Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ADVER: Fitton Back In Uk to Finish Takeover  (Read 23911 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 14:50:13 »

Quote from: "wheretherealredsare"
Hold up due to technical problem with development rights being with Shaw Park Developments according to AF on Radio Swindon. This has JUST been pointed out by lawyers ... ffs what have the briefs been doing? Why only now point this out???

Otherwise encouraging, doesn't seem to be financial problems. Hope this interview will be put on the RS website.

My take is that its a new issue resulting from Fitton's desire to bring everything STFC back 'in house' rather than spread through a series of holding and/or development companies.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 14:50:29 »

If the deal is not going to go through next week and this problem delays and delays this takeover surely by then it will be too late?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #197 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 14:50:47 »

My general summary is that he is determined to buy the club, or in his own words "tenacious".

I just hope that he doesn't get pissed off and give up.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 14:51:23 »

Anybody ... listening to that AF interview, do you think any criticism on forums has been unfounded?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #199 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 14:54:05 »

Anybody ... listening to that AF interview, do you think any criticism on forums has been unfounded?

Possibly, although maybe AF is just being very very diplomatic!
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 14:54:29 »

Pumbaa ... agreed. The fact that he said effectively that the legals have been told to sort it sounded promising. Just hope that others involved in SPD are willing to allow resoltion of the technical difficulty.
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 14:54:42 »

If you mean criticism of the current board, then maybe. Problem is though they have a bit of 'history' with regards to failed takeover attempts that means many folk are skeptical when the board make any form of statement.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #202 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 14:56:33 »

Problem is now that if the other people involved in the shaw park developments don't want to deal with fitton then it will collapse.

I am so disappointed by the turnout today for the protests i really thought there were going to be a good few hundred protesting, but 100 people protesting is not very good, the board probably find it hilarious, if i was there raining or not i would be protesting.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 14:57:48 »

Amen to that. Not looking for any retraction here, maybe a lot of it wouldn't have occurred if the board had been more communicative ... oh, yeah they don't do that well.

Now football .... come on Town!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #204 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 14:58:26 »

It is possible, and is stress the word "POSSIBLE", after that interview that much of the specualtion is unfounded.

BUT, if that is the case then the board STILL only have themsleves to blame for not keeping us in the loop. If we knew what was happeneing then we would have no to to speculate in the first place would we.
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 15:01:09 »

Quote from: "OneBillPower"
Problem is now that if the other people involved in the shaw park developments don't want to deal with fitton then it will collapse.

I am so disappointed by the turnout today for the protests i really thought there were going to be a good few hundred protesting, but 100 people protesting is not very good, the board probably find it hilarious, if i was there raining or not i would be protesting.

How do you know only 100 people were at the march? Sauce?
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #206 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 15:06:19 »

Recieved a text from someone at about 2.45 informing me of the poor turnout.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #207 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 15:08:01 »

Quote from: "OneBillPower"
Recieved a text from someone at about 2.45 informing me of the poor turnout.

So you were vastly exaggerating then?
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #208 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 15:35:42 »

I just think that considering the club's future is on the line 100 people protesting is poor and i expected a few hundred at least.
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, December 1, 2007, 15:38:56 »

Weather a factor maybe? Ed Hadwin did say it was pissing down earlier.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: