Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ADVER: Fitton Back In Uk to Finish Takeover  (Read 23428 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 08:43:16 »

ANDREW Fitton has made a last-minute dash across the Atlantic in an attempt to rescue his stuttering Town takeover bid - while admitting he already has managers in mind to succeed Paul Sturrock.
The Swindon suitor has cut short a business trip in America by 24 hours after revealing he is still at a loss to explain why takeover talks are stalling and has called a meeting today to "hammer out the problems".
Town claimed the deal could be sealed as early as today just a few days ago but, even if talks go well today, an abundance of paperwork means completion will probably have to wait until next week.
advertisement    
Swindon have welcomed the news, insisting they are determined to complete the deal and are confident any outstanding issues will now be dealt with.
Fitton is expected to be at tomorrow's FA Cup second round clash at the County Ground against Forest Green Rovers.
Speaking from the States yesterday afternoon, the Ramsbury businessman revealed: l He would arrive back in London today hoping for a meeting between both parties.
l Nothing has advanced within the last 24 hours.
l He has two or three ideal candidates in mind for the vacant managerial post at the County Ground.
l He would only appoint a manager with a proven track record, but admits a former Town player would be ideal if he had the necessary experience.
l The right man' would bring stability and take Town into the Championship and keep them there.
As the Town takeover saga rumbles on, Fitton is convinced both parties are determined to complete the deal but admits the last couple of weeks have been frustrating.
He is confident rumours the Inland Revenue have given a deadline of today for the club to repay the debts are wide of the mark, but warns time is fast running out for all issues to be sorted.
He said: "I really don't understand why nothing is moving on this deal. The legal process has not progressed whatsoever within the last 24 hours.
"I am coming back from the US early and hopefully we can arrange a meeting between both sets of lawyers to hammer out the outstanding issues.
"There is an art at getting these things across and at the moment we don't seem to have it.
"It is only natural that soon people will start getting bored.
"There is still a lot of paperwork to be generated even if everything is sorted. It is frustrating the length of time this is taking."
Club director Bob Holt welcomed Fitton's homecoming.
He said: "To complete the deal is what everyone wants.
"Hopefully at this meeting everything can be ironed out and we can look forward.
"I think it is still on course.
"We have some big games coming up and I just urge all Swindon supporters to get behind their team."
Some Town fans though, are planning a funeral procession' and peaceful protest at tomorrow's match.
7:30am today
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 09:36:44 »

Is he back yet? According to WDP it's this pm when he arrives and goes straight to a meeting:

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=145787&command=displayContent&sourceNode=145780&contentPK=19117845&folderPk=100269&pNodeId=145803

Less positive reporting, but at least something is happening:

CRUCIAL MEETING FOR SWINDON TAKEOVER BID
Be the first reader to comment on this story
BY JAMES MCNAMARAJ.MCNAMARA@BEPP.CO.UK

08:00 - 30 November 2007

The consortium planning a takeover of Swindon Town is set to concede defeat if the deal is not completed today.

The bid's leader, Andrew Fitton, is due to return from America this afternoon and go straight into a meeting with current owner Sir Seton Wills to find out if the offer he tabled a fortnight ago has been accepted.

The Wiltshire-based millionaire met Wills and his business advisors earlier this week to address a number of outstanding issues. The Daily Press understands some last-minute amendments to the offer were requested at that meeting, but have since been refused by Fitton and his associates.

Article Continues  

The consortium is understood to have made an offer to take on Swindon's existing debts, thought to amount to about £6 million, in return for full control of the club.

The bidders are expected to issue a take-it-or-leave-it ultimatum at today's summit, which has been described as "crucial" to their continued pursuit of the club.

Worried fans are already planning protests before the FA Cup tie against Forest Green Rovers at the County Ground tomorrow.

Supporters Trust chairman Paul Davis said: "It is quite clear that the only way the club can survive is for a takeover deal to be completed.

"The current owners have an obligation to do what is best for the club and that means they have to sell up and go now."

Joint caretaker-managers David Byrne and Ady Williams will take charge of the team for the first time since Paul Sturrock left for Plymouth Argyle this week.

Former Leicester City boss Martin Allen and a number of other candidates have already confirmed their interest in the vacancy. But Byrne and Williams have yet to rule themselves out of the running for the job on a full-time basis.

Byrne said: "We have been asked to do the job and until told otherwise we will continue to do that.

"We don't need to apply for the position because we are in the job and all we have to do is steer the ship in the right direction.

"If we get results and the board thinks it is fitting that we should be offered the job permanently, then we will sit down and discuss it."
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 09:49:59 »

Sotoday is our last chance.

Thanks Diamandis- i hope what goes around comes around
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 09:55:51 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"

Bart, lets give it a chance eh? If MD Fucks this deal up then it will be time to unleash hell but until that time lets try and keep optomistic because this is really beginning to get me down.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 09:58:26 »

I disagree Foggie, I think we've given this lot far too much time to look on the bright side.  I'm with Bart on this until the current board have gone I'm looking on the negative, this is gonna fook up, side of things.

Now is not the time for optimism, I hope Fitton manages to convince Wills to go, taking his cronies with him, but I fear it's not gonna happen.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 11:06:46 »

Why can't our club just be boring behind the scenes for a few years.

It's all so depressing.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 11:34:28 »

We'd still find something to complain about though.  Cool
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 11:36:43 »

Quote from: "Tails"
We'd still find something to complain about though.  Cool

Yeah, we demand a new multi-purpose, state of the art 80,000 capacity stadium, with a fully retractable roof NOW... FRITTON OUT
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 11:54:48 »

Quote from: "Fogster"
Quote from: "STFC Bart"

Bart, lets give it a chance eh? If MD Fucks this deal up then it will be time to unleash hell but until that time lets try and keep optomistic because this is really beginning to get me down.

If he suceeds in screwing upo the deal, it will be too late to "unleash hell". If we want to save the club, this deal needs to go through. Diamond promised us last December that he will if nessecary take the club under with him. If this deal is not dome in the NEXT FEW HOURS, DAYS AT MOST, the club dies.

From the Dark Side
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 15:20:21 »

1 hour 40 minutes  and counting. Tick tock...
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 15:25:13 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
1 hour 40 minutes encounting. Tick tock...

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 15:25:23 »

Does anyone else feel like you're waiting outside an operating theatre, pacing up and down waiting for news, whilst a close member of your family is having a life saving operation at the moment??  Crying

Or is it just me that feels like that??!!  :-))(

Not sure how I've managed to do any work today - just seemed to be glued to the websites waiting for news!!!!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 15:30:01 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
1 hour 40 minutes encounting. Tick tock...

You what?! Tongue

Surely we have til after 5 if we need it?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 15:31:59 »

i still have some serious reservations that fitton is any good for us.
i know nothing about the bloke and his reasons for wanting to take over.
are people just desperate for him to take over to rid us of the current lot?basically i mean, could it be anybody and people would be demanding they get the club.
or is he the real deal and i've missed something?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, November 30, 2007, 15:35:10 »

Quote from: "arriba"
i still have some serious reservations that fitton is any good for us.
i know nothing about the bloke and his reasons for wanting to take over.
are people just desperate for him to take over to rid us of the current lot?basically i mean, could it be anybody and people would be demanding they get the club.
or is he the real deal and i've missed something?

Fucking too right!

The bloke also sounds like a proper businessman which is what the club needs.

It's All Good..............
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: