Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official - Malpas is new manager  (Read 16172 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 11:06:28 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
Quote from: "fatbury"
full record as manager of Motherwell

from 18-05-2006 to  01-06-2007  played 44 won 14 lost 22 drew 8

To add balance to that they went into administration during his tenure, and sold key players before that season started.

Good point, well made.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #61 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 11:06:28 »

And Wise's record with Leeds was equally shit in the Championship...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 11:07:39 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
Quote from: "random_five"
Quote from: "pauld"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7169493.stm

Four days ago Malpas was looking at quitting football altogether.
Not sure what that says about how good he is......

Always helps if you read the article not just the headline:

Malpas, 45, said he wanted to remain in football

I did read the article Paul.

He clearly states that he was looking at quitting football altogether. It's a direct quote.

Make of it what you will, I just can't see Sturrock or Wise thinking of quitting football, can you?
he doesnt say that he was looking to quit football at all! He said he might have to look for a different job if he cant get a job in football. Two totally different things!

What STA said. Look, it doesn't really matter one way or t'other. He'll either do a job here or he won't - perhaps we should wait until at least the first couple of minutes of the first game (or maybe even a little longer) before we start judging him a success or failure? But if the first throw-in under the new regime doesn't go our way, then clearly it will be time to call for the manager's head.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 11:12:23 »

But if the first throw-in under the new regime doesn't go our way, then clearly it will be time to call for the manager's head.

This is actually true if the reason the first throw-in doesn't go our way is because we have punted the ball straight into touch from the kick-off, as was the 'tactic' during King's glorious reign ;-)
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 11:13:02 »

He clearly states that he was looking at quitting football altogether. It's a direct quote.

Make of it what you will, I just can't see Sturrock or Wise thinking of quitting football, can you?
he doesnt say that he was looking to quit football at all! He said he might have to look for a different job if he cant get a job in football. Two totally different things!

Yeah mate totally different! Dear oh dear.

The point is a half decent manager wouldn't even consider quitting the game.. surely you must see that.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 11:14:22 »

Quote from: "thepeoplesgame"
But if the first throw-in under the new regime doesn't go our way, then clearly it will be time to call for the manager's head.

This is actually true if the reason the first throw-in doesn't go our way is because we have punted the ball straight into touch from the kick-off, as was the 'tactic' during King's glorious reign ;-)
Seems to have been the same under Byrne, Sturrock and Wise too! :evil:  REally pisses me off, just pass the ball back and keep it. Whats the point in booting the ball forward in a rugby kick off stylee and immediately losing posession!!! anyway, thats for another thread!!!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 11:16:56 »

Yeah mate totally different! Dear oh dear.

The point is a half decent manager wouldn't even consider quitting the game.. surely you must see that.
What? and you have never made any contingency plans? :wall:

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 11:20:42 »

Im pleased.

In fact so pleased its all sorted im going to Walsall dressed as a morris dancer.  Cool
neville w

« Reply #68 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 11:50:07 »

I think it's positive.  Additionally, retaining Byrne as assistant may provide him with the required experience should Malpas leave. As a whole new team is not coming in all at once, you'd hope that there was some succession planning going on as well.

No-one knew how Macari, Ardiles or Hoddle were going to turn out did they ?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 11:53:04 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
And Wise's record with Leeds was equally shit in the Championship...

Good point - if Wise had been sacked at the end of last season, Leeds fans would have been saying "There you are, told you he was shit" just as some Motherwell fans apparently say about Malpas. Whereas I think now even though some will always hate him for being Chelsea, most would concede he's not done a bad job this season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 12:12:16 »

Aaaah, but if Andy King was appointed Motherwell manager some would be saying "he took Swindon to the playoff semi on a limited budget, and they never got relagated under him".

Fishing.
magic8ball

« Reply #71 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 12:13:48 »

Considering the state this club was in about three weeks ago, I'd have been quite happy to see Fitton appoint Roland Rat with Kevin the gerbil as his assistant.

I shall be behind Malpas all the way, until I'm given sufficient proof not to.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 12:17:08 »

Quote from: "magic8ball"
Considering the state this club was in about three weeks ago, I'd have been quite happy to see Fitton appoint Roland Rat with Kevin the gerbil as his assistant
What, no place for that fucking old gooner Fatbury, with all this experience he must have now I thought he would be an automatic choice for most people!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 12:19:58 »

Quote from: "magic8ball"
Considering the state this club was in about three weeks ago, I'd have been quite happy to see Fitton appoint Roland Rat with Kevin the gerbil as his assistant.

I shall be behind Malpas all the way, until I'm given sufficient proof not to.

Surely Kevin would get the physio job, what with his pink bucket.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #74 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 12:20:35 »

Quote from: "neville w"
I think it's positive.  Additionally, retaining Byrne as assistant may provide him with the required experience should Malpas leave. As a whole new team is not coming in all at once, you'd hope that there was some succession planning going on as well.

No-one knew how Macari, Ardiles or Hoddle were going to turn out did they ?

I am not disagreeing with that comment at all Neville but you can counter it by saying no-one knew what Iffy, Beamish, Trollope were going to turn out ike either.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: