshire Ripper if he wants.
Lets look at it logically shall we. No club or STFC with Malpas as manager - its a no brainer isn't it. If Malpas is crap then he'll get sacked and we replace him. If he's good then everyone wins apart from the moaning fuckers who can't wait to say I told you so.
Give both Fitton and Malaps a fucking chance because we've got no choice and they haven't actually done anything wrong yet.
Sometimes I really do despair being a Town fan. I love the club but some of our supporters need muzzles and others need their fingers being tied together so as they can't use a keyboard.
Now is the time for everyone to get behind Fitton and the team unless they prove themselves unworthy and their nowhere near that yet.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 08:47:55 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
more from the Sturrock class of bullshit!

:groan1: Fatters please come back when you have made the money that Fitton has in business then people may respect you.  He has gone for Malpas as his own choice and despite your bollocks comments most people are at least willing to give the guy a chance.  Fitton has said championship in 3 seasons I fully expect us to do this even with Malpas unproven record.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 08:49:44 »

Chalky - if the only view you want to hear is your own, maybe you'd be better off giving internet forums a miss for a while.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 08:59:14 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
Chalky - if the only view you want to hear is your own, maybe you'd be better off giving internet forums a miss for a while.

Ardiles - good comment. I think I've got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. Reading it again I'm actually as bad as those I'm having a pop at. Oh well, the day can only get better.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 09:02:17 »

Quote from: "chalkies_shorts"
Quote from: "Ardiles"

Ardiles - good comment. I think I've got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. Reading it again I'm actually as bad as those I'm having a pop at. Oh well, the day can only get better.

And I hope it does.   Smiley
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 09:02:43 »

It's all getting a bit angsty on here ain't it!
land_of_bo

« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 09:04:27 »

Time of the month BR.

Either that or post Xmas blues.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 09:05:37 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
It's all getting a bit angsty on here ain't it!

Shut up, you're not my parents. I'm going to my room.

--

As I asid, this type of debate goes on up and down the country. I doubt  100% of Bolton fans were happy with Megson as manager, nor Sheff U with Robson.

I'm sure we are a million miles away from the King situation, where people sat waiting for something to go wrong so they could moan. The decision has been made, I'm sure even Fatters will give the bloke time when push comes to shove.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 09:13:06 »

Chalkie does have a point though.  Fitton has spent a hell of a lot of time and money on saving Swindon Town, another man may have walked away when MD moved the goal posts.

I for one am very puzzled at some supporters views on the appointment of MM.  Okay so he's not the "name" that some would have wanted but at the end of the day AF & friends are entitled to appoint who they want.

I'm not sayig that MM is the answer but I never thought I'd see the day when Swindon fans wouldn't welcome their new manager.  Bloody hell we've had some very poor managers in the past and they have been given this treatment.

I just hope the vast majority give Malpas the welcome he deserves, and hopefully Motherwell was just a bad experience that MM has learned from.
Frasier3

« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 11:50:02 »

If Sturrock believes Malpas is the "best man for the job" why was he not one of the names Sturrock suggested?

"he suggested a few names to me-and Maurice was not one of them", said Fitton.

For the record I believe Malpas could be a great manager and I don't object to Fitton seeking advise from whoever he deems appropriate but why shouldn't fans ask questions when you get these statements that seem at odds with each other.

I just don't get this stuff from Sturrock about not wishing to influence Fittons decision but yet he recommends people and Fitton calls him for advice.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: