Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official - Malpas is new manager  (Read 16168 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 14:21:44 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Agree the guy deserves a chance- but  not the appointment i was hoping for.
you sound like Obi Wan Kenobi there! Soapy Tit Wank

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
JPC82

« Reply #106 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 14:23:51 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Agree the guy deserves a chance- but  not the appointment i was hoping for.
you sound like Obi Wan Kenobi there! Soapy Tit Wank

plays for chelsea dont he
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #107 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 15:24:32 »

Look lets be positive for two reasons. First of all he's not Allen / Cotterrell / King etc - please delete as appropriate. Second of all and most importantly, he is Scum free.
Parkin hardly set the world alight before he came here. Maybe any mistakes Malpas has made in the past he's learnt from.
He has my full support unless he proves himself crap. A few wins and any of this negative crap will be forgotten.
Yes, his name has come from left field but give the guy a break.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 15:38:02 »

Malpas certainly has good coaching experience, having been in scotland fulfiling various roles with the national team, he obviously got a bit of a rude awakening when at Motherwell and has cut his teeth as a manager.

Now he has to take all his coaching experience and the little bit of managerial experience he has had and put it too good use in the lower leagues of english football, he has a good reputation in the game as well.

I suspect he has good contacts in scotland so we will probably see some good scottish youngsters arrive, and he is keen on youth getting it's chance as well which can only be a good thing.

Fitton isn't stupid he is not going to the future of the club he is taking over on some guy that he is not sure off.

And of course there is contenuity with Byrne and Williams both getting coaching roles in the new setup.

There does seem to be quite a lot of good scottish managers out there as well, so the jocks must know a thing or two

If Fitton thinks that Malpas can do the job then that is good enough for me I will back him, and hopefully everyone else wil lget behind his appointment and collectively we can move the club forward towards the championship.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:06:09 »

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and this is not aimed at anyone in particular you understand but any one who comes out with something along the lines of, for example....

"im 100 percent convinced Malpas is a crap manager"

....has to be quite the cunt.

I mean, I think it's fair to say that none of us know anything about him. Certainly not what he's like as a coach or a person. So how the fuck can anyone be '100% convinced' he's a crap manager. By making that statement, you're also saying Fitton's an idiot which is clearly way off the mark as well.

Amazing.
sonic youth

« Reply #110 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:06:10 »

by the sounds of it, he's a model professional - or he was as a player - so i hope he can instill some of that professionalism into our side, as a few are still lacking in that department.

quite a few comparisons can be drawn between him and sturrock as well. both one club players for dundee utd and were both important members of their side during the 80s when they were quite successful, both represented scotland at two world cups and both are familiar with a number of our current side...

despite sturrock doing fairly well in his first managerial job, he was very poor during his tenure at dundee united as much like malpas' reign at motherwell, the side lost important players.

i'm 100% convinced that malpas is an awesome manager Cool
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:08:48 »

Promotions won out of this division, 0
Teams managed in this division, 0
Teams managed in this country, 0
Mangement Job, 1
Sacked, 1

Has never achieved anything as a manager.

Doesnt exactly fill me with confidence and he has no track record to speak of. Not what I wanted personally in a manager.
lebowski

« Reply #112 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:32:09 »

so, who spat their dummy out first?

and who spat it the furthest?

hysterics are always entertaining  
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:37:01 »

Quote from: "DV"
Promotions won out of this division, 0
Teams managed in this division, 0
Teams managed in this country, 0
Mangement Job, 1
Sacked, 1

Has never achieved anything as a manager.

Doesnt exactly fill me with confidence and he has no track record to speak of. Not what I wanted personally in a manager.

Leeds fans said much the same of Wise at the end of last season, although you'd have to add in "Relegations, 1". Give them a chance, FFS
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:39:41 »

I make that out to be a 100% record.
Why are we complaining?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:39:52 »

I'm sure they also added top 10 championship finishes and FA Cup finals, no?
sonic youth

« Reply #116 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:40:23 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
so, who spat their dummy out first?

and who spat it the furthest?

hysterics are always entertaining  

fatbury and fatbury.

nobody else has been that bothered. apparently even the mongs on thisis are supportive of him!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:43:14 »

Quote from: "DV"
I'm sure they also added top 10 championship finishes and FA Cup finals, no?

No they didn't they ignored those rather salient facts, much like you're ignoring the fact he took over a side that had just gone into admin and had to sell their best players. You can make the stats say whatever you like, let's judge him on his record here, shall we?
fatbury

« Reply #118 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:45:56 »

dont think I take any pleasure in it because I dont

just very very disappointed at the decision and what the early indications are about the new board as a result of it

It is an appointment proportional to that of giving Onoura the job --

When Iffy was appointed most of the people on here were happy .. for 5 mins but I didnt want him from day 1 ...

When Wise and Sturrock were appointed I was happy that we had good managers with a track record who would pull in supporters ...

i guess time will tell ...
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:49:11 »

Attendances have hardly taken a huge dip since Sturrock left have they?
If fact there were only 4,000 + there for Sturrock's first game.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: